Chef's Table on Radiance dress code?

jdg623

We're doing our first Alaska cruise on the Radiance next month. We are thinking of trying the Chef's Table, which would also be a first for us. I know in general Alaska cruises are more casual, even on formal nights, but wondering if Chef's Table has a stricter dress code. DH would prefer not to pack his suit, so would a dressy collared shirt and tie be enough? Also, while I'm asking, has anyone done the Chef's Table and is it worth it?

Royal does not enforce dress suggestions, so you will see a wide variety of attire.  Wear whatever you like.

If the cost is around $95, that would not be worth it to us.  A large part of the dinner enjoyment are the wine pairings, and if you don't enjoy a variety of wines, then I'd skip it.

Here is our pic from the Chef's Table on Adventure of the Seas in 2017. No suits just nice slacks and shirts for the guys and dresses or slacks for the girls. We had a blast and the food and wine was excellent. Looking forward to doing the Chef's Table again on our October cruise on Harmony.

IMG_3335.JPG

Thanks everyone, truly appreciate the input. We do enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile😉 , and it sure looks like y'all were having a great time!  We have OBC to use so won't be making a decision till we get onboard, but since we don't have to worry about getting too dressed up, this looks like it could be a good option for us.

11 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Thanks everyone, truly appreciate the input. We do enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile😉 , and it sure looks like y'all were having a great time!  We have OBC to use so won't be making a decision till we get onboard, but since we don't have to worry about getting too dressed up, this looks like it could be a good option for us.

Don't be afraid of haggling about the price, especially right when you board.  They approached us and offered a discount, and we were able to haggle that down to 50%.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Don't be afraid of haggling about the price, especially right when you board.  They approached us and offered a discount, and we were able to haggle that down to 50%.

Thanks, Bob - my husband's the negotiator in the family, and he does love a challenge 😄

I wore a shirt and tie (no jacket) recently on Oasis, most were dressed that way.  I think the $95 was well worth it, I absolutely loved it.  Such a great social experience as well....1 woman at the table went to the same high school as my wife and I, and another gentleman's parents live in my town!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the Radiance and wanted to let y'all know that we had a fabulous time at the Chef's Table! We did haggle and got a great price, went on formal night but none of us was super dressed up, I wore a pantsuit, DH had shirt/tie; there were a couple of guys with jackets. It was held in a gorgeous private room off the Colony Club, and the food/service was absolutely amazing. Totally worth every penny. Thanks to all for your suggestions! It's definitely something we'll consider for future cruises.