Chef's table

It's like an excursion for foodies ... if you aren't very adventurous food-wise, then probably not.  But if you are open to try new things, then definitely. 

We've been 4 times already and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I signed up for it over a month ago, we don't cruise until October but I have not received ANYTHING.  This happened last year when we signed up for the steakhouse, no response and day 3 of our cruise we got a call confirming our reservation.  I like to plan, if I know what day it is prior to boarding I wouldn't even look at the MDR menu that day. 

37 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Is this worth it?

Hi

It would depend on how you value things. It's a fancy meal with included wine. What in your estimation would make it "worth it"?

Hi,

I believe it was $75 pp. We celebrated our 25 th anniversary.  The food was fantastic.  Intimate group.  All had a lot of fun.  May not be for everyone.  Recommended. 👍🏻

58 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

I signed up for it over a month ago, we don't cruise until October but I have not received ANYTHING.  This happened last year when we signed up for the steakhouse, no response and day 3 of our cruise we got a call confirming our reservation.  I like to plan, if I know what day it is prior to boarding I wouldn't even look at the MDR menu that day. 

My cruise is a week from Sunday. I haven't gotten anything except the confirmation of purchase. I don't expect to know the day until after boarding. I messes with my planning, but it is what it is I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Athankfulheart said:

My cruise is a week from Sunday. I haven't gotten anything except the confirmation of purchase. I don't expect to know the day until after boarding. I messes with my planning, but it is what it is I guess. 

I have not even received that.

I'm sorry, I was thinking about another reservation. For the Chef's Table, because it isn't paid ahead, I did not receive an email. I did find this at the bottom of the first reservation window. Hopefully it is helpful. 
"Confirmation e-mails will be sent 24 hours prior to cruise departure"

I didn't think the food was that good. Not worth it. I'm more into Rachael Ray then Michelin Star. One of the dishes served looked beautiful but literally tasted like dirt. I was sick for days after that meal. I think I got food poisoning because I was fine until I left that dinner. Never again.

3 hours ago, Siora7777 said:

I didn't think the food was that good. Not worth it. I'm more into Rachael Ray then Michelin Star. One of the dishes served looked beautiful but literally tasted like dirt. I was sick for days after that meal. I think I got food poisoning because I was fine until I left that dinner. Never again.

Hi

I understand taste is subjective, but I can't help but chuckle. "Literally tasted like dirt"... that's pretty clear. You paid a fair amount for the meal... the chefs are there... they served you. Did you ask someone about it, they would have tried a mouthful of your "dirt". There can be a real problem with any given dish. You have to speak up. This is a dinner with several courses, did you feel they were all crap?

Personally I enjoyed my meal (that was a number of years ago), but that means nothing for the OP. I don't know what they like. I probably won't do it again.

My wife and I enjoyed it.  I'm not a foodie at all but it was fun trying new, exotic, "classy" dishes.  Ours started with a tour of the galley which was terribly interesting.  There was a magician that performed for us.  When they change the menu I will definitely do it again.

My only complaint was that it lasted almost 3 hours.

If you decide to do it, pace yourself unless you're a big eater.  You don't have to clean your plate at every course!  I'm not a big eater and I was miserably stuffed at the end.

16 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

you will get a card in your cabin giving you the day and time. 

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

The service is amazing.  Each course is paired with wine.  It was a memorable evening.

Unless it's changed,, not on Carnival. You get red or White. Now my experience was a couple of years ago on Carnival.

On Royal, you are correct. Each course is paired with a different wine from different vineyards. Could be a Chateau, could be a Reisling, could be a Merlot, et. al.

8 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I understand taste is subjective, but I can't help but chuckle. "Literally tasted like dirt"... that's pretty clear. You paid a fair amount for the meal... the chefs are there... they served you. Did you ask someone about it, they would have tried a mouthful of your "dirt". There can be a real problem with any given dish. You have to speak up. This is a dinner with several courses, did you feel they were all crap?

Personally I enjoyed my meal (that was a number of years ago), but that means nothing for the OP. I don't know what they like. I probably won't do it again.

It was the red beet square type dish. The lady next to me only ate one piece as well, three pieces were served. It was not delicious. Some of the items were good like the bread, mango sphere, and dessert. The wagyu beef at the end tasted like pot roast which is fine but it didn't blow my mind. I had stomach issues after that meal that prevented me from enjoying the rest of the food on my cruise. I didn't feel normal after that experience for about a month. I was fine until I attended that meal. 

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Unless it's changed,, not on Carnival. You get red or White. Now my experience was a couple of years ago on Carnival.

On Royal, you are correct. Each course is paired with a different wine from different vineyards. Could be a Chateau, could be a Reisling, could be a Merlot, et. al.

It was on Carnival when we did our, a few years ago. I don't remember the specific wines now, but they were great and all different. And it was amazing, worth every penny, even though I was sick that day (got food poisoning from pork in MDR the night before.)

For those who say that they have not gotten emails. You should get an email confirmation. The email will tell you which day. In the past it has been a day or two before that I have gotten a note in my room. However this past cruise (the Journey's 10 day from Hawaii to Vancouver) I called on day 4 to ask the Steakhouse because I hadn't seen or heard anything. Turns out they lost my reservation. I was put a waitlist until I went down to the Steakhouse with my email confirmation. At which point they figured it out and made a chef's table for the last evening. We only had 8. So I believe that they pieced together one more.

For the person asking is it worth it. It was awesome. As long as this is your thing. The food was awesome. It was a great experience. I will tell you that it you have anything that is an allergy, dietary restriction or something you just don't eat
(i.e. vegan, vegetarian, etc) they will adjust. The lady across from me was vegan I believe and she got similar dishes but different proteins. IMG_1102.thumb.JPG.8e4dd4e37e81a22ddb544c3fd8207c54.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

21 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

XMANSMOM,

You received an email confirmation after you booked?  I guess I should try to book again.  It's our 23rd Anniversary and we have a 150.00 OBC so why not?

I always have gotten emails. Including this time. I will however say that sometimes it takes a little bit and I would call or visit the Steakhouse the very first day to make sure they have you.

As far as wine. I didn't pay attention to the brands but They have both red and white. They will offer both. Many people asked for one or the other. I asked for both. No issue and they kept both filled.

My first thought WAS correct. I was going through emails preparing for my trip and found an email that was sent to me when I booked the Chef's Table. The email came from " VASUPPER@carnival.com" for my ship, the Valor. Perhaps yours wound up in your spam file ? Here is the contents of the email :

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!  

The date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

The $75 charge per person, plus 18% gratuity will be automatically added to your sail and sign account.

The dress code for the Chef’s Table follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since

Guests are taken on personalized tour of the galley, open – toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles

Are discouraged.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at vasteakhouse@carnival.com

There will  be a $25 fee for cancellations made within 24 hours of your scheduled Chef’s Table.

We look forward to serving you!

Your  Steakhouse Manager

Emir Puskarevic

Carnival Valor