O3b VOOM on Adventure of the Seas 03b

26 minutes ago, JohnMay said:

Thanks!  Do you know if they block any ports?

Ironically certain rccl.com web domains don't resolve on Voom.  Getting luggage tags for future cruises, following the Royal UP URLs, etc.  You need to use a VPN service to access these sites.  Not all VPN services work over satellite.  

• Thanks 1

I routinely use Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN to my home plus I subscribe to a service that offers both SSL and IPSEC based VPN.  Their SSL service doesn't work on a ship over satellite but their IPSEC service to the same gateways does.  I've never tried NordVPN.

• Thanks 1

So, just to be sure, are VPNs the only thing they're blocking?  I use some server admin apps through weird ports and want to be sure they'll work on the cruise.

Thanks for everyone's help in trying to decide if I even want to risk this - thought we had booked on an O3b ship...

3 minutes ago, JohnMay said:

So, just to be sure, are VPNs the only thing they're blocking?  I use some server admin apps through weird ports and want to be sure they'll work on the cruise.

Thanks for everyone's help in trying to decide if I even want to risk this - thought we had booked on an O3b ship...

Can't tell you for sure if VPNs are the only ports being blocked. Unfortunately, you won't know until you are onboard as RC does not publish those kinds of detailed specs for their intenret service.