Luggage tag questions

On 5/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, bestmamabird said:

Yikes!  Someone once once took a piece of my luggage, as well. I was frantic. And then suddenly it reappeared. Thankfully, the absconder discovered their mistake before they left the terminal.

Since just about everyone's luggage is black we place silver duct take with our initial in five sides of each piece of luggage.  It makes it a lot easier to spot ours on the luggage conveyor.

One time I caught someone grabbing one of our bags off the gate check cart and had to chase him down on the way to the jetway.  Unless he had the same last initial and a matching bag with a blue Holland America luggage tag holder it was obviously not his.

I print in B&W, it is my pet peeve that I pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and they can't print my tags for me.    Remember the days you would receive your portfolio with real luggage tags, now there is something I miss.  I do always include my information inside my luggage and I have a separate permanent  luggage tag which has on the outside my phone number and more detailed information in the sleeve away from prying eyes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SWeaster said:

Since just about everyone's luggage is black we place silver duct take with our initial in five sides of each piece of luggage.  It makes it a lot easier to spot ours on the luggage conveyor.

We bought colorful cloth covers for ours.  Very easy to spot and fun too.

• Like 1

Since this thread has been revived,  I do print our tags in colour - hardly a major cost.  @Mary229I do remember the good old days of when we got our packages, tags and info. 😉 

Two cruises ago our steward brought in 5 bags.  No way did we have 5 bags and I asked him to wait and handed him 3 that weren’t ours.

The passengers had made an error on their bags - had gotten tags at the port and wrote on the wrong cabin number.  Pretty sure the owners were found pretty fast based on the thank you note we got 😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We bought colorful cloth covers for ours.  Very easy to spot and fun too.

I use these

image.thumb.png.d3ffa71acd48c3d96bf1b11cf1f48749.png

And these

image.png.90645584ea9b91ded13cef61a9859f7e.png

and these

image.png.b0c9a1cb149fcf7642772aa59438f85d.png

After spending 45 minutes looking for a black suitcase in a pile of black suitcases that didn't get put in the right group areas

A-

• Like 3

I have used the luggage bright colored belts to help pick mine out of the crowd of suitcases.  I had one strap that I used for several years until it broke (the buckle is plastic and that is what broke) Last cruise and flight we had 3 broke on the airline portion of the trip, was really surprised.  I'll still use them as it sure makes it easy to see luggage in a terminal.

Denise