Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Looks like a water feature runs all the way up into the "boardwalk" area. Maybe a lazy river or something like it?

That looks to me more so floor design choice than lazy river, but I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

58927995_Screenshot_20221017-1119222.thumb.png.2ad144a69c725b6519967affc1ba9b41.png

I think some have got this wrong saying its a kids space I think its adult. If you have kids and you are on the top deck with some slides, waterzone all together that works, also I doubt they would put this zone right next to some top suites that just won't work.

Also having to go up to flowrider etc. for those early teen kids whilst you are down there doesn't work either. So I suspect there will be a flowrider on the top, kids zone, slides all in the same vicinity and this will actually be more adult related zone. We shall see. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

I think some have got this wrong saying its a kids space I think its adult. If you have kids and you are on the top deck with some slides, waterzone all together that works, also I doubt they would put this zone right next to some top suites that just won't work.

Also having to go up to flowrider etc. for those early teen kids whilst you are down there doesn't work either. So I suspect there will be a flowrider on the top, kids zone, slides all in the same vicinity and this will actually be more adult related zone. We shall see. 

Doh scratch all of that - when you look in the 3D image you can see some of the waterzone kids stuff so they have indeed put it down there. Anyone with any young and old kids get prepared to do a fair bit of walking and trips up and down the lifts...!!

• Like 2

They are calling it an infinite deep pool on the plans.

And there is a splash area right behind it.

(There is a post or two about this a few pages back. 🙂 )

1468155071_infinitedeeppool.thumb.jpg.213002d0e8869cb72d310780d3876db4.jpg

Also, there is a shallow pool on the stern edge of deck15. Correct @Lloyd555 ?

498736421_anotheredgepool.thumb.jpg.0b922ff0144e0c02e4f1cd7012731a0c.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

They are calling it an infinite deep pool on the plans.

And there is a splash area right behind it.

(There is a post or two about this a few pages back. 🙂 )

1468155071_infinitedeeppool.thumb.jpg.213002d0e8869cb72d310780d3876db4.jpg

Also, there is a shallow pool on the stern edge of deck15. Correct @Lloyd555 ?

I believe that they are making the Boardwalk more family oriented. They have moved some of the kid  things down here. There is a playground & leisure aera, the Splashaway Bay, a slide (but adults can use that too 🙂 ), carousel, etc.

And yes to the deck 15 question, 🙂

• Like 2

Oh it appears a moderator or a glitch in the matrix has occurred as my previous post seems to have been removed. 

For those that didn't see the photo its here on the 3d image embedded within the Icon launch page. If I"m not meant to be posting in then someone should have the curtesy to say so. 

Image 18-10-2022 at 13.41.png

Edited by scooby1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

I believe that they are making the Boardwalk more family oriented. They have moved some of the kid  things down here. There is a playground & leisure aera, the Splashaway Bay, a slide (but adults can use that too 🙂 ), carousel, etc.

And yes to the deck 15 question, 🙂

and removed the aqua show which I think is a good idea since weather can cancel shows.  There will be 6 Oasis ships eventually which is plenty of shows

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and removed the aqua show which I think is a good idea since weather can cancel shows.  There will be 6 Oasis ships eventually which is plenty of shows

They didn't remove the Aqua show, they just moved the Aqua theater to the front of the ship under the dome.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrapps said:

You can see it in this photo from a few pages back...

image.png.88ab0eab2dc87ec2d37068b4a3071fb7.png

yes I found it.  at least it is not near that bow which is what I thought you meant.  seems like an odd place for a lot of water that could leak into the ship.

Me thinks this ship might just be a bit odd once we hear about her.   

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I found it.  at least it is not near that bow which is what I thought you meant.  seems like an odd place for a lot of water that could leak into the ship.

Me thinks this ship might just be a bit odd once we hear about her.   

I can't imagine it has any larger chance of leaking than the pools/flowriders/waterslides you normally se on the top deck.

What I am waiting to see is how the Solarium fits in with this. It is rumored to be a dual-purpose area but from that photo there really isnt much space in front of the aqua theater for a solarium.

1.5 days and then we will know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scooby1 said:

Oh it appears a moderator or a glitch in the matrix has occurred as my previous post seems to have been removed. 

For those that didn't see the photo its here on the 3d image embedded within the Icon launch page. If I"m not meant to be posting in then someone should have the curtesy to say so. 

Screenshot_2022-10-18-21-34-51-351_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooby1 said:

Thanks for these images. Appreciate them very much. 😄

• Like 1