I need info on NCL and the Bliss

rsail203

Our first cruise 14 years ago was on the Dawn. After that we decided that we prefer traditional dining with the same tablemates every night. This has worked out well for us, but because of a cruise cancellation, we found a gap in our schedule and the Bliss fit our timeframe, with the added incentive that we don't have to fly for a 14 day cruise on Feb.2nd. We have found some good reviews and it seems that we will have a good cruise, but we do have some questions as NCL is new to us:

1-We filled out the on-line info. When can we see e-documents?

2-If the documents show an arrival time, is this time enforced if we arrive early?

3-What time and how often are shows like Jersey Boys performed?

4-Can shows, specialty restaurants, and shore excursions be booked online prior to the cruise?

5-Our booking includes 5 specialty restaurants. Can a restaurant be used twice?

That's all the questions we have for now, but I'm sure we'll have more later as we get closer to Feb. Thank you in advance for any info you can give us.

Rich

1 - e-docs are available nearer the time. About 30 days out, but I don't remember exactly.

2 - Arrival times are not enforced, as per reports on here.

3 - Can't help on that one

4 - Yes, they are available to book online 120 days out (130 if you are in a suite)

5 - You can go to the same restaurant 5 times if you wanted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

Our first cruise 14 years ago was on the Dawn. After that we decided that we prefer traditional dining with the same tablemates every night. This has worked out well for us, but because of a cruise cancellation, we found a gap in our schedule and the Bliss fit our timeframe, with the added incentive that we don't have to fly for a 14 day cruise on Feb.2nd. We have found some good reviews and it seems that we will have a good cruise, but we do have some questions as NCL is new to us:

2-If the documents show an arrival time, is this time enforced if we arrive early?

4-Can shows, specialty restaurants, and shore excursions be booked online prior to the cruise?

That's all the questions we have for now, but I'm sure we'll have more later as we get closer to Feb. Thank you in advance for any info you can give us.

Rich

E-docs will arrive after final payment you will be notified by email

only certain ships have arrival times and then only at certain ports - I have not heard how well this is enforced.

Don't know - however the theatre acts that are free are usually only once during the cruise.

Yes usually around 120 days out you can go onto your my ncl account and book them

It incudes 5 meals in the specialty restaurants you can do all of them at the same one if you like.

Edited by bonvoyagie

4 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

Rich

E-Docs will show-up approximately 80 days before embarkation date.

Arrival time is usually at your discretion.

Jersey Boys was 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm, days 5 & 6, of our January 2019 cruise.

Timing varies for when/where you might be able to book all.  Suites have first chance at 130 days prior, for many things.

All others can try booking at 130 days.  As far as Excursions go, the availability is like a moving target, just keep watching!!!

You could eat every single night in the same restaurant if you choose!

Good luck and have fun!

1 minute ago, bonvoyagie said:

Don't know - however the theatre acts that are free are usually only once during the cruise.

It is different on the newer ships, where the main theatre shows are on a few nights during the cruise. I would expect two nights (with two showings each night) on a 7 day cruise, but as we are talking about a 14 day this may be different. 

12 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

4 - Yes, they are available to book online 120 days out (130 if you are in a suite)

I didn't notice you mentioned shore excursions. They may be available now, or may be released a couple of months out. Different ports could be posted at different times. You have to just keep looking.

Keep checking for Edocs about 80 days out

Show up whenever For check-in/embarkation 

Shows (Jersey Boys were 2 nights/2 Shows nightly

Dining is 130 for pax/120 Suites/Haven

Shows might be the same (Keep checking)

Yes you can pick a restaurant more than once

We were on the Bliss for the Panama, 15 days, Jersey Boys, Havana had 2 shows on 2 days each week. Prohibition was planned for 1 show on 2 nights when it sold out a show was added (price has now increased so not sure it still sells out) Can be booked on line but dates might change, check your reservations when you board

Comedy is very popular, comedian and an MC will perform a family & 18+ show most (if not all nights), performers changed on our longer sailings, so ask if that is something you enjoy - venue is small and can't be booked in advance. 8pm & 10pm

On a 7-day sailing, Jersey Boys is show twice on two separate nights (so 4 showings total). I would expect it to be showing on 3-4 nights on a 14-day sailing, but don't know for sure.

Also, not sure if they will be of help to you, but in my signature is a link to our YouTube 360 degree tour videos of the Bliss.

Edited by JamieLogical

We have 5 speciality restaurants as part of our booking. I just looked at he menus with all the ala carte prices. What is included in our booking? Is there a limit on starters or entrees that can be ordered? How does it work? Can you go to a specialty restaurant without a reservation?

You are restricted to one entree. Thee are some other charges for specific items (the Shrimp Cocktail in Cagneys has an upcharge for example).

Regarding multiple apps and desserts, the T&Cs are quite clear in that they state the restriction on entrees but no other course. Some wait staff suggest that other courses are limited, but they aren’t. They don’t actually charge you for those extra dishes if you go ahead and order them.

It seems like the multiple entrees vary at Specialty meals. Definitely one at Cagney's and Lebistro, but I thought we could try more than one at LaCucina. I will know for sure in September.