Ovation of the Seas - Alaskan Cruise - tips and tricks needed!

I have been on multiple royal Caribbean ships and this is my first time on the ovation of the seas. My partner and I are going to experience the Alaskan cruise for the first time and we are super excited. We’re really looking for anybody who’s been on it before to show us or give us tips and tricks for the inns and outs of Alaska. Looking for behind-the-scenes experiences when we get in Alaska and  things that are usually not offered by the ship. Anyone  have any tips and tricks on locals to reach out to so show us what Alaska truly has to offer? 

54 minutes ago, D9115b said:

I have been on multiple royal Caribbean ships and this is my first time on the ovation of the seas. My partner and I are going to experience the Alaskan cruise for the first time and we are super excited. We’re really looking for anybody who’s been on it before to show us or give us tips and tricks for the inns and outs of Alaska. Looking for behind-the-scenes experiences when we get in Alaska and  things that are usually not offered by the ship. Anyone  have any tips and tricks on locals to reach out to so show us what Alaska truly has to offer? 

I’m in the same boat (pun intended). We’re sailing the Ovation in September. I’m looking forward to trip reviews of those sailing up to Alaska before me. I think this is the Ovation’s first time to North America, and the cruise experience will be so much different than in Australia and Asia. 

As for Alaska itself, I’d go to the Alaska Port-of-Call forums here in CC. There is a wealth of information there. Including previous trip reviews. None from the Ovation yet. 

Just curious, when is your cruise?  Ours is September 13-20. 

Thank you so much for that tip. I will deff scope it out.  My trip is very soon. May 13!!!!!  I’m a little late to this platform. I just found out about it yesterday!! Lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, D9115b said:

Thank you so much for that tip. I will deff scope it out.  My trip is very soon. May 13!!!!!  I’m a little late to this platform. I just found out about it yesterday!! Lol

Welcome to Cruise Critic.🙂

1 hour ago, D9115b said:

May 13 is the very first time Ovation will sail to Alaska, ever.  Consequently even for those of us who have cruised to Alaska on other ship classes or have cruised other Quantum class ships in other regions,  we will learn a few things on this first ever Quantum class visit to Alaska.  

The role call forum for this May 13 sailing to Alaska can be found here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2482355-ovation-ots-11-nighter-alaska-may-13-2019/

40 minutes ago, bpphoto said:

I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know if the Noodle place has been converted back to Johnny Rocket for the Alaska sailings??? 

Its something else, not a Johnny Rockets.  You can sign up for the RC meet and mingle here

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

There are about 170 of us Cruise critic members signed up. In the RC thread we are make different adventures together. There is an Adventure bound trip to Tracy arm that a few of us are taking from Juneau, that's a private excursion that can be found here  https://www.adventureboundalaska.com/

trach-arm-fjord.png

There may be some  openings in the different private excursions that were organized. Right now some of are trying to guess how late we sail away as there is a 35 minute window that the Ship can use based on the tides and when low tide is at the bridge.

Join the roll call and welcome aboard its getting real close.

Also the ships leg before us is being discussed here

and thats there the info on the late sail away started.

Edited by AlanF65
additoanl information

2 hours ago, bpphoto said:

I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know if the Noodle place has been converted back to Johnny Rocket for the Alaska sailings??? 

No, it’s a no name upcharge ($6 each entree) venue. 

Edited by Biker19