Yacht Club Inside on Seaview?

gtaylor

We've done a dozen Yacht Club YC1 (with balcony) sailings across the fleet.

We have a B2B booked for July 2020 in the Med on the Seaview.

We're considering changing the first week to a YC Interior to see if we can handle it. We've seen an interior on the Seaside and it looked OK, but for a week?

We've got the YC1 Balcony for the second week, so we know that's going to be coming shortly, and the TopSail Lounge is right there, so I think we'll be fine.

No balcony cabins available for both weeks, so we'd have to move anyway, not that it is much pain with the Butler's help.

Any comments?

gary

Hi Gary ... we're booked in a YIN on Seaview for the end of August next;  our first time to do one, too (the only other time we've ever had an inside was on our first cruise 19 years ago.  We've had balconies ever since).  It'll be our 6th YC cruise.

We're also chancing 23 nights in a YIN on Meraviglia in October - the price for a YC1 was astronomical.  At €6189 pp for a YIN is crazy, too!  That translates into €1883 per week (approx $2200).  A YC1 is being quoted at €9519 ($10700 PP)!

I do have some reservations around doing an inside, but the prices for YC1s were beyond what we were willing to pay (we've booked YC1 on Preziosa for 2 weeks next year at a much more reasonable rate).

You don't say what you've booked for the first week.  It's still a long way out for your cruise;  I'm sure MSC will release more YC1 stock for your first week over time.  They never make all stock available at once, plus they offer some to other markets, then withdraw it if it hasn't sold and offer it elsewhere.

Good luck with your decision!

I was perfectly happy with my YC inside on Seaview last year....also on a Mediterranean cruise ☺️

The cabin was very comfortable, with all the usual YC amenities. The TSL is just steps away, and I really enjoyed the outside seating area there so I didn’t miss a balcony at all. 

My only comment about the cabin - and not unique to the inside cabins I believe - is the very strange wardrobe which makes half of it inaccessible due to the design of the doors.

Apart from the lack of light, my other concern (especially on the 23 night cruise) is the reported lack of storage space.  I plan to spend as much time outside the cabin as possible, anyway;  the YC area is just too good to not utilise it to the fullest.  😊

We're on deck 16, Liz.  We'll have Cruisers6 (Mark & Jane) and CruisingFox as neighbours on the 10 night NY-Canada leg.  I was thinking about how lonely it was going to be when they disembark.  🙁

We're spending 2 nights in New York pre-cruise, meeting up with Mark & Jane, who are staying in the same hotel, but we'll fly home the day we disembark.  We've already spent a few days in Miami back in January when we were on Armonia.

10 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Any comments?

We spent two weeks in a YC inside on Seaside, which was definitely not our norm.  Like Bea, the last time we had a similar cabin was 1991.  We have also done a week in a Seaside YC Deluxe suite for comparison.  You can see my review in my signature, but I'll give a quick critique.  I do like to spend time in the cabin, but having the Topsail Lounge and sundeck very close by really helped.  The biggest problem to me was the shower size, followed by inefficient storage space - we had to keep suitcases under the bed.  That is very difficult as there is no access from the sides and the cases have to be quite small so they can be slid under from the foot of the bed.  I also didn't like that the A/C vent blew directly onto the bed.  Overall it wasn't a deal breaker and I have 17 more days (10 days overlapping Bea) booked in a YC inside. 

• Like 1

Unless the no balcony or light is an issue, you should be fine.  We had a deluxe and yin for kids.  There were a ton of cubbies by beds and they kept the room well organized.  The shower is like a coffin though and they had sewage smell pretty much the whole time in or around their room.

Thanks, Anne Marie.  I've bought very strong magnetic hooks - do they slide down the walls when weight is placed on them?  I tried one out on our fridge and it slid down the door when I hung something from it - and they have a very strong magnetic pull.

I am very concerned and feel that I have made a big mistake in booking an inside cabin on Seaside. We normally take 2 x 23kg each, now I am wondering if 2 flight cabin bags is too much.  I have 2 cruises booked both YIN on Seaside in 2020 and 2021. Fortunately the first cruise we have the larger inside H cabin so hoping for a mobile clothes rack will be made available.  I will be able to view a normal inside before our 2021 cruise and make a decision whether to cancel.  They are obviously not intended for adults so will need to decide if it’s acceptable or not, my wife is definitely not happy after watching a YouTube video of a similar cabin.

For our 23 night cruise the YC1 would cost another €5054 MORE after the 5% discount!  I think we'll manage fine in an inside for that kind of price differential!  We'll just spend more time in TSL and the One Pool than we may have done, otherwise.  That's some hardship - not!  😜  (Though trying to avoid all that lovely champagne and wonderful TSL snacks just might be!  😱). 

We're doing an inside for the first time also, in YC, for Christmas and New Year's on Seaside.  Yes, it will feel small, I'm sure, we're in a normal inside, not one of the HC.  We're fine with the small bathroom as it's the sane as in the aurea balcony cabins. Sure, a little tight, but fine for the two of us   

As above, we're planning more time at the TSL and One pool, etc. We've been in the YC1 and it was Fab - especially that large shower with bench, etc., but for our sailing - close to $3.5k more than the inside!  That's a whole other cruise!! Positive for us - totally dark for sleeping!  

We did a YC inside on the Seaside as our first inside cabin.  We were surprised that we didn't mind it at all.  We spent very little time in the cabin other than sleeping.  The rest of the Yacht club is so inviting that we have booