Pan Pacific Club Rooms

If anyone has stayed in one of the Pan Pacific Club rooms, I would appreciate your impressions.

We won't be arriving until, maybe 7 PM or a bit later.

What are the benefits?

We've booked a Premier room and it would be aboout $80CAN to upgrade to the Club.

I have looked at their website and their TripAdvisor reviews, and see no mention of a club level room or access. In fact, I saw a couple of reviews mentioning this hotel does not have a club level area. And, to be honest, for that price, I can't see the club level giving too many benefits. Not at a hotel of this quality.

Maybe I am missing something?

Pan Pacific Canada Place has 3 floors of Club Rooms- IMO very worth it.  You will avoid the front desk zoo and check in at the lounge on 23.  Great selection of light foods and drinks throughout the day and a great buffet light breakfast in the morning.  We woke up to our ship directly below us in the morning.  Bell staff picked up our bags at about 9am and we went downstairs to check in at 10:15.  We were on our ship in our stateroom just after 11:30 am.

56 minutes ago, frankc98376 said:

Pan Pacific Canada Place has 3 floors of Club Rooms- IMO very worth it.  You will avoid the front desk zoo and check in at the lounge on 23.  Great selection of light foods and drinks throughout the day and a great buffet light breakfast in the morning.  We woke up to our ship directly below us in the morning.  Bell staff picked up our bags at about 9am and we went downstairs to check in at 10:15.  We were on our ship in our stateroom just after 11:30 am.

OK, problem solved. I was looking at Pan Pacific Seattle.

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific prior to every sailing I have had from Vancouver.  Never had a Club Room and see no reason, personally, to pay for such an upgrade.  Since the OP expects to arrive at 7:00 P. M. or later, how many of the extra benefits will one experience with such a short stay?  

Bellmen will still pick-up luggage and the cruise line will probably have a check-in desk in the lobby in the morning for a speedy embarkation onto your ship.  A nice buffet breakfast will be available in the hotel's restaurant and I would think it would cost less than your $80 CDN upgrade.  Pan Pacific is a lovely hotel with excellent, friendly service.

Just my opinion. 

to be more specific:

I have a Premier Room with Cruise Package (mostly breakfast buffet for two in Oceans) at CAN $768.

I can upgrade to a Pacific Club Harbor for CAN $800.  Includes continental west coast breakfast buffet.

I can upgrade to a Pacific Club Harbor with cruise package for CAN $844 

My flight arrives YVR at 1816.

Questions:

Not in a big rush to board (not my first cruise).  Would the Club Lounge be a nice place to drink coffee and wait for the crowds to clear at boarding?

What's the difference between the Ocean's Buffet and the West Coast Buffet in the Club?

Edited by RocketMan275

36 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific prior to every sailing I have had from Vancouver.  Never had a Club Room and see no reason, personally, to pay for such an upgrade.  Since the OP expects to arrive at 7:00 P. M. or later, how many of the extra benefits will one experience with such a short stay?  

Bellmen will still pick-up luggage and the cruise line will probably have a check-in desk in the lobby in the morning for a speedy embarkation onto your ship.  A nice buffet breakfast will be available in the hotel's restaurant and I would think it would cost less than your $80 CDN upgrade.  Pan Pacific is a lovely hotel with excellent, friendly service.

Just my opinion. 

The buffet in Oceans is CAN $38 PP.  

• Like 1

Any opinions on taking a cab from the airport versus the rail?

I know the rail is cheaper but the cab will drop me at the hotel.

We travel light.  One roller size carry-on per person.

Edited by RocketMan275

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

What's the difference between the Ocean's Buffet and the West Coast Buffet in the Club?

My suggestion is to access the hotel's web site and search for menus for the Ocean's Restaurant.  From my recent research prior to making another booking for the Pan Pacific, there are two options for the buffet breakfast:  full or continental.  You will be able to have lunch soon after embarking the ship, the continental option might be sufficient.

