Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Spike2000

Cosol Tours - How much time do you have at Sugar / Jalousie Beach?

Recommended Posts

We have booked the land sea tour with Cosol. How much time do you typically get to stay at the beach there?

 

My wife and I have been to St.Lucia before (and have seen the Pitons etc) but this is the 1st time with our 3 teenagers.  Recently, I have found out that the snorkeling is supposed to really good there.  My kids have experienced snorkeling in Roatan and Belize and I worry they are spoiled in regards to seeing the reef quality there.  (Roatan has AMAZING reefs on it's West end)  Now I am intrigued by the reefs on Sugar beach after seeing pictures... I just want to make sure that we have enough time to enjoy it.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spike2000 said:

We have booked the land sea tour with Cosol. How much time do you typically get to stay at the beach there?

 

My wife and I have been to St.Lucia before (and have seen the Pitons etc) but this is the 1st time with our 3 teenagers.  Recently, I have found out that the snorkeling is supposed to really good there.  My kids have experienced snorkeling in Roatan and Belize and I worry they are spoiled in regards to seeing the reef quality there.  (Roatan has AMAZING reefs on it's West end)  Now I am intrigued by the reefs on Sugar beach after seeing pictures... I just want to make sure that we have enough time to enjoy it.

 

Thank you!

An hour, at most.  It's not a lot as there's all the various stops along the way, plus the long drive back. Cosol's tour is excellent ss you see and experience so much, but the beach time is short. Enough for a swim and brief snorkel maybe, that's about it. 

If you want more time there specifically, Spencer Ambrose Beach Break give 4-5 hours there 

Or if snorkeling some excellent reefs is what you're after, check Mystic Man's Eco-Snorkel trip - you hit several different reefs down the coast, plus all the gorgeous views. 

Enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you...I am really torn now....My wife really wants the kids to see the Pitons but I am sure that we all would like more time on the reef if it's that good...hummm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spike2000 said:

Thank you...I am really torn now....My wife really wants the kids to see the Pitons but I am sure that we all would like more time on the reef if it's that good...hummm.

Spencer Ambrose Beach break  tour is to Jalousie Beach smack between the Pitons. So, two birds, one stone. 

Mystic Man's snorkeling tour includes Jalousie Beach as one of the snorkel stops also, along with Anse Chastenet's black sand beach - another excellent reef system, and Anse Cochon. .

Both great options to see the Pitons and snorkel away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Spencer Ambrose Beach break  tour is to Jalousie Beach smack between the Pitons. So, two birds, one stone. 

Mystic Man's snorkeling tour includes Jalousie Beach as one of the snorkel stops also, along with Anse Chastenet's black sand beach - another excellent reef system, and Anse Cochon. .

Both great options to see the Pitons and snorkel away. 

I would love to book Spencer's at the point but they're full on my day unfortunately.:(  I looked into it the other day. But thank you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spencers is an amazing tour/day at the beach and the snorkeling there is out of this world. 

 

While I understand that Spencers is booked that day, I'd find another tour company and still go. 

 

If you want to see the type of snorkeling you'll see there, check out my reviews. The are very picture heavy with TONS of snorkeling and this place is one of the best I've ever seen (and we snorkel everywhere). The link is in my signature line, click it then go to the St Lucia link and click. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, reedprincess said:

Spencer Ambrose Beach break  tour is to Jalousie Beach smack between the Pitons. So, two birds, one stone. 

Mystic Man's snorkeling tour includes Jalousie Beach as one of the snorkel stops also, along with Anse Chastenet's black sand beach - another excellent reef system, and Anse Cochon. .

Both great options to see the Pitons and snorkel away. 

Can you please share the price for teh Mistic Man Tour?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Spike2000 said:

We have booked the land sea tour with Cosol. How much time do you typically get to stay at the beach there?

 

My wife and I have been to St.Lucia before (and have seen the Pitons etc) but this is the 1st time with our 3 teenagers.  Recently, I have found out that the snorkeling is supposed to really good there.  My kids have experienced snorkeling in Roatan and Belize and I worry they are spoiled in regards to seeing the reef quality there.  (Roatan has AMAZING reefs on it's West end)  Now I am intrigued by the reefs on Sugar beach after seeing pictures... I just want to make sure that we have enough time to enjoy it.

 

Thank you!

45 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Cosol tour June 27th and we had about 1 hr 10 min at the beach. Personally, I wouldn't call the snorkeling amazing. There were plenty of fish around the rocks, but there wasn't a wide variety of them. I only saw about 10 different types, but there were a couple of eels near the shore that were interesting to observe. I thought Barbados was better since we saw a wider variety of fish and there were turtles.

 

I have taken the Cosol tour three times and always enjoy it. Anytime we visit St. Lucia with people who haven't been before, we take them on the Cosol tour to have a fantastic time and see the beauty and diversity of St. Lucia. 

 

However, if my primary goal was to go snorkeling, I would choose a different tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, kyriecat said:

I was on the Cosol tour June 27th and we had about 1 hr 10 min at the beach. Personally, I wouldn't call the snorkeling amazing. There were plenty of fish around the rocks, but there wasn't a wide variety of them. I only saw about 10 different types, but there were a couple of eels near the shore that were interesting to observe. I thought Barbados was better since we saw a wider variety of fish and there were turtles.

 

I have taken the Cosol tour three times and always enjoy it. Anytime we visit St. Lucia with people who haven't been before, we take them on the Cosol tour to have a fantastic time and see the beauty and diversity of St. Lucia. 

 

However, if my primary goal was to go snorkeling, I would choose a different tour.

With Cosol does the day feel rushed?  I am excited about this port and like how his tour seems to hit a lot of the highlights.  But hope to not just drive by.  Would like a few minutes to be able to get out and grab a few pics.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

With Cosol does the day feel rushed?  I am excited about this port and like how his tour seems to hit a lot of the highlights.  But hope to not just drive by.  Would like a few minutes to be able to get out and grab a few pics.

Thanks!

No rush, plenty of time to get great pic's. Baptiste will let you do whatever you want no worries, no rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cosul tours is a great one to go on. I've been on it twice already and hoping to do it again when we're there for the day off cruise ship in November.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...