Koningsdam Review: March 27

Terre

Koningsdam:  The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Sail Dates:  March 27, 2019 – April 7, 2019

Cabin:  6177, Verandah Stateroom

Ports:  Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale; Phillipsburg, St. Maarten; Castries, St. Lucia with a Cruise of Soufriere Bay; Bridgetown Barbados; Fort-De-France, Martinique with a Daylight Cruise Passed Mount Pelee; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Captain:  Darin Bowland

Cruise Director:  Nathan Hinojosa

Hotel Director:  Mustafa Galbahar

Our Cruise Experience:  First with HAL; 40 total

Pre Cruise Stay:  We decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale the night before so we booked a room at the Rodeway Inn Airport.  They provided a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the cruise terminal, which you have to reserve when you check in.

We arrived around 4:00 and found the waiting area for shuttles, called the hotel and the shuttle arrived within about 20-30 minutes.  After we got into our room, it was close to dinner time so we decided to try Marina84, the hotel’s restaurant & bar.  We’d read some reviews on it and they were mostly good.  Since we didn’t have a car to go anywhere else, this was as good as any place.  It was already doing a pretty good business when we went in and sat down.  My husband ordered a hamburger and I ordered the French Dip…wish I’d ordered the hamburger!  He said it was good and it looked good.  My French Dip, however, was pretty bad. 

A

fter dinner, we walked around checking out the hotel.  It has a business center, which consists of two computers and I think a printer, located around the corner from the lobby.  It has a shop in case you forgot something or want to buy other items.  A pool of course, and the restaurant.

Our room was nice with two full beds, TV, fridge, and a coffee maker.  After we settled in for the night and were watching TV, the power went out.  Once I found our flashlight, it came back on.  Apparently lightening from the storm had struck a substation and caught the lines on fire causing the outage.  It wasn’t out very long, but the next morning when I was getting ready for breakfast, it went out for a few hours.  I was just getting out of the shower when it went out, and I had to put my makeup on with the trusty flashlight and couldn’t dry my hair.  When the power finally came back on, we went for breakfast.  I was not in a good mood, and breakfast took forever because everyone was so slow getting what they wanted.  It’s one of those typical hotel breakfasts that has cereals, fruits, pastries, make your own waffles and pancakes, etc.  As I said, I was not in a good mood with the power being out and this man walks in dressed as a yacht captain making jokes like this… “Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking”.  “That’s it, just your captain speaking.”  Well some people thought it was funny, I, however, did not.  He walked around the room making jokes with people and fortunately for him, he did not stop at our table.

Shuttle time…we had reserved seats on the first shuttle to the terminal which left a little after 9:30.  It was supposed to be 10:00, but we were ready and actually glad it was leaving earlier.  I hope no one missed it!

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

• Like 2

Embarkation:

We really didn’t have to wait very long before they began boarding and we were on board around 11:30.  We had read on Cruise Critic that the main dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day so we threw our carry-on in the cabin and headed there for lunch.  I’m glad we did, it was so much nicer than trying to fight the crowds in the buffet.  It was a nice relaxing wonderful lunch.  My husband had a steak sandwich that he liked and I had the fluke shrimp butter; not sure why it was called that, and my husband had the peanut butter silk pie. 

The dining room is pretty with everything in white with red and white lights.  The waiters’ stations are in rooms along the outsides of the dining room so no tables are by the stations.  I liked that.

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

Our Cabin:

We liked the fact that our luggage had already been delivered to our cabin when we boarded and we were able to go to our cabins right away instead of waiting until 1:00.  That was a good thing!

We had cabin 6177 with a verandah.  The verandah was a nice size with two adjustable semi-lounge chairs, one with a foot stool, and a small round table.  We spent quite a bit of time on the verandah.  Another good thing.

The layout of the cabin was good.  As you walk in, the the bathroom is on your right with closets adjacent on your left.  The bathroom shower has glass doors and was a good size, but it didn’t drain well at all.  The toilet is squeezed into a corner facing the shower, so if you have long legs, be prepared to sit sideways…a bad thing.

There is plenty of closet space with shelving and the safe is inside another closet-like space.  You will program in a four-digit number to lock and unlock it.  The beds were pushed together to make a king size bed and it was very comfortable; you couldn’t tell where the crack was!  A good thing!  We had four pillows, two small ones, and two queen size ones.  It took a couple of nights to find the ones we each liked.

