Sunrise (old Triumph) Sails Today! Can't wait to see pictures!

ksmcdonald

On 5/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, emdia43 said:

A poster on another board said that Maureen is on Sunrise, so that should be worth reading about when she gets home...   

On 5/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, RRLLAL said:

Who is Maureen? 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:48 PM, emdia43 said:

Maureencruiser has written some of the funniest reviews on these boards! She mainly cruises MSC and RCCL, but MrFunIntheSun  (Allure review on RCCL Board) says she is now on the Sunrise, so I hope she does a review.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, RRLLAL said:

Gotcha. Thanks.

You know... Maureen.

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, shof515 said:

no pool. a very small hot tub

Capture.PNG

This Serenity deck is the worst I’ve seen. It’s very small with few loungers. No where to cool off on deck. The bar was hidden in a small cubby like area. You could not walk all the way around. It was very disappointing, as we have enjoyed Serenity on Sunshine and Pride.

22 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

Lol Melissa, it's an awesome coincidence that we're in the exact same cabin right after you. It still has that New Car smell 😉 hope you enjoyed it as much as we are...

Great pics!!  Take good care of that cabin, my daughter will be there in 5 days.  Hope you're having a wonderful cruise!

5 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Oops one more thing, I'm not able to view your vide, it's just a blank screen, is there something I need to have on my pc in order to view videos on Cruise Critic?  

Nope no video - that was a weird mistake 🙂

8 hours ago, newpherchris said:

Lol Melissa, it's an awesome coincidence that we're in the exact same cabin right after you. It still has that New Car smell 😉 hope you enjoyed it as much as we are...

We loved this cabin!  Say "hello" to Larsen the cabin steward for me.  He's a fantastic steward.

9 hours ago, mompells said:

Beautiful photos! Looking forward to some more!  Thanks!

Thanks! I'll be posting a lot more pictures to a shared cloud folder once we disembark. I was never on the Triumph so I can't make a true comparison, but I don't see much on the ship that looks untouched. Most of the ship feels brand new. I especially like the back pool, which they've softened with (fake) plants. I'm guessing the artwork in staircases was existing, and that the atrium only for a minor facelift. (Definitely less drastic than Sunshine's atrium.)

34 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

Thanks! I'll be posting a lot more pictures to a shared cloud folder once we disembark. I was never on the Triumph so I can't make a true comparison, but I don't see much on the ship that looks untouched. Most of the ship feels brand new. I especially like the back pool, which they've softened with (fake) plants. I'm guessing the artwork in staircases was existing, and that the atrium only for a minor facelift. (Definitely less drastic than Sunshine's atrium.)

thank you for your amazing pictures so far... really excited to be going on the ship this month 🙂 

1 hour ago, vegasgal47 said:

Thanks for the photos!  What category/type was this cabin?  

Its a Panoramic Oceanview room.  There are a few on the 9th deck in front of ship.  The two on the sides are triangular like the photo and the others are the more standard width with the floor to ceiling windows.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, mredandchis said:

Wont the Sunrise be the same as the Sunshine as they are sister ships?

No, the Serenity on the Sunshine is 3 levels forward with a round pool on deck 11, a waterfall that falls into the pool on deck 12, and a hot tub and bar on deck 14.

The Serenity on the Sunrise is forward on decks 12 and 14 with the hot tub on 11.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, beacha said:

This Serenity deck is the worst I’ve seen. It’s very small with few loungers. No where to cool off on deck. The bar was hidden in a small cubby like area. You could not walk all the way around. It was very disappointing, as we have enjoyed Serenity on Sunshine and Pride.

I would be disappointed as well after sailing on the Sunshine twice now.  Serenity on Sunshine is the best!

• Like 1