MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

8 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yes, I get it. May I ask if you do suites on Royal? We did Bella and found it very nice compared to Rccl non-suite experience. 

Yes, suites on Royal, NCL, Celebrity, and Carnival (in an Excel suite now, but they're going to kick us out tomorrow morning, lol).

Tom

On 5/14/2023 at 8:58 PM, okra00 said:

We are Marriot Titanium but MSC gave us Silver. It seems like we were one of the unlucky ones. Is there a way for them to recheck our status match?

Same exact thing happened to me. My wife had one cruise on Celebrity and her status matched to silver as well. I asked them to recheck my Marriott Titanium and they said it was correct at Silver match. Very different submissions, same result.

Question...which may be burried somewhere in this 32 page thread... When it says to attach a photo copy of your "Card".... I don't have a "Royal Caribbean" card....I just have my set sail pass card from each sailing...is that what they want?

Howard

12 hours ago, HLR said:

Question...which may be burried somewhere in this 32 page thread... When it says to attach a photo copy of your "Card".... I don't have a "Royal Caribbean" card....I just have my set sail pass card from each sailing...is that what they want?

Howard

I just took a screen shot of my status on RC website and emailed that. Got status matched in a few days.

the other thing you can do is scan in a copy of your last room card where it would say diamond or diamond plus or platinum etc. that's what I did with my carnival diamond card the other day, we are both diamond on carnival and royal but on carnival its 200 days however didn't seem to matter I dont guess - I haven't put the old lady's in yet but I got back my msc thing in about a day I got one tier below their top 

Thank you both! I looked and even with just one cruise on MSC I am already Silver....I don't know if RCI Emerald will bump me up to Gold...but I can try!

I matched to gold with NCL and Mrs. Brighton did as well. We have only cruised together to have the same status on every line.

Upon embarkation, I got a blue basic (or whatever you call it) and Mrs. Brighton got Silver.

Strange but probably the standard undocumented feature of MSC IT processes. 

I went to the concierge with the issue and showed them the MSC webpage with me as a Gold. He had to log onto the ship system and on his phone some other system to make changes in both. Over 15 minutes to get me and my wife to Gold status. Then make new cards for both of us and make updates to the YC wristbands.

I did not get the past voyager invite though my wife did since my level was incorrect same for the gold gift we didn't get. 

Pretty important as I want to make Diamond before they come out with the rumored Diamond Plus status level.

9 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

I matched to gold with NCL and Mrs. Brighton did as well. We have only cruised together to have the same status on every line.

Upon embarkation, I got a blue basic (or whatever you call it) and Mrs. Brighton got Silver.

Strange but probably the standard undocumented feature of MSC IT processes. 

I went to the concierge with the issue and showed them the MSC webpage with me as a Gold. He had to log onto the ship system and on his phone some other system to make changes in both. Over 15 minutes to get me and my wife to Gold status. Then make new cards for both of us and make updates to the YC wristbands.

I did not get the past voyager invite though my wife did since my level was incorrect same for the gold gift we didn't get. 

Pretty important as I want to make Diamond before they come out with the rumored Diamond Plus status level.

Gold gift?

On 4/21/2023 at 3:16 PM, RivieraRampage86 said:

Good afternoon all, I completed the status match form on April 19 in the PM. Woke up the next morning to an email confirming my Hilton Honors Diamond status matched to Voyager's Club Diamond status.

The process was quick and easy.

I did the same thing a couple of months ago and got the email, no problem. The problem is when I go to add it to my 2 existing reservations. On the website, I go to the MSC Voyagers Club tab, click the toggle that says, "Are you an existing MSC Voyager Club Member?" enter my number from the email, and it says "There is an error in your MSC Voyagers Club Number." I've tried entering it every which way and it won't take. Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

On 6/8/2023 at 10:00 PM, trulytracy said:

I did the same thing a couple of months ago and got the email, no problem. The problem is when I go to add it to my 2 existing reservations. On the website, I go to the MSC Voyagers Club tab, click the toggle that says, "Are you an existing MSC Voyager Club Member?" enter my number from the email, and it says "There is an error in your MSC Voyagers Club Number." I've tried entering it every which way and it won't take. Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

Good afternoon Tracy, sorry for the delayed reply. All you need to do is contact MSC and they will help get things sorted out. The problem arises when you have a booking that was made prior to your status match being completed. Same thing happened to me and a quick call to MSC got things fixed. MSC also honored the Voyagers club discount and issued me a credit to the card I used to book.

I hope this info helps!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Depending on your Status you get a different card.

Boy do you get a different card. Mrs. and I matched to Gold. When were checked in I got a blue card and my wife got silver.

I checked online and yup, still gold. How could the wife have been different than I? I took my first cruise on our honeymoon in 1995 with the same wife beside me and has been the only person I have sailed with since then. 

Not according to MSC that is, I'm basic and she is silver.

The concierge had to use the onboard computer and his cell phone simultaneously to log onto two different MSC systems to make the change which took at least 20 minutes to do. Then had to print new cards for us and redo the bands.

Must be the fantastic MSC IT unit at work once again. Impressed with YC want to reach Diamond and doing that from Gold instead of Basic would be a lot easier, thank you MSC.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I absolutely could not/would not sail MSC outside of the YC !

Tom

Hi

I have seen the same comment often, and I just don't get it.

Apart from willing to try something new, it was the price that drew me to finally booking a MSC cruise. From what I am seeing, if I wanted to opt for a YC cabin, it would cost considerably more. My thought is that if I was to pay that much, I would choose a better cruise line.

My general opinion is that MSC is "okay", not good or great. If you have to pay thousands more to get a product that you are willing to use, you should look elsewhere. 

To the topic; I have only sailed with MSC twice. The first time was just at the start of covid Feb. 2020.

I had a status match at the time with a my Platinum on Carnival giving me Gold with MSC.

I hadn't said with them again until this past spring. I was very happy to see that for some unknown reason they decided to give me a Black/Diamond status. I don't know how or why, but I also have a cruise booked with them for later this year and they have me listed with Diamond status. 

At the Diamond party the captain did mention that the company was looking at adding an additional level after Diamond. I am not concerned, because they certainly are not my preferred cruise line and if I was going to spend more I would stick to Oceania.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, Nic6318 said:

My thought is that if I was to pay that much, I would choose a better cruise line. [...] 

I am not concerned, because they certainly are not my preferred cruise line and if I was going to spend more I would stick to Oceania.  

For me, I've tried a bunch of them - Oceania, Crystal, Retreat in Celebrity in an upper suite and YC was better than all but probably half or less of the cost. Really enjoyed actually having the larger, more fun ship to "go out" to. 

Has anyone that is Disney Platinum done a status match recently, after Pearl started?   We are looking at trying MSC next year and I am just curious if they are still matching to Diamond or if it has been downgraded to Gold? 

Also two additional questions...  Do DH and I both need to do the match or can just one of us?  And do I do the match before I book or after?

Thanks

On 7/8/2023 at 1:27 AM, sbcs5390 said:

For me, I've tried a bunch of them - Oceania, Crystal, Retreat in Celebrity in an upper suite and YC was better than all but probably half or less of the cost. Really enjoyed actually having the larger, more fun ship to "go out" to. 

When the trade is from suite/higher line the value proposition can work very well moving to YC often with pocket full of change.

For the regular cruiser that trades up on occasion it works a bit different it is often a bigger spend or trading balcony for Yacht club insides(when you can find one) for the experience.

Where MSC still seems to win with YC is they have  maintained the size/passenger count to keep it exclusive.

Other lines are expanding their ship in a ship too many passengers.