There is a sofa with two cabinets above it, and a small table that can easily be moved around – a good thing – since you had to move it to use the desk that was across from it.  The desk had three drawers for storage. There seemed to be plenty of lighting over the desk, but for applying make-up, it cast a shadow so it was hard to really see.  A bad thing.

One thing I loved was on the wall under the TV is an area that seemed to be recessed into the wall with wire cables.  It was great for storing books and my pocket folder with all of our cruise info.  I have a folder for cruise docs, airline info, each port with confirmations, etc. in it, and that was a really handy place for it.  A good thing.

There are plenty of outlets, both European and U.S., along with a USB port for charging your cell phone at the desk, and one at each night stand along with U.S. outlets.  A good thing!

To keep your lights on and the A/C running while you are out, keep a card of some type in the holder at the door.  I used an old Blockbuster card.  We always turned the lights off, but want the A/C to stay on.  The temp in our room usually stayed around 68, but some nights it did get up to 72 or 73.  I had ordered a fan for my asthma for sleeping and that helped as well.

IMG_2774.jpg

Bed

IMG_2773.jpg

Balcony

IMG_2780.jpg

So after lunch, we went back to the room so I could get everything hung up to minimize any wrinkling, and get everything in its place.  I brought magnetic clips to put up our  itinerary and any invitations or anything else important that we didn’t want to lose.  I also brought strong magnetic hooks for hanging pants, pool bag, etc.

Food: Food options were plenty around the ship, but we ate most of our breakfasts and lunches, and all of our dinners in the main dining room.  No complaints on the food here except for the red snapper at dinner one evening.  It was pretty bad and I couldn’t eat it and didn’t want anything else from the menu.  The MDR’s menu selections were good, I suppose, but we are the meat and potatoes kind of people so we did have some challenges.  Most everything we chose was good and all of the soups were very good.

Main Dining Room: For dinner we had anytime dining, and eventually ended up with a wait team that we liked and had the rest of the cruise.  They were Swedana and Al Rey.  A very good team, always getting our food  out right away and making sure we finished in time to get to the 7:00 show.  The Maitre d’ actually assigned us to them after my husband spoke with him one morning about his eggs.  They made sure everything was perfect with us from that day on.  A good thing!

Edited by Terre
  • Like 2

Breakfast:  I ordered egg white omelets with peppers, onion, and cheese every morning and it was always perfect. It comes with a little hash brown that is scrumptious, but I had to be careful with that.  My husband would order his eggs over medium and they were always overcooked.  We figured they continued to cook inside the cloche from the galley to the table.  Once he began ordering them over easy, they were perfect.

Dinner Apps & Soups:  Shrimp and chicken croquette, crab & and daikon cakes, jumbo shrimp cocktail, hazelnut crusted brie, Caribbean island fritters, crab and shrimp Louis, wild mushroom with Thai red curry, spring rolls, shrimp cocktail with mustard sauce, scallops, and traditional shrimp cocktail.  Wish I’d gotten two of all of these!  The flavors were so good of each of these apps.

Soups were all delicious and included French onion, cream of mushroom, Thai shrimp bisque, potato and leek soup, tomato and zucchini soup, corn and something soup, sun choke soup with toasted pumpkin seed, and butternut squash soup.  Each soup was very flavorful with a rich creamy texture (except for the French onion) and left you wanting more.  The French onion was the best I’ve had anywhere, except for one night when I had no onions, only the cruton and broth!  A bad thing…but when it had the onions, this soup was excellent.  The cruton was excellent and covered the entire bowl.  It was only super hot a night or two, which was okay with me because French onion soup is usually so hot you can’t eat it.  Again, all of the soups were delicious…another good thing!

Dinner Entrees:  Entrees included shrimp Diablo, prime rib, tenderloin and shrimp, spaghetti, pot roast, red snapper, red wine brisket, petite tenders, parmesan crusted chicken breast, surf & turf (filet mignon and lobster), and sweet and sour shrimp.  We enjoyed the entrees we got with the exception of the red snapper.  All dishes were beautiful and tasted wonderful!  The waiter takes the lobster out of the shell for you – a good thing!  We are hit or miss on that detail from cruise to cruise, as some do and some don’t.

