Dining Questions

shealea

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

Thanks so much for this thread. My friend Mike is handicapped and requires a lot of medical equipment . Packing a sport coat would be impossible in the little space we have.

So we will each wear a black long sleeved knit shirt and a tie.   That won't take up much space.  I don't mind being dressed up a little bit more for the sake of Chic night.

On board the ship they will provide some equipment (extension leads, shower stool...). There is a form you can fill in on line and a contact phone number for advice and information.

If you are seasoned cruisers, my apologies, you will know more than I do but to me when I cruised whilst temporarily having mobility issues it was really reassuring to know I literally didn’t need to take everything.

6 minutes ago, chemmo said:

On board the ship they will provide some equipment (extension leads, shower stool...). There is a form you can fill in on line and a contact phone number for advice and information.

If you are seasoned cruisers, my apologies, you will know more than I do but to me when I cruised whilst temporarily having mobility issues it was really reassuring to know I literally didn’t need to take everything.

The stuff on the ship won't work for us, so we have been bringing our own.....including a patient lift which cost almost $300 to rent! We have a small one that doubles as a luggage cart . :)

I am checking now to see if the ship has a nebulizer we can use instead of our own.

Edited by Tinknock50

On 5/10/2019 at 11:07 PM, shealea said:

cangelmd, Thank you for commenting on my post.  That is really nice to know.  My husband has really nice dark black jeans and some very nice polo shirts. Black and also grey. Nice black shoes.   I have nice skirts and some pretty tops.  Nice black sandals.   So it sounds like we will be ok on the dressier nights also.

While I usually pack at least one cocktail dress, my radar for registering "dressed up" is pretty wide for other people, LOL. I've seen a lot of ladies on chic night, who I see and think "she looks nice, I like that outfit", then I realize that what the lady is actually wearing is plain black slacks or skirt, a silky blouse and an eye catching necklace, likely from Target or TJ Maxx, that is just a little too blingy for daytime wear. You'll see everything wandering the ship at dinner, because even the people who have chosen to stay in shorts and flip flops have to get to the Ocean View, and as the evening wears on the heels tend to disappear and the flip flops come on.

I laugh because I live in a relatively formal place, where many men still own tuxes, enough to look for occasions to wear them, and it has become quite common, even at the most formal of weddings, to have a discreet bin of flip-flops tucked away somewhere at the reception for ladies to grab when the dancing starts. Maybe Celebrity could do that!

On 5/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, shealea said:

GastroGnome - We are in a Balcony room, so we wouldn't be able to do the Luminae or the MDR. 
I think when I booked our cruise, the Waiting List for Anytime Dining wasn't open. We will see if we can change once we are onboard. The only time available was Late dining. Even if we get stuck with that we will be just fine.  I've gotten used to Anytime Dining on NCL, and we really like that. 

This is our first time cruising with Celebrity. I'm looking forward to sailing with Celebrity. I've been reading wonderful things about them. 

Shealea, the same situation has happened to us on past cruises. Maybe we're just lucky, but we've been able to switch to Select Dining as soon as we get onboard. There were 1 or 2 cruises where we were asked to stay with the original seating for the first night and then received a note in our room that our dining assignment was changed for future nights. I've also seen people who showed up at the Select door be accommodated on a space available basis. 

3 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Shealea, the same situation has happened to us on past cruises. Maybe we're just lucky, but we've been able to switch to Select Dining as soon as we get onboard. There were 1 or 2 cruises where we were asked to stay with the original seating for the first night and then received a note in our room that our dining assignment was changed for future nights. I've also seen people who showed up at the Select door be accommodated on a space available basis. 

kathynorth, Thank you so much for that reply.That helps. We love the Anytime dining concept.That is our style! Even if we are stuck with the Late dining,it will be fine. I Really,Really do not want to sit with other people. Just not my style.We are 'country folks' and I'm not sure we would be very interesting visiting for many folks!!!!!!!  he,he

If we can't change from Late dining, we will at least see if we can get a table for two. I love kids and I would rather sit at a table of a bunch of kids!!!!!! ha!!!!!!!   I love watching all of the kids and parents when on cruises!  Especially at the pool.All of our kids and grandkids are grown, and I miss having young kids!  We brought our kids on an alaskan cruise a few years ago. They loved it.