Self Serve Laundry Tips

Coffeeluvr05

aaah The Octagon, I know it well!!!!

Don't put your washing in and then not return within 5-10 minutes of the cycle finishing and expect it to be still in the machine when there is a lineup of people patiently waiting!!!

🤼‍♂️

😘

Inflatable hangers are great for drying tops or shirts. Because they inflate to a decent width they stop the front and back of the garment sticking together so it dries quicker. The ones with metal hooks are the best as they can be hooked onto the edge of the air-con vent to get maximum air flow.

I use liquid for my laundry, put in one of those 3 oz. travel bottles.  I have issues with scents so Arm & Hammer Free for me, no extras (sheets, softener, whatever).  I use the dryers but my clothes are basic cotton, washed many times already, I never take anything new on a cruise. 

My dressy clothes I wash when I get home.  I go simple, silky slacks, sparkly tops for formal.  My smart casual tops are gauze, silky, lightweight, I've had good luck sending them out, plus throw a few in the wash, too.  I'm retired, don't have a strong attachment to anything I put in a suitcase!

People do tend to stress over laundry, I don't anymore.  It is just me, I know.  I take long cruises usually, send some things out, for a 30 day cruise I will do one load myself.  I pack for 15 days before I have to do wash.

We use Tide travel liquid packets and dryer sheets.

Pop up laundry basket from Dollar Tree

We buy tokens at the Customer Service Desk -- Token machines in the laundries are a problem.

We are Elite -- laundry takes 2 - 3 days, so we do our own.

When to do laundry ??  Hard to time -- sometimes very busy, sometimes no is around.We also check on other floors.       

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great tips!  I never thought of using my magnetic hooks to create a clothes line!  That is a fantastic idea!  I very well may send out my nicer stuff and just wash socks, undies, hubs t-shirts, shorts, etc.  

I love Thrak's idea of cocktails while doing laundry.  I'm likely going to do that! 

10 hours ago, Wellou2 said:

Do they sell detergent at the laundry or do you have to bring your own?

They have it...but bring your own. It's pricey ($1.50?? each) and there's no selection. One or two detergents and one fab. soft. IIRC (There are pictures of the laundry rooms and accouterments on the net...try Google.

Been a while since I used the laundry room.

• Like 1