Desserts:  All of the desserts were good.  They were scrumptious, but I couldn’t eat too many being diabetic.  Desserts we got are, peanut butter silk pie, cheese & fruit plate, chocolate soufflé, Nutella cheesecake, rum cake, cheese plate, almond & orange cake, warm flourless chocolate cake.  I got sorbet a couple of nights, but I have to say the fruit and cheese plate was very good.

Sorry...I'll have to add pics later, Photobucket is not cooperating right now.

Edited by Terre
  • Like 1

I am going to stop here for now since Photobucket isn't cooperating and will try again later.

Still trying, but having trouble with Photobucket.  I may have to add photos at the end.

Edited by Terre

Thanks for the review. I see what you mean about the space under the TV. Definitely convenient for storing papers or even reading material. And it sounds like they've improved the menus since I was on in January. The list of soups sounds better than I remember having, so that's a good thing. 

Two comments. First, I don't think the AC cuts out when you remove your card from the slot. I did not keep one in all the time and when I returned from being out all day, the room was comfortable. I did hear some grumbling around the ship from people who weren't used to the card slot controlling the lights. I actually like it because I always know where my key card is, no looking around for it when I go out. 

Second, it looks like a very tight squeeze at the corner of the bed and the cabinet. Was it difficult to get past?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Thanks for the review. I see what you mean about the space under the TV. Definitely convenient for storing papers or even reading material. And it sounds like they've improved the menus since I was on in January. The list of soups sounds better than I remember having, so that's a good thing. 

Two comments. First, I don't think the AC cuts out when you remove your card from the slot. I did not keep one in all the time and when I returned from being out all day, the room was comfortable. I did hear some grumbling around the ship from people who weren't used to the card slot controlling the lights. I actually like it because I always know where my key card is, no looking around for it when I go out. 

Second, it looks like a very tight squeeze at the corner of the bed and the cabinet. Was it difficult to get past?

Thanks about the A/C, I may be wrong about that.  Yes it is a tight squeeze.  And I forgot to mention that there is a night light that comes on when you get up during the night and lights up the floor -- very nice!

NY Deli:  Most days for lunch I would get the New Jersey Turkey Club Decker sandwich.  It was very good and I would order it without lettuce and remove the middle piece of bread, you know, to cut down on calories – really, don’t laugh!  The bread is buttered and toasted just the right amount and the turkey is shaved and piled on with a tomato and cheese, emmm…just thinking about it now makes my mouth water!  They also have pizza here, but you can’t get it by the slice – a bad thing – so you do have to order the whole pizza.  It’s about the size of a medium pizza.

In the evening my husband would get wings here and I would get the sliders, nachos with cheese, or popcorn.  The popcorn is not available until just before the movie starts.

Dive-In:  My husband got a hamburger from here at lunch one day along with some fries.  He liked the food he got from here. I think the fries were double fried and looked scrumptious!

Buffet:  We didn’t eat from the buffet often because they serve you and it is slow getting through it.  Another reason was that it wasn’t open when we wanted something.  A bad thing.  The hours are 6:00 a.m. – 9:00, 11:30 a.m. -- 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. -- 10:30 p.m.  Every time we went there they were closing up.  We are used to buffets being open later than 10:30 so we were forced to go to the NY Deli for snacks after 10:30.  A bad thing.  Items we did get from the buffet were shrimp stir fry from the Asian station, brisket, shrimp cocktails, but they don’t have cocktail sauce, and desserts.  My husband went up after dinner and said they had lobster on lobster night and he was able to get three.  The buffet pretty much had whatever the main dining room served at dinner, so that was a good thing!

Star Mariner Lunch:

We had an invitation to attend the Star Mariner Lunch on the first sea day; we started with one Mariner Star because we have many Carnival cruises under our belts.  They did not take up invitations, so I kept ours.  We were seated at a table for two that was beautifully decorated with glasses of champagne and beautiful exotic flowers.  Lunch was a choice of chicken and Andouille gumbo, Caribbean Montego pepper steak, Cobia and grilled shrimp, and pasta pasta.  My husband had the gumbo and liked it. I think he got the pepper steak, but can’t remember now.  I got the Pasta Pasta and it was very good.   It had a very smooth and flavorful consistency that almost melted on your tongue.  We didn’t get dessert. 

