Carnival Hub

redhot77

Yes. the hub app works perfectly fine on the ship. it is free to use. 

Some spots on the ship can have a weak wifi connection that can make the app slow to use.

the only fee is a 5 dollar fee if you want to chat with others

• Like 1

But remember you are limited to just the usage of the app.

Examples

1. Show Schedules 
  2. Port Info 
  3. Food Menus

You can not use it to browse the web, and if you want to use the chat feature, as another has said, it is $5 per device, and only usable to chat with another person on the ship, not on land.

6 minutes ago, Narcussist said:

You can not use it to browse the web, and if you want to use the chat feature, as another has said, it is $5 per device, and only usable to chat with another person on the ship, not on land.

it is possible to browse the web for free but you are limited to carnival website and other carnival related websites 

Yes you can use the hub app for free and it works pretty well now. They keep adding more and more features. It has the Fun Times, weather for the week, food hours and menus, you can use it to book excursions, you can order pizza, and more.

• Like 1

Used it last week on the Vista and found it very reliable.  Having that app made us love Anytime Dining.  You can make your reservation through the app and it tells you when your table is ready.  It even tells you the approx time of your wait.  

• Like 1

I used the ap on the Vista last week.  It worked well allowing me to keep instant check on our folio where I spotted an error minutes after it had posted.  Trip to the guest services took care of the mistake.  I was able to create my own schedule every day instead of seeing the long list of events that day which made it much easier to use.  Each event would come up with the time and location of the event including a ship map.  There is a separate selection of ship maps that you use for any deck on the ship.  We do TD these days having given up on ATD, so I did not use that part.  Thumps up on the ap.  

Edited by satxdiver
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Narcussist said:

But remember you are limited to just the usage of the app.

Examples

1. Show Schedules 
  2. Port Info 
  3. Food Menus

4. Deck plans

5. See your account balance

6. Find food

You can download app and use the cruise countdown clock.  

And the $5 per device is for the entire cruise.  I don't believe it works off the ship.

On Carnival's website, you can see all the things the Hub can do, before and during the cruise.  I recommend downloading it before you get on the ship. 

I think how well it works depends on how good the wifi is on the ship. We were on the Glory in March and the chat feature was spotty, sometimes it would take an hour or so to get a message. It is very hand though because you can see the schedules and the MDR menus.

we had the hub for my 14 and 16 year old and my in-laws . sometimes it worked better than others to send the "text/chat" notifications . generally it worked well for the family of 6.  did not work on HMC. I would suggest it for anyone. you can also see menus for dinner. what shows /activities going on. etc. 

• Weve purchased the Chat feature within the app for our last few cruises. It definitely works better on some ships than on others. We noticed on some ships that although you would send a text to someone, they may not get the message until hours later. However last year on the Breeze the messages seemed to go through instantly with no issues. So the chat feature is definitely hit or miss.  We do love the access to the funtimes on the app as well as the menus and just overall knowing whats going on without having to carry around that piece of paper. I hope they eventually add the Camp Carnvial info. That would be a big help.

1 hour ago, mscreneet said:
  • Weve purchased the Chat feature within the app for our last few cruises. It definitely works better on some ships than on others. We noticed on some ships that although you would send a text to someone, they may not get the message until hours later. However last year on the Breeze the messages seemed to go through instantly with no issues. So the chat feature is definitely hit or miss.  We do love the access to the funtimes on the app as well as the menus and just overall knowing whats going on without having to carry around that piece of paper. I hope they eventually add the Camp Carnvial info. That would be a big help.

This is good to know.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, LuckyStar said:

Used it last week on the Vista and found it very reliable.  Having that app made us love Anytime Dining.  You can make your reservation through the app and it tells you when your table is ready.  It even tells you the approx time of your wait.  

Awesome! I didn't know you could that. Thanks LuckyStar.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, LuckyStar said:

Is this feature available on all ships?  I was wondering if it is available on the Sunrise?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, wenderbender said:

Is this feature available on all ships?  I was wondering if it is available on the Sunrise?