My experience with "Club level breakfasts" at full service Marriott properties is that what is advertised as a "continental breakfast" often includes a very wide range of foods including hot dishes.  Yet, what is offered varies from property to property.  And, I have experienced the Club Lounge not being open on certain mornings.  (When that happens, I receive a voucher for the hotel's regular full buffet breakfast.)

The Pan Pacific is a Marriott property?

We probably would do with a normal continental breakfast.

Yes, you can get the Club Room with a cruise package including the Ocean's buffet (CAN $844 versus CAN $800).

Is the lounge a good place to hang out while waiting to board around 1200?

Are cocktails served there in the evening.  Understand we'll be arriving around 7:30

Edited by RocketMan275

Here are photos of the Club level evening spread. I don't remember what time they ended, though. Maybe call the hotel and check? Non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary, alcoholic beverages are a charge. I've included last year's price list.

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

32 minutes ago, idahospud said:

We just ate at Oceans 999 for breakfast this past week. Here's the breakfast menu.

I notice they have a full breakfast buffer and a cold breakfast buffet.  Other than the price ($38 v. $28), what was the difference?  Hot v. continental?

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

The Pan Pacific is a Marriott property?

NO!  That is not what I intended for you to think.  I was relating my experiences as a Marriott Rewards Member when I was able to access the Club Level Lounge for the amenities offered when I was a guest at one of the Marriott properties that had the Club Level Lounge.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I notice they have a full breakfast buffer and a cold breakfast buffet.  Other than the price ($38 v. $28), what was the difference?  Hot v. continental?

Im not sure the difference. My husband had the full and I ordered from the menu so I didn't even pay attention or ask about the difference. Sorry I can't help on that one. 

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Another questions:

How chaotic is the check in/out for the non-club rooms?

How crowded/chaotic is the breakfast in the Oceans?

Never stood in a line at either place. Even on Saturday morning there was no problem at breakfast. Plenty of tables. 

I admit to being fond of club rooms at hotels. We stay at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver even when we are travelling by air or VIA Rail.

We have stayed in the Club floor five times. My only minor disappointment was last year when they discontinued offering one free alcoholic beverage from the self-serve bar. The excuse offered was: "We have been told by the authorities that we can't do that and we didn't know that before." What piffle! Will Air Canada stop having a free self-serve bar in their Maple Leaf Lounge at Vancouver airport? I doubt that.

Anyway, that will not deter me from enjoying the lounge. The offerings of food are generous. If you want a full hot "fry-up" breakfast it might be better to stay in  a basic room and have breakfast in the restaurant. But the breakfast with limited hot items is more than enough for us. The goodies on offer at cocktail time are splendid and there are some light desserts put out later in the evening.

When we are taking a cruise we enjoy watching our ship arriving under the Lions Gate Bridge whilst we are having breakfast in the lounge.  We do not pay the extra charge for a harbour-view bedroom. The "non-view" rooms on the east side have a lovely view anyway. You can see a different part of the harbour and mountains in the distance.

The Club rooms can be pricey in the cruise season. For our June cruise on the Queen Elizabeth we booked a Club room long ago at $675. From experience I know that the prices usually come down closer to the date, although they go back up again. A few months ago the price had dropped to $475 and we re-booked without any penalty. I notice the price has gone back up. But each time we have stayed at the Pan Pacific the rate has been cheaper than at any of the nearby Fairmont hotels which have a Gold floor - sometimes a lot cheaper.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Another questions:

How chaotic is the check in/out for the non-club rooms?

How crowded/chaotic is the breakfast in the Oceans?

Check-in:  There has never been a long line and there were sufficient desk clerks to handle the guests arriving in a timely manner.  I have experienced longer waits to check-in at other premium hotels.

Seating is quite adequate in the Oceans; the line for the omelet maker may be long, just depends on the guests' wishes and the time of the morning.