On the next sea day, we headed to the MDR for lunch and when we got off the elevator a huge crowd was going into the dining room.  We merged in and wondered why the Captain and ship’s officers were there.  Once seated, we realized it was a second Star Mariner lunch, exactly like the one we had the day before!  That’s what happens when they don’t take your invitation! 

• Like 1

Okay...keep your fingers crossed!  Let's try some pics...

Steak sandwich at lunch on embarkation day

IMG_2793.jpg

Peanut Butter Silk Pie at lunch on embarkation day

IMG_2795.jpg

Buffet Sandwiches

IMG_2811.jpg

Dining Room

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

French Onion Soup

IMG_2861.jpg

Shrimp and Chicken Cake

IMG_2862.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ports of Call:

Phillipsburg, St. Maarten:  Our first stop was St. Maarten.  Since we have been here so many times, we stayed on board and enjoyed getting a chair by the Sea View pool and soaked up some rays while most everyone else was in port.  If you have not been here before, I recommend a tour with Bernard’s.

Castries, Saint Lucia:  Again, we’d been here so many times we opted to stay on board.  I think we did get off and walk around the terminal and got some great shots of the ship and the water.  If you haven’t been here I recommend a tour with Cosol.  We’ve taken his tour twice and you will see lots, eat lots, drink lots, and do lots!  You can get a mud bath, you will see the Pitons, you will see a waterfall, botanical gardens, and eat a local lunch.

As we were leaving St. Lucia, the ship took a slow tour around the bay and we were very close to the Pitons!  You could see them so well; usually it’s cloudy and we can never see them, but we got some beautiful shots of them as we sailed through the bay.  A good thing!

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

• Like 2

Bridgetown, Barbados:  Once again, been there done that so we decided to take a taxi to Rascal’s and enjoy the day at Brandon’s Beach.  When we arrived, we checked in with Leigh and for $20 we got two chairs on the beach with umbrella, and a complimentary rum drink each.  We got our chairs and walked along the beach.  It was a beautiful, sunny day.  After a nice walk along the beach, we headed back to our chairs to bask in the sun awhile.  Since it was a week-day, it wasn’t crowded with locals, but by around 11:00 more and more people began showing up.  We had told our taxi driver to pick us up around 1:00 so we packed up around 12:00 and went to the bar for those free drinks!  Yes, they had plenty of rum in them!  They were very tasty with nutmeg and other spices.  My husband bought one more for the road and while we were sitting there relaxing, our taxi driver walked through looking for us around 12:30. 

Brandon’s Beach is beautiful and this was a very nice, relaxing day for us. Leigh, Corey, Carson, and Michael will take very good care of you.

Brandon's Beach at Rascal's

IMG_2812_1.jpg

IMG_2815_1.jpg

IMG_2818_1.jpg

IMG_2809_1.jpg

IMG_2823_1.jpg

IMG_2825_1.jpg

IMG_2827_1.jpg

Michael at Rascal's

IMG_2830_1.jpg

IMG_2833_1.jpg

IMG_2840_1.jpg

Edited by Terre
  • Like 1

Fort-de-France, Martinique:  This port was the only one we had not been to and were excited about our visit.  We had booked a tour with Krambole Tours, and Christelle, our guide, was excellent.  Instructions were to meet her at the pier at 9:00.  While we were waiting, it began to rain…oh, no!  She arrived precisely at 9:00 and said that this was the first rain they’d had in months and they were glad to see it.  Van loaded, we began our journey to the top of the mountain.  First stop was a Catholic church that is magnificent.  It’s an old beautiful church that has some rich history.  There are also restrooms here that are the last ones for a while.  We left the church and headed to the rain forest.  We saw the Alma River, and while most walked down to the Saut Gendarme water fall, I and another lady opted to stay in the van since it was raining and the steps to the falls were steep.  I didn’t want to chance slipping and breaking something -- like my pride!

From here we visited the ruins of an old theater in St. Pierre, the DePaz Rum Distillery, and on to Grey Sand Beach, our last stop.  We also saw Mt. Pelee.  At each stop, Christelle would present us with tasty local treats that she had prepared for us. 

