Premium Plus Beverage Package Experience

We had the premium plus package on the Epic in August.  At that time, all specialty coffee and tea, bottled water and any drinks by the glass were included.  I'm not sure where the $35/drink limit idea came from.  I drank double shots of Johnny Walker Blue all week, which someone reported on here is $50 a shot.  We got the good champagne at the Atrium bar and at Maltings, and by the bottle at dinner.  You do have to do your research before you go and read the terms and conditions, so you are informed.  You may have to be pro-active, and point out that you have the Premium Plus package.  More than once we were told "That isn't included in the package" and we had to point out which package we had.  Once they know you have the Premium Plus package, they bend over backwards to get you what you want. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the PPB, will they bring you a second bottle of wine/champagne if you polish off the first one?  

I mean, not that my hubs and I could ever drink more than one bottle during a dinner. #sarcasm #AA?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TPgal said:

With the PPB, will they bring you a second bottle of wine/champagne if you polish off the first one?  

I mean, not that my hubs and I could ever drink more than one bottle during a dinner. #sarcasm #AA?

You can order 2 at the same time if you want! We did. 🙂

Granted, if you don't finish the bottle(s), you can take them with you when you leave and you can share them with others. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TPgal said:

I just had a bottle of wine on my own tonight with popcorn for dinner watching Imaginering with my dh lol Keep the faith!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

FYI I was just on the jade. Second time around with PPB. This time they only allowed drinks $35 and under. We were very surprised as their drinks list price is already atrocious. I asked the bartender about this and he said they can change things each sailing. Wow! Even the terms and conditions are very sneakily worded despite the FAQ saying you can have ANY drink by the glass. We will never prepay for it again and will opt to wait until on ship so we know what the terms are in real time. 

Although we are Platinum with many NCL cruises, it's 3 years since our last one. Some cruiselines do allow one person in the cabin to upgrade, but I don't think NCL do. Any recent experiences in that regard?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Although we are Platinum with many NCL cruises, it's 3 years since our last one. Some cruiselines do allow one person in the cabin to upgrade, but I don't think NCL do. Any recent experiences in that regard?

Thanks.

Both guests need to upgrade.  Now that the perk gives everyone 21+ the package, I am not sure if all need to upgrade but I am guessing they do.

• Thanks 1

We sail later this month and are receiving constant emails about upgrading to the PBP and we can upgrade via the app. We are not upgrading by the way.

I wonder why they continue to show Vueve Cliquot "Yellow Label" on the pdf marketing materials if they aren't consistently offering it on board? Or why they are limiting drinks to $35 when there is no mention of that in the terms and conditions.

Look, they can make whatever terms and conditions they want, but they should figure out what they want them to be, commit to them for a year, and disclose them to their passengers so people know what the heck they are buying. Offering one thing up front and then changing to something else on the back end doesn't work. Nor does changing the terms every month or two.

I do business with tons of companies professionally and personally. Candidly, I've never seen a company operated in a such a haphazard and careless manner. Even the onboard staff don't know what is and isn't included.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, Shidah said:

Veuve is still listed on the website, but obviously not on the menu on the Encore posted, so it will be interesting to see if it changes on the other ships, and they can change the offerings on board per the fine print at anytime.  Regardless, I will still do the upgrade on my next cruise since I enjoyed the other champagne Nicholas Feuillatte just as much maybe even more that the Veuve since it is slightly sweeter.  But I predict NCL will raise the cost of the upgrade, since right now it seems like they are losing on the deal with the bottles of wine.

Since  I'm a Veuve diehard, I'll order a glass and a bottle of Moet and do a taste test my first night

Edited by benzygirl

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

Since  I'm a Veuve diehard, I'll order a glass and a bottle of Moet and do a taste test my first night

We were on the Spirit in December and had the Upgraded package and had no problems with Veuve , we had it at every dinner and also at the different bars.

1 hour ago, Meekofigaro said:

We were on the Spirit in December and had the Upgraded package and had no problems with Veuve , we had it at every dinner and also at the different bars.

I hope that’ll be the case, but I’ve read on recent Encore reviews it no longer is included by the bottle just by the glass 

According to my chat with the bartender it’s not ship by ship. They make changes often fleet-wise. He said one day grey goose was off the regular package and then next cruise it was back on. Their terms and conditions are worded in a way that allows these changes but there is no $ limit specified. We were very angry. We did order bottles of veuve each chance we got. 

We are booked on a 24 night repositioning sailing, and the first 4 days are port extensive. Thinking we will not upgrade, but if we decide after a few days to do so is it still possible to upgrade for the remaining 20 days or is it only available from day 1? Thanks.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

We are booked on a 24 night repositioning sailing, and the first 4 days are port extensive. Thinking we will not upgrade, but if we decide after a few days to do so is it still possible to upgrade for the remaining 20 days or is it only available from day 1? Thanks.

From what they said if purchased later it’s retroactive and you pay for all days. It’s all or none. But perhaps that is a condition that could change. Who knows. 

I told my PCC that I wanted to check out what was really available on the ship before I committed to the upgrade. My PPC emailed me that: "You are in luck as the Premium Plus is ONLY available to upgrade when you get on board." (My cruise is Jan 22, 2020, on the Breakaway.) I got an email on Jan 7 from NCL telling me upgrades were available, but I'm going to wait till I'm onboard to sign up.

Edited by Suite Heart
addition

6 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

I had told my PCC that I wanted to check out what was really available on the ship before I committed to the upgrade. My PPC emailed me that: "You are in luck as the Premium Plus is ONLY available to upgrade when you get on board." My cruise is Jan 22, 2020, on the Breakaway.

Well, that does not sound correct, my ncl summary page says upgrade now for the ridiculous price of 417.50 per person (12 day cruise this in 2 weeks).

2 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

My NCL page is offering that upgrade on my 11-day cruise:

Upgrade to Premium Plus: $29 pp/day • Gratuities included Price $348.00

Is there anyone that has sailed since Jan 1 that got the upgrade? When did you get it?

We sailed Dec 15 and Dec 21. Our previous sailing was Nov 3. We bought the package on 2 out of the 3 sailings (both times online). But, they were selling the packages on board as well. In fact, Nov 3 was heavily advertising it. 

A friend on the Dec 21 sailing asked about just 1 person in the cabin getting it (as husband only drinks beer) and they were told no, but that she could buy it on board. We got off the ship Jan 5th so I'm not sure how much has changed from then and now. But, it's NCL, so who knows?

We also could have bought the PPB on board the Dec 15 if we wanted it (but opted out). 

1 minute ago, kirsten1526 said:

We sailed Dec 15 and Dec 21. Our previous sailing was Nov 3. We bought the package on 2 out of the 3 sailings (both times online). But, they were selling the packages on board as well. In fact, Nov 3 was heavily advertising it. 

A friend on the Dec 21 sailing asked about just 1 person in the cabin getting it (as husband only drinks beer) and they were told no, but that she could buy it on board. We got off the ship Jan 5th so I'm not sure how much has changed from then and now. But, it's NCL, so who knows?

We also could have bought the PPB on board the Dec 15 if we wanted it (but opted out). 

I'm pretty much "sold" on the idea of the upgrade. It's just that if I buy it pre-cruise, I have to hit my credit card. If I buy it on-board, I can use my OBC.