Aqua class showers on SUMMIT

Treacher1

Someone posted a picture of the shower in the revolutionized SUMMIT.  In Aqua class, previously, the showers were amazing with if I remember a total of 6 varied jets.  The picture looked like just a regular hand held shower - has anyone been on SUMMIT Aqua Class since revolutionized - does Aqua class still have those amazing showers with several jets???  Thanks for any information or a pic - I can't remember where I saw the pic or I would have posted it. 

• Like 1

I believe the AquaClass showers--and baths--have been/are being replaced on Millennium and Solstice class ships as part of the "revolution" process.  If they are like those on Edge, you will likely find that...

• The baths, showers, sinks are larger.  Storage is better,  There is a true electrical outlet in the bath.  The glass shower enclosures do a far better job of preventing water from leaking on the bath floor [design already varied between Millennium and Solstice class but the problem was common].
  • On Edge, there is a very nice stationary rain shower overhead with a hand-held option.  Shower jets are available but, as I recall, they cannot be used in tandem with either the overhead or hand held showers.  Fixtures are high-end/high quality.
  • After 239 nights [17 cruises] in AquaClass before sailing Edge last month---I'll be back aboard for the Transatlantic on Sunday--I liked the shower and bath redesign [though I liked the prior configurations too],

Have never personally had a problem with water pressure on a Celebrity ship.  In the unusual case when the panel-mounted jets seemed sluggish,  I found that either [a] guests had attempted to adjust them beyond their directional capability and they'd not been reset, and/or , the jets had some calcium buildup that diminished water flow.

Just now, Xport said:

I believe the AquaClass showers--and baths--have been/are being replaced on Millennium and Solstice class ships as part of the "revolution" process.  If they are like those on Edge, you will likely find that...

• The baths, showers, sinks are larger.  Storage is better,  There is a true electrical outlet in the bath.  The glass shower enclosures do a far better job of preventing water from leaking on the bath floor [design already varied between Millennium and Solstice class but the problem was common].
  • On Edge, there is a very nice stationary rain shower overhead with a hand-held option.  Shower jets are available but, as I recall, they cannot be used in tandem with either the overhead or hand held showers.  Fixtures are high-end/high quality.
  • After 239 nights [17 cruises] in AquaClass before sailing Edge last month---I'll be back aboard for the Transatlantic on Sunday--I liked the shower and bath redesign [though I liked the prior configurations too],

Have never personally had a problem with water pressure on a Celebrity ship.  In the unusual case when the panel-mounted jets seemed sluggish,  I found that either [a] guests had attempted to adjust them beyond their directional capability and they'd not been reset, and/or , the jets had some calcium buildup that diminished water flow.

Hi Xport - The picture I saw was of a bathroom in the new Aqua class cabins installed where the men's locker room/sauna used to be. I believe those are smaller cabins, with a single shower head, and not representative of the rest of the Aquas on the ship. I have been on Edge and also like the new bath design. However, they will not be changing the balcony size on M or S class, so there isn't the room to recreate the Edge bathroom on either class of ship. On Edge, they took space from the veranda to have space for the bath.

Here is the shower in AQ.. it was "ok" …. not like the ones on Solstice Class at all.... I think CEL is just downgrading! I was in an S1 on Edge and the shower was terrible...………… 

You can see a lot of pics from the new SM in my album...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/interliner/photos/?tab=album&album_id=414815375995112

SM AQ Shower.jpg

32 minutes ago, twodjs said:

On Edge in Aqua we had a large rain shower head with body jets in front on a chrome panel with multiple spray options and a hand-held sprayer. Nothing like the picture above.

As did we.

hcat, our room attendant did give us a demo of the shower when he came and to introduce himself on April 7th.

38 minutes ago, twodjs said:

On Edge in Aqua we had a large rain shower head with body jets in front on a chrome panel with multiple spray options and a hand-held sprayer. Nothing like the picture above.

Agree we had the same shower in AQ on the Edge.  I hate a rain shower head and the handheld sprayer had such a short line that it wouldn’t even reach to my shoulder & I’m 5’6”.

17 hours ago, twodjs said:

Well I guess I didnt' pay much attention..even though I do have a photo in my EDGE AQ class review..It was diff from S Class, as I  recall  they made a point in the literature saying it was a new brand. I recall that I like the shower and the AQ class bathroom very much.

We had no instruction card or demonstration ...which is required to avoid being scalded.  We don't need body jets but a strong spray and good temp.

Edited by hcat

See post  number 21...for pics,  I now recall the square handle controls and see that is not the same as the Summit pic.

Dh remembers spray jets on EDGE...obviously I did not engage them,  just like I did not on S Class.  On S class I thought the spray jets were harsh..

Edited by hcat

On 4/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, Treacher1 said:

Someone posted a picture of the shower in the revolutionized SUMMIT.  In Aqua class, previously, the showers were amazing with if I remember a total of 6 varied jets.  The picture looked like just a regular hand held shower - has anyone been on SUMMIT Aqua Class since revolutionized - does Aqua class still have those amazing showers with several jets???  Thanks for any information or a pic - I can't remember where I saw the pic or I would have posted it. 

It does appears the lovely rain shower "perk" on the Summit Aqua Class went with the revolution.  I say boo to Celebrity for that. But they have installed a salt room in the Persian Gardens (not quite a fair trade) but I'm a glass half full kind of gal, so I'll take it.  It's vacation, so I try not to sweat the small stuff.

We won't be in AQ class on our  2020 Summit cruise so we'll  adjust to whatever is there. Same for our  bookings on  EDGE and APEX..both in  Sunset Veranda staterooms. If it' clean..no mildew and functional, it'll be fine. If we buy a spa pass,  they have nice showers there..

• Like 1