The trip takes extremely winding roads so if you have motion sickness, I would recommend you take whatever you use for that before the tour.  Christelle has something she can give you, but I wished I had taken my Bonine!  This tour costs 65 Euros pp and she prefers you pay with Euros.  They are easy to order from your bank and have within a few days; otherwise it’s $85 pp.  You may also pay with a credit card.  We enjoyed this tour.

As we were leaving, the ship sailed passed Mt. Pelee, but we were at dinner and couldn’t see it from the ship.

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

• Like 2

Basseterre, Saint Kitts:  Again, been there done all that.  We had reserved chairs at Palms Court Gardens and Restaurant here.  It is a short taxi ride there and you can walk it in about 15 minutes if you’re up to that. We arrived early and our chairs were waiting for us with our name on them!  They were located at the edge of the pool overlooking the beautiful blue ocean with a wonderful view of the ship.  They offer free Wi-Fi, but be aware that it doesn’t work for every phone and wouldn’t work with ours.  The gardens are beautiful with a lot of gorgeous tropical plants and flowers.  The pool is very nice, large enough and extremely clean.  There is a hot tub there as well. There is no beach here, just the beautiful view of the ship and gardens around the resort.

We did not eat lunch here, but my husband did order a Toilet Water drink.  I tasted it, and it was very strong…  The ships’ crews also like to visit here, so soon after lunch time they began arriving and the peacefulness and quietness of the pool and surrounding area became noisy and not as enjoyable, so be aware of this as well.

Around 1:00 we decided we’d had enough of the pool and sun and asked them to call us  taxi so we could head back to the ship.  I would recommend this place if you can get there early (it opens at 9:00), if you would like a quiet, beautiful day.  The day pass is $12pp and if you take the taxi, that is $10.  Be sure to use a good sunscreen because it is very hot and with the nice breezes, you don’t realize how much sun you are getting. 

If you prefer a tour, Grey’s does a good tour here.

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

I have hundreds of pics here...so hard to choose!

Edited by Terre
  • Like 3

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas:  Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but again, been there done it all.  We stayed on the ship and enjoyed the peacefulness of the Sea View pool.  Several years ago we took a snorkeling tour with Rumbaba and I think they are still in business with new owners.  That a was a great day and I would recommend it.  Island tours are always good as well.

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

Half Moon Cay:  Been here several times and it always has been our favorite day.  Half Moon Cay is so pretty with its pristine beaches and beautiful views of the water and our ship.  This day, however, was not so enjoyable.  This was our first time visiting HMC on a HAL ship and HAL decided to add this port to its new ship, the Nieuw Statendam as well.  This small private island is not big enough to handle two large ships on the same day, in my opinion.

The Koningsdam arrived first which was good.  We were able to get some good chairs in the sun near the pirate ship.  After the Statendam arrived, it began to get quite crowded on the small island.  Lunch was not good at all.  Our other times here it has always been a good lunch.  It was very crowded trying to get lunch and the hamburgers weren’t cooked enough and neither was my hot dog.  The chicken was not that good either.  Thank goodness for fruit!

We left around 1:00 and the line for the tender was extremely long.  People would cut in line by going under the ropes instead of snaking around and through the maze of rope.  We sat on the tender for at least 30 minutes while they filled it up.  Once full, the tender had a hard time trying to back away from the pier.  After several tries we finally made it, turned around and headed for the ship.

We were disappointed that they put two large ships here on the same day.  I would call this day the ugly.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3012_1.jpg

• Like 1

Entertainment:  The ship has what it calls the Music Walk, consisting of a BB King’s Blues Club, Lincoln Center Stage, Billboard on Board, and RollingStone Rock Room.  We enjoyed the Lincoln Center Stage with its classical musicians, but the times they were on stage was when we were at dinner.  We managed to catch the tail end of their performances a couple of nights and I really liked them.

We went to BB King’s three nights and liked the band, they were really good, but after three or four nights, we got bored with it.  The female singer was much better than the male singer, but I enjoyed listening to them both.

The same thing with RollingStone Rock Room…we went there three nights and after a while got bored with that.  The lead singer wasn’t that good, but the band itself was.

We didn’t even listen to the Billboard on Board because just walking passed it was enough; we couldn’t take an hour of them.