Thanks

Their FAQ's say it's only available on "select ships," but they don't list the ships. With the Sunrise being "new," I would think it's available, but that's just a guess. They recently introduced support for Netflix on the Sunrise, along with Vista & Horizon, so it seems to have the upgraded wifi service that the two newest ships have. That makes me think the Hub app can be used to its fullest potential, too. Again, just a guess. I don't know if a Carnival customer service rep. could answer that question or not. As is often the case, you could get more than one answer from different reps.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, LuckyStar said:

When it alerts you that your table's ready, does it use the phones notifications (sounds/vibration)? Or do you have to check the app to see the alert?

Edited by Organized Chaos

Last April, on the Dream, I ran into problems with scheduling for Trivia and such at the wrong time. Also, the Dinner menus were missing the entre page every day.

So, keep that paper copy of the Fun Times handy!

1 hour ago, future1sttimecruiser said:

Can you pay the $5 fee that will allow texting in advance, or after you board? TIA

The app does not fully work until you board and enter your folio, then buy the chat. We never had hour waits, but we left the app open. My understanding is if you turn off the app, you won't get the messages until you log on again.

10 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Their FAQ's say it's only available on "select ships," but they don't list the ships. With the Sunrise being "new," I would think it's available, but that's just a guess. They recently introduced support for Netflix on the Sunrise, along with Vista & Horizon, so it seems to have the upgraded wifi service that the two newest ships have. That makes me think the Hub app can be used to its fullest potential, too. Again, just a guess. I don't know if a Carnival customer service rep. could answer that question or not. As is often the case, you could get more than one answer from different reps.

When it alerts you that your table's ready, does it use the phones notifications (sounds/vibration)? Or do you have to check the app to see the alert?

Carnival's HUB App

Which ships offer the Carnival HUB App?
All of our ships are HUB App capable.

Where do the features of the App work?
Some features are available before your cruise but more functionalities become available once on board your Carnival ship.

What does the Carnival HUB App do?
The following features are available at the touch of your fingertips, for your entire cruise while on board your Carnival ship.

• What's Happening: A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of onboard events, available for the full cruise as soon as you embark. Includes a 'favorites' feature that also allows guests to see which events their sailing companions will attend.
  • Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options, dining-related events and dining menus, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. On select ships, you can make dining reservations and check-in to Your Time Dining. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board. 
  • Deck Plans: Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.
  • Account Balance: Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.
  • Pixels Photos: On select ships that feature Pixels Digital Photo Gallery, you will be able to view your photos on the app and order digital or print copies.
  • Onboard Chat Access: The opportunity to chat with family & friends on board all cruise long from the comfort of your deck chair (this feature is limited to ages 13 years and older; for safety reasons, parents and guardians must give consent within the app for a guests 12 years and younger to activate onboard chat.) 
  • Pizza Delivery: On select ships, the ability to order pizza for delivery to almost anywhere on board. We deliver to your stateroom as well as your deck chair by the pool! (Fees apply).

59 minutes ago, CoolOne56 said:

Carnival's HUB App

Which ships offer the Carnival HUB App?
All of our ships are HUB App capable.

• Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options, dining-related events and dining menus, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. On select ships, you can make dining reservations and check-in to Your Time Dining. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board. 

I'm not sure why you're showing me the Hub app FAQ page. User wenderbender asked if passengers with Your Time Dining are able to check in through the Hub app on all ships (more specifically the Sunrise). The FAQ's state that all ships are Hub app capable, but that doesn't mean all of its features are available on all ships. The YTD check-in feature is only available on "select ships."

Edited by Organized Chaos

-You definitely cannot check into ATD from the HUB on all ships (yet)

-Pizza is easy to order and worked out really nicely for us on the Dream in Feb ( will report back on Valor in a couple weeks). After you do the order, you can also add a photo of yourself which can be helpful.

- I loved being able to download photos without going to Pixels

- I love the feature where you can mark your favorite activities and then the app reminds you when they are coming up.