Is it because I’m low class?

Notonboard

5 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

So can someone else see if it gives them an aft premium balcony?

Everything I look at appears to be sold. Only a few aft mini's available (not true aft)

Quite a popular sailing.

Looks to me (when I logged in without my ID) like they are only taking guarantees.  That means that all of the premium aft balconies are reserved but there will be, no doubt, cancellations in the next year and a half.   If you choose 'allow Princess to assign before departure' you can't chose your deck but you will get at least that cabin category if not higher.

4 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

Oh man see I picked choose my on after midnight.So if they booked a guarantee premium aft means I’m on standby? 

If you have a guaranteed cabin, they can put you in any cabin that's in the same class you reserved OR HIGHER.  So a guarantee premium balcony does not guarantee you a premium balcony- they can put you in a mini-suite if they choose to.

The aft premium balcony you describe is a deluxe balcony, cat. D4. There are no higher cat. deluxe balcony cabins. If you book "cabin to be assigned later" you will receive a D4 cabin or a higher cat cabin. The next level cat. is a mini suite. Note that while all D4 cabins are aft, all of them do not face the stern of the ship. Some are port and starboard cabins.

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Looks to me (when I logged in without my ID) like they are only taking guarantees.  That means that all of the premium aft balconies are reserved but there will be, no doubt, cancellations in the next year and a half.   If you choose 'allow Princess to assign before departure' you can't chose your deck but you will get at least that cabin category if not higher.

Be aware that not all premium aft balconies are rear-facing on the stern. There are balconies designated premium on the side, too.