There was no entertainment the first night in the World Stage theater, but the second night we had a comedian, Kira Soltanovich.  She was funny talking about her Russian mother.  The second night on the World Stage was StepOne Dance Company presenting “Humanity”.  That was the best in my opinion.  The walls in the theater are millions of tiny LED lights.  This performance was really professional and beautiful with the incorporation of the laser lights and the use of the walls.  This should not be missed and they performed this show twice during the cruise.  The theater is quite small for this size ship, but the Humanity show wouldn’t work well if the theater were larger.

StepOne Dance Company’s performance, “Stages”, was the ugly in my opinion.  It was about three couples and the different stages of their relationships…not a good performance at all and some people did walk out during this performance. 

Other shows on World Stage included BBC Earth Presents:  Blue Planet II; another ugly.  We could have watched this in our stateroom.  It is comparable to a National Geographic movie, only not as good; another comedian, Kelly McDonald; an illusionist, Ruben Vilagrand who was really good and shouldn’t be missed; a master mentalist, Jon Stetson who was very good; singer, Petrina Johnson, who was good; and one night they combined the mentalist and Petrina Johnson calling it a variety show.

In the evening there was also Majority Rules Game Show, and music trivia, if you like those types games.  The casino was another option.  There were options during the day, but when not in port, we were at the pool. 

We would go the Crow’s Nest in the evening for happy hour and hang out there for a while.  There is a little café outside the Crow’s Nest called Explorations Café, but it was only open one night we went there.  Our When & Where paper says it’s open from 9:00 a.m—8:00 p.m.; guess we went early one night!

Disembarkation:  Disembarkation was as easy as embarkation.  We had a disembarkation time of 8:15, but they called us earlier.  We found our luggage right away and getting through Customs was a breeze.  We got a taxi right away and were at the airport in plenty of time for our flight, which happened to be an hour late!

One thing they give you is a summary of the entertainment for the whole cruise so you can plan what you want to do at a glance.  I noticed that they showed us in Half Moon Cay on March 16th.  Problem was, the cruise didn’t begin until March 27th.  Oops!

• Like 1

Some more food porn:

IMG_2908.jpg

Jerk Seafood Salad

IMG_2915.jpg

Prime Rib

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

Fries from NY Deli

IMG_2731_1.jpg

Hazelnut Crusted Brie...scrumptious!

IMG_2977.jpg

Cream of Mushroom

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

New Jersey Turkey Club Decker (minus the lettuce)

IMG_3049.jpg

Caribbean Island Fritter

IMG_3060.jpg

Pot Roast

IMG_3062.jpg

Sliders from NY Deli

IMG_3077.jpg

Pizza from NY Deli

IMG_3082.jpg

Red Wine Brisket -- another scrumptious!

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

Butternut Squash Soup

IMG_3492.jpg

Edited by Terre
  • Like 1

Here are some pics from around the ship.

IMG_2801.jpg

Sea View Pool

IMG_2804.jpg

Hand Washing Machine in Buffet

IMG_2810.jpg

Heated Chairs in Spa

IMG_2820.jpg

Lido Pool

IMG_2825.jpg

Hot tubs at Lido PoolIMG_2827.jpg

Panorama Bar

IMG_2828.jpg

World Stage

IMG_2878.jpg

Crow's Nest

IMG_2889.jpg

Cabanas for rent

IMG_2897.jpg

Buffet

IMG_2906.jpg

Sitting areas along the deck above Lido

IMG_2923.jpg

World Stage

IMG_2925.jpg

Tamarind

IMG_2671.jpg

Tamarind Entrance

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

See through step

IMG_2700.jpg

Rack under TV

IMG_2941.jpg

Balconies below ours...part is uncovered and part is covered

IMG_2727_1.jpg

BB King's Female Singer

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

Gym

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

Outlets

IMG_3427.jpg

These were at both nightstands

IMG_3430.jpg

Box Sets in the World Stage

IMG_2993_1.jpg

• Like 2

That's it, folks.  My suggestions are to try everything, eat everything, do as much as you can or nothing at all, don't be concerned about a spot on the carpet and just enjoy the new home you've chosen for the next 11 days!

IMG_3490.jpg

Edited by Terre
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1