Can I Bring

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I have to get a knee replacement but trying to hold off until after my cruise next week and Aruba in July, question, I wear a knee brace but I still get alot of pain in my knee due to osteoartritis and meniscus tears, my physical therapist today tried something new, she used KT Tape on my knee to give me restriction of movement which goes under my brace, am I allowed to bring a regular size scissor so I can cut the amount tape I need to apply to my knee?

Are you asking about bringing scissors on the plane or on the cruise?  If on the cruise, I’ve never heard of not being able to bring something like that onboard, I’d be sure it’s packed in my checked luggage tho.  Maybe I’m missing something.

I hope you enjoy your cruise before having your knee surgery.  

Here's Carnival's policy on this (this is from the "prohibited items" list) and as long as the scissors are less than four inches, you're fine:

• Knives, scissors and open razors with blades longer than four inches. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
Edited by joepeka

2 minutes ago, joepeka said:

EDIT: Here's Carnival's policy on this (this is from the "prohibited items" list) and as long as the scissor blades are less than four inches, you're fine:

• Knives, scissors and open razors with blades longer than four inches. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)

Edited by joepeka

Thans for the help....a small scissor isn't going to cut this tape, I need a pair of good ones.  I rather not put it in my check luggage because they may take the luggage and I have to go to the. naughty room and I really don't want to do that.....I will carry it with me with a second different type of brace and the tape, worse case they make me throw it out and I just have to get a knife from the MDR and cut it that way ugh. I appreciate your help but sounds like I be able to take it from what you said.

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thans for the help....a small scissor isn't going to cut this tape, I need a pair of good ones.  I rather not put it in my check luggage because they may take the luggage and I have to go to the. naughty room and I really don't want to do that.....I will carry it with me with a second different type of brace and the tape, worse case they make me throw it out and I just have to get a knife from the MDR and cut it that way ugh. I appreciate your help but sounds like I be able to take it from what you said.

I would agree about "small" but 4" is a pretty good sized scissors - are you sure something with 4" blades wouldn't work?

The scissors restriction of four inches matches TSA’s rules pretty closely. (Carnival seems to be more lenient on knives though.) TSA will let you have scissors that are four inches from the fulcrum/pivot point so I would think that could be some substantial cutting power. As a fellow knee pain sufferer, I would hate to go without something that would help me be in less pain or slow me down from the fun. 

1 hour ago, Athankfulheart said:

Fiskars makes a very, very sharp but small pair of scissors. It can be found with sewing supplies. 

I have a pair like this that I bring on every cruise. They are more than sufficient for cutting KT tape or whatever else you need during your trip. 

I had carried a Swis Army knife before , yet that had been taken before from us. Even at Cape Canaveral, Florida one which is from you know at MSFT :OTC. We had to hide in the shrubs till we left.

The best I saw here is to pre = cut the tape you need and cut 25 %more as sometimes Murphy is about..

1 hour ago, AAAAmerican said:

I had carried a Swis Army knife before , yet that had been taken before from us.

Most people wouldn’t think that you can pack a knife on a cruise. What’s surprising is that you actually can. For example, Carnival prohibits knives only over 4 inches long(about the width of an adult hand). So if you have a pocket knife that you carry everywhere, you can actually bring it with you on the cruise.

I always bring my Leatherman, never had a problem