What is the cost of the Sanctuary on Emerald Princess

pj-atsea

I’d appreciate any information about the Sanctuary aboard the Emerald Princess. Does anyone know if you can book it for a day or half day? Or do you have to book for a week?   I’ve seen the video and it looks very nice but they don’t give any other information.  Can you prebook it or only book onboard?  And if anyone has used this service, do you think it was worthwhile doing?  Thank you . 

Edited by pj-atsea

No pre-booking. Go to the Sanctuary when you embark to reserve your lounge(s).

The cost for an entire cruise is $30 per person/per day.  The cost for a day is $40 per person.  The cost for half day (8 am to 12:30 or 1 pm to 5:30) is $20 per person.

We love the Sanctuary on Caribbean cruises and reserve it for the entire cruise (we've been to most of the ports before and sometimes don't even disembark) but have never had any interest in it on itineraries with new ports and/or variable weather.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pj-atsea said:

I’d appreciate any information about the Sanctuary aboard the Emerald Princess. Does anyone know if you can book it for a day or half day? Or do you have to book for a week?   I’ve seen the video and it looks very nice but they don’t give any other information.  Can you prebook it or only book onboard?  And if anyone has used this service, do you think it was worthwhile doing?  Thank you . 

$20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if booked for all days of the cruise.

Can not be pre-booked, only on board. You select your lounge.

On warm weather cruises it fills quickly. Board early and go directly there.

It is a luxury way to sit around and lounge on your reserved lounge chair. No exclusive pool, you have to walk over to the pools, either the Lotus Spa Pool or the main Neptune's Reef Lido deck pool.

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

No pre-booking. Go to the Sanctuary when you embark to reserve your lounge(s).

The cost for an entire cruise is $30 per person/per day.  The cost for a day is $40 per person.  The cost for half day (8 am to 12:30 or 1 pm to 5:30) is $20 per person.

We love the Sanctuary on Caribbean cruises and reserve it for the entire cruise (we've been to most of the ports before and sometimes don't even disembark) but have never had any interest in it on itineraries with new ports and/or variable weather.

where do you go to inquire / book the thermal suites and what is that cost per day ?

The thermal suite is part of the Spa so inquire at their desk.  I don't know the price.  If you are in a full suite it is included on the Emerald Princess (but not the Royal class ships).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

where do you go to inquire / book the thermal suites and what is that cost per day ?

Go to the Spa desk. Believe you have to book access for the entire cruise and there are a limited number of passes available. On the Caribbean Princess, which I think is your next ship, the spa desk is on deck 16 forward. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

Go to the Spa desk. Believe you have to book access for the entire cruise and there are a limited number of passes available. On the Caribbean Princess, which I think is your next ship, the spa desk is on deck 16 forward. 

thanks - yes on CB - and yes , included in our suite - just curious as to the price to see the benefit of this perk

will go to spa shortly after boarding to see what the process is

Edited by voljeep
sp

Thank you for your responses.  We were going to be boarding later in the day so maybe we won’t be able to get it, especially for the sea days. I will definitely try to, as this sounds very much like something I’d like. Pj

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

thanks - yes on CB - and yes , included in our suite - just curious as to the price to see the benefit of this perk

will go to spa shortly after boarding to see what the process is

On 7 night cruises, the Thermal Suite is - generally - $149 per person. Or $250 for a couple.  It goes up on longer cruises 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if you are entitled to use of the Thermal Suite (or anything ?) when booking a spa service (e.g.massage?). Is Thermal Suite only booked by the week?  What is the difference between Sanctuary and Thermal Suite?  First cruise with no kids!  We are sailing Regal Jan 2020

1 hour ago, Familycruzer11 said:

What is the difference between Sanctuary and Thermal Suite?  First cruise with no kids!  We are sailing Regal Jan 2020

Sanctuary is a quiet place (usually at the front of the ship. Loungers, waiters, peace & quiet (no kids), you'll also get some food (AM breakfast rolls, PM afternoon tea IIRC). Outdoors, mostly covered by a shady "roof".

Thermal Suite is hot tubs, heated loungers, steam rooms. No food. Completely indoors.