Sunrise (old Triumph) Sails Today! Can't wait to see pictures!

ksmcdonald

1 minute ago, CheckersMidwest said:

I thought it was bad luck to rename ships.

For Carnival, it seems to be good luck as they can promote and advertise the ship as BRAND NEW or NEW SHIP

This is the 2nd ship Carnival renamed, and next year will be the 3rd when the Victory changes to the Radiance 

We'll be on the Sunrise sailing May 12th with our daughter and her family.  They're staying in one of the 2 new Scenic  Grand Ocean view cabins and would love to see some pics of the new cabins if anyone here on CC will be in one the next 2 sailings.

I'll be sure to post some pics and a review when we return.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

We'll be on the Sunrise sailing May 12th with our daughter and her family.  They're staying in one of the 2 new Scenic  Grand Ocean view cabins and would love to see some pics of the new cabins if anyone here on CC will be in one the next 2 sailings.

Your daughter will be our neighbor, we also sail on May 12th in one of the new Scenic Ocean View Cabins. We're also hoping to see some pictures before we sail.

1 hour ago, webecruzin2 said:

Hi There! We happen to have Grand Scenic cabin 9201 booked for May 6. It would be an awesome coincidence if we had the same cabin the week before you. I don't know about you, but we booked it literally the instant it became available - the day it was rumored to go live, we kept refreshing Carnival's website until it showed up (for hours!) :-P. 

I'll try to take a few pics and post them before it sails away. For what it's worth, we were the second sailing to have the exact same cabin when they added it to the Splendor a couple of years ago. Here's a link to some pics we took; the cabin should be similar or exact.  Carnival Splendor 9201

Enjoy your cruise 🙂

- Chris

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

Hi There! We happen to have Grand Scenic cabin 9201 booked for May 6. It would be an awesome coincidence if we had the same cabin the week before you. I don't know about you, but we booked it literally the instant it became available - the day it was rumored to go live, we kept refreshing Carnival's website until it showed up (for hours!) :-P. 

I'll try to take a few pics and post them before it sails away. For what it's worth, we were the second sailing to have the exact same cabin when they added it to the Splendor a couple of years ago. Here's a link to some pics we took; the cabin should be similar or exact.  Carnival Splendor 9201

Enjoy your cruise 🙂

- Chris

Would you believe we’re booked in that cabin next summer? I’m also very interested in photos.  We’re sailing this summer too, so I’ll probably go be nosy that trip and see for myself. 🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newpherchris said:

Enjoy your cruise 🙂

- Chris

Wow what a coincidence!  I don't know if my daughter would want me to divulge her cabin number here,  but when I booked this Carnival was having a sale, I just grabbed a good deal on an o/s and was very happy with the cabin after doing more research. 😉  Had no idea they were in such high demand when I booked it, guess we just got lucky.
This will only be our 2nd Carnival cruise. We sailed from Norfolk in 2015 on the Splendor and were very happy with the whole experience.   We had one of those L shaped balcony cabins on that one and we loved it, but took an aft this time since the L shaped were sold out.  
I'll be sure to take a look at your pics from the Splendor and hope to see more pics from the Sunrise too.
You have a great cruise, too  and take good care of that awesome cabin for us okay? 😁

2 hours ago, mdaviswv said:

Would you believe we’re booked in that cabin next summer? I’m also very interested in photos.  We’re sailing this summer too, so I’ll probably go be nosy that trip and see for myself. 🙂 

4 hours ago, kayk111 said:

Your daughter will be our neighbor, we also sail on May 12th in one of the new Scenic Ocean View Cabins. We're also hoping to see some pictures before we sail.

Wow these a very popular cabins!  😀 

2 hours ago, footballbabe3 said:

Can’t wait we will be on her May 23. Whoop whoop.  This is apparently the day the are having the naming ceremony. 

We're on this 4 nigher to Bermuda too.   The ship's first cruise out of NYC!    Woohoo.   Loved Guy's Pig & Anchor on Horizon.  Lunch on sea days .   Even a short cruise is better than no cruise!   😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

A friend of mine has been sending me pictures and the ship looks incredible. Cannot wait to see it in person on June 24.

well...…….………………….post them here.

please. 😀

• Like 4