Kudos to Princess!

Daniel A

15 hours ago, Casey12 said:

You do have to pay for a medical visit to have shore excursions' costs waived. You can be throwing up in front of the shore excursion desk and they will not waive it with out you visiting the medical center. They will not take your word for it. I would be more impressed if they would take your word on being sick. Especially considering the profit they make off of the shore excursions.

From personnal experience we fully agree with this.

17 hours ago, Casey12 said:

You do have to pay for a medical visit to have shore excursions' costs waived. You can be throwing up in front of the shore excursion desk and they will not waive it with out you visiting the medical center. They will not take your word for it.

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

From personnal experience we fully agree with this.

Understood.  My question for you is : "Is there any organization that will compensate you for financial loss due to illness without documentation of the illness?"

My point was that it was unexpected that Princess handled our losses so efficiently.  I make no other claim about other peoples experiences.  Princess treated us very well.

• Like 1

I can't recall many specific examples, but mostly an overall feeling of exceptional service from Princess.

We've cruised 4 times with Princess and once with Disney (which was our last cruise). I had heard over and over how "phenomenal" Disney is, and while it was nice, both my husband and I couldn't help but compare it to Princess. And in almost every respect, Princess was either better or tied with Disney. But the service especially stood out. The service on Disney was nice, but just felt so lacking compared to Princess.

On Princess we've always felt like the crew genuinely wanted us to be happy. So many special little touches, or just the general upbeat and can-do attitude of the crew. On Disney we felt like they gave the service they had to, and not anything more. We were often shot down for simple requests, and in a cold sort of manner. Whereas on Princess they always at least tried, or offered apologies if they couldn't do it. For instance, I usually like to order a bowl of mixed berries in the MDR for breakfast. On Princess it was only ever denied once -- on the last day of a 10 day cruise, because they didn't have any more. But the waiter checked, and offered an explanation, and I was perfectly happy with that! On Disney a simple request like that got met with a cold "no". No attempt to check, no apology, no explanation. 

Or on our first Princess cruise we ate at Sterlings, but there was an appetizer on the MDR menu I really wanted to try. I asked our waiter about it, fully expecting to be told "no", and was so pleasantly surprised when he sent off to get it for us! 

Or just the overall friendliness of the cabin stewards. The woman on Disney seemed almost unhappy, though polite and pleasant enough. No personality, no connection, she just seemed to want to do her job and no more. She did her job fine, and that's all we could really ask for. But compared to the very friendly service we've always had from our Princess stewards, it stuck out. It made me wonder if she was being treated more poorly than the stewards on Princess, and that made her have less gusto for her job. 

Our experience on Disney actually made us eager to book another cruise on Princess (we're going in July), and we can't wait to experience that same top-notch customer service we've always enjoyed on Princess!

Edited by Dani24
  • Like 2

I took a Princess sponsored whale-watching excursion out of Santa Barbara several years ago.  One of those that guarantees whale sightings or your money back.  Actually what they do is give you a voucher worth the cost for a future trip.

I got terribly sea-sick, my head in a garbage can sick.  I went on deck for the fresh sea air.  The little boat was going really fast and hit a wave.  Water crashed over the bow and I got pretty soaked.  I would have found it extremely funny if I hadn't felt so bad.  And, of course, no whales.

They handed the vouchers out to everyone as they got off the boat.  I didn't take one.  Didn't care about anything at that point but getting back to my cabin.

Anyway, when I got my itemized bill at the end of the cruise I noticed that Princess had refunded me the cost of excursion without my asking.  I had bought the tickets at the excursion desk and the same fellow working there was also on the pier.  The only possible way they could have known which sea-sick woman was in what cabin was that he remembered me. 

I thought it was so thoughtful of him to take the time to seek me out.   

• Like 3

Just now, camper49 said:

I was hoping to see kudos to Princess for returning the barrel chairs 😀

And I always hope to see a thread that doesn't mention barrel chairs.  Looks like neither of us will get our wish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

And I always hope to see a thread that doesn't mention barrel chairs.  Looks like neither of us will get our wish.

I'm so sick of the barrel chair thing that I might get triggered if I *do* see one in my cabin! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2