Game of Thrones on Brilliance this weekend

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree.  We used to have TCM on in the background while getting ready, and both that and TNT are gone.   Now we only turn on the TV to check our onboard account.

Same here.  And no CD player either, as it would be nice to take some of our soft jazz CDs along to listen to when we get ready.  Of course on the older ships (like Vision class) you can't even check your onboard account on TV.  

3 hours ago, dpostman said:

Spending 1 hour watching a TV show out of a 7 day cruise is no worse than spending hours of the day smoking and sitting in front of a slot machine dishing out cash to the RCI fund.

Whatever someone likes to do for fun on a cruise should be entirely up to them and judgement free.  I'd rather go for a root canal than sit and play bingo on a ship, but they still have lots of participants and they are more than welcome to play.  As long as they don't force me to play... I see problem.

dp

Doesn’t anyone DVR?

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Doesn’t anyone DVR?

Don’t have to. If you have HBO,  you’ve got access to on demand. I’m just going to wait until I get back home. I hope I don’t hear someone spoil the ending.

We are going to be on Anthem for the finale - I'm bringing an iPad with an HDMI adapter just for GoT.. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't work, but I will probably end up sleeping on the pool deck Sunday night if a certain someone sharing a cabin with me can't see the finale when it happens!

15 hours ago, dpostman said:

Spending 1 hour watching a TV show out of a 7 day cruise is no worse than spending hours of the day smoking and sitting in front of a slot machine dishing out cash to the RCI fund.

Whatever someone likes to do for fun on a cruise should be entirely up to them and judgement free.  I'd rather go for a root canal than sit and play bingo on a ship, but they still have lots of participants and they are more than welcome to play.  As long as they don't force me to play... I see problem.

dp

oops, I meant to say: I don't see a problem.

sorry

dp

23 hours ago, dpostman said:

dp

Yes i agree , our cruise is after GOT final so we don't have that problem , but was thinking about taking a usb memory with maybe some series on it , probably will not be watched, but from what i am reading we can't get to input to beable to use it  , we will be on Seranade , i have seen apps that are supposed to work as remotes no idea if they work.

I love John's PPV idea.  They can't very well show GOT in a public space due to violence/nudity (even if they worked a deal with HBO).  I'd gladly pay to watch it on the big screen in the main theater though.

Edit: With the appropriate warning signs outside the theater of course, before someone points out that the theater is a public space.

Edited by bobmacliberty

On 4/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, jean87510 said:

I was on a cruise for episode 1 this season and watched it the next morning after I downloaded it. Granted it was the Caribbean but it can be done. Just not live if you can live with waiting a few hours. 

I agree with previous poster. OP was asking if they show it at all on the ship and of course the usual comments about turning off tv, internet...🙄.  Some people are entertained by playing trivia or watching how long someone abandons their chair at the pool or evaluating the dress code in the MDR.  I'd much rather watch GOT. 

I have also watched TV shows and movies via comcast streaming on a few transatlantics but I had voom surf and stream. 

HBO shows are available for streaming at the same time they air live on HBO. So you can watch GOT live if you want to. 

1 hour ago, TravisP said:

HBO shows are available for streaming at the same time they air live on HBO. So you can watch GOT live if you want to. 

Technically you are right... but practically, on a ship  WiFi system, so many people onboard will be trying to stream GOT at the same time, I'm predicting the buffering will make it too frustrating, but the next day or so will be probably less congested and much more tolerable... probably...possibly...😣

I'm assuming the HBO go app does not allow downloading to device like the Netflix App does?   That would solve many issues and I did not see it mentioned, so that's why I assume it doesn't.

dp

Edited by dpostman

4 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Technically you are right... but practically, on a ship  WiFi system, so many people onboard will be trying to stream GOT at the same time, I'm predicting the buffering will make it too frustrating, but the next day or so will be probably less congested and much more tolerable... probably...possibly...😣

dp

The other week we were on HOTS for the season premier. I knew I was not going to watch it that night. Usually too much going on at night on the ship. We had already planned on watching it the next morning instead. We had some friends come over to our room the next morning to watch it with us. 

I enjoyed having the firestick with me on the cruise. My wife likes to sleep in later than I do. So I would watch some Netflix in the mornings before she would get up.