ms Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 20, 2019

Scrapnana

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Me, too.  What a lot of noise those float planes make. 

I'm tempted to try the NA for Alaska.  The last minute prices are pretty good!  We've never been on the NA.

I've on NA several times - similar in size [length wise] to the Vista ships with a few more added food venues.

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm tempted to try the NA for Alaska.  The last minute prices are pretty good!  We've never been on the NA.

You should do it.  I really enjoyed my Alaskan cruise on NA.

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hi Ann, 

Why don’t you come join me on the Eurodam on June 1st 😀🍾🚢

36 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

One of the best places for sightseeing is that open deck forward on Deck 5.  But, the ship's Master has to allow the hatches leading to that deck to be open.  Some do; some don't.  In my opinion, it is a better site for departure or arrival sightseeing--or scenic sightseeing--in an outdoor setting than anywhere on the ship.  And, it's a deck that the Signature Class has that the Vista's don't.

15 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

One of the best places for sightseeing is that open deck forward on Deck 5.  But, the ship's Master has to allow the hatches leading to that deck to be open.  Some do; some don't.  In my opinion, it is a better site for departure or arrival sightseeing--or scenic sightseeing--in an outdoor setting than anywhere on the ship.  And, it's a deck that the Signature Class has that the Vista's don't.

Thanks, so another added feature on the Signatures - not on the Vistas. I like both, just because of the reasonable balcony prices compared to R & S Class. Otherwise, any ones but the Pinnacles - lifeboats are in the way for viewing - even from your balcony.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, 1ANGELCAT said:

Hi Ann, 

Why don’t you come join me on the Eurodam on June 1st 😀🍾🚢

Just heard yesterday afternoon that my English cousin, who I thought was arriving after the middle of June, is coming here on June 3!  So I guess no cruise for us.  Sorry ‘bout that.😧