Disembarking in Bermuda

oLEEander

Trying to work out logistics for a private excursion at 11:15 in Hamilton. So does the  Escape have forward and aft  disembarking stations once in port.? How early have they started disembarking? How bad have the ferry and or bus lines been lately?  I  know how chaotic it was on the jewel class at times and I can only imagine how bad it could be with nearly 2,000 more passengers. I searched in ports of call Bermuda but couldn’t find any answers to these questions.

The bottle neck is going through the terminal building. And, periodically the local officials are doing bag searches (only really seen that on first day of arrival in the morning). We have never tired to get off right when the ship pulls into dock, so I can’t answer your question directly.  

just got off the pearl, was in bermuda overnight about a week ago, pearl had 2 ways to get off the ship, we just walked off no problem, then walked to the bonefish restaurant, behind the restaurant (and down about half a block) is the public bus stop, or you can take a ferry, (the ferry is right as you come out of the dock area)  We did not have any buildings or officials to deal with.  so I dunno, it was easy for us.

Yes, have forward and aft to get off at Bermuda on the Escape. Once off, you need to go through the terminal building. Last time I was there, it was easy as I got off early as I wanted to catch the first NCL free ferry to St. George. Going to Hamilton, make sure you look up the schedule to see when the first ferry start in order to give yourself some time before the 11:15 excursion. If it was me, I would catch the earliest one or the next one before 11:15 am. Even if you arrived early to Hamilton, you can walk around. Ferry would the best option, then probably a taxis/cab. Buses - last time I heard, these were not on time and were broken down very often.

2 hours ago, Newleno said:

just got off the pearl, was in bermuda overnight about a week ago, pearl had 2 ways to get off the ship, we just walked off no problem, then walked to the bonefish restaurant, behind the restaurant (and down about half a block) is the public bus stop, or you can take a ferry, (the ferry is right as you come out of the dock area)  We did not have any buildings or officials to deal with.  so I dunno, it was easy for us.

Just so everyone knows, starting a couple of days ago the buses no longer stop there. The #'s 7 and 8 end (and start) their routes at the Clock Tower Mall, which is a bit longer walk from the ship.

http://www.royalgazette.com/news/article/20190423/bus-stop-changes-in-dockyard

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Just so everyone knows, starting a couple of days ago the buses no longer stop there. The #'s 7 and 8 end (and start) their routes at the Clock Tower Mall, which is a bit longer walk from the ship.

http://www.royalgazette.com/news/article/20190423/bus-stop-changes-in-dockyard

Sounds like you are the expert on bermuda, is there always an issue with the Portuguese man of war at horseshoe bay beach?  (i mean they were all over the place) Seasonal?  thanks

24 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Sounds like you are the expert on bermuda, is there always an issue with the Portuguese man of war at horseshoe bay beach?  (i mean they were all over the place) Seasonal?  thanks

At this time of the year it's very common for Portuguese man o war to wash up onto the beach. They go where the winds and ocean currents take them and about now conditions are often favorable for them to get beached in Bermuda. Usually it's a very short term problem so they're not much of an issue in the height of the tourist season.

Starting tomorrow, May 1, lifeguards should be on duty daily at Horseshoe Bay for the season and they're very vigilant about watching out for them and removing them from the beach.