Live from the Carnival naming ceremony in New York

jimbo5544

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

image.jpg

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

2E5FBFE6-30A3-43E7-99E2-D812B58C0C69.jpeg

She has arguably one of the best looking atriums at sea! I look subdued and modern yet classy and elegant. Not ready whatsoever which seems to be what is present on most Carnival ships.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

image.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

2E5FBFE6-30A3-43E7-99E2-D812B58C0C69.jpeg

CABE0EAE-1135-4930-920B-19E68F8F92DA.jpeg

She has arguably one of the most subdued, modern, yet classy and elegant atriums at sea! Her atrium is not gaudy whatsoever, which seems to be what is present on most of the Carnival ships to date.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

Where will the Sunrise be from today until Monday morning when we sail?  Will it just stay in port or go on a 2-3 day cruise?

4 day cruise to Bermuda. 

So I have come back  from a month long hiatus to fulfill a promise I had today update on the Sunrise naming ceremony.  We have been up in CT since early May from our Florida homesteading with family (we have a lot) and will do so until after our group cruise on the Sunrise in mid July.  We received the invite to attend the naming ceremony in late March, and we were happy to say we would be able to attend.  We have been fortunate to attend every naming ceremony since the Splendor with the exception of the Breeze.  The Splendor was in Long Beach, Dream in New York, Magic in Galveston, Breeze in Miami, Sunshine in New Orleans, and Vista, Horizon and now Sunrise in New York.  

This one was different in that in all others we had a sleepover (the Splendor was a 3 day cruise to nowhere - those are caput now) with the ceremony the following day (before sailing).The Sunrise completed 3 cruises in Norfolk and sailed to New York with just crew (these events were unique also) and arrived this morning to New York.  It is also armed forces weak in New York there was a Navy ship docked next tour (same as the Horizon naming ceremony last year (to the day actually).  At any rate, the commute down should have taken about an hour and a half, but instead took an amazing three hours and forty minutes....a new record.  We did leave early enough hoverer and parked in front of the ship and walked in at 9:50, ten minutes early.

We boarded right on time (after the press, all the big whigs were mostly already on board).  I had loaded a couple of pics from my phone but will fill in others now.