Changing guests after final payment

sail57

The words in the cruise contract allow O to do anything from say OK to consider any changes a cancellation.

Typically, If you change both names -- this is considered a cancellation.  One name can be done, but depending if air was requested or final documents sent, may require administrative fees. 

" Changes to a reservation after deposit and/or full payment, and prior to issuance of travel documents may result in assessment of administrative fees and service charges. Administrative fees and service charges will vary and are based on the type of change to Your Cruise departure, itinerary, package or air supplement. Guests are responsible for any additional costs incurred as a result of these changes. Some changes, including name changes, may also be considered cancellations and applicable fees will be assessed"

Edited by PaulMCO

10 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

The words in the cruise contract allow O to do anything from say OK to consider any changes a cancellation.

Typically, If you change both names -- this is considered a cancellation.  One name can be done, but depending if air was requested or final documents sent, may require administrative fees. 

" Changes to a reservation after deposit and/or full payment, and prior to issuance of travel documents may result in assessment of administrative fees and service charges. Administrative fees and service charges will vary and are based on the type of change to Your Cruise departure, itinerary, package or air supplement. Guests are responsible for any additional costs incurred as a result of these changes. Some changes, including name changes, may also be considered cancellations and applicable fees will be assessed"

Yes... if you have air tickets issued in your name  they can not be changed  only cancelled.

39 minutes ago, azam71209 said:

When my husband passed away, I had no trouble making a change to my sister to go on the cruise with me. It might depend on the reason. Also, might depend on having a good TA.

Mary

Was it after final payment (which is OP’s question)?

That might make a difference.

Oceania never disappoints.

My TA said changes are not usually allowed but of course she would ask and Oceania said yes!

We had arranged our own flights so this was only for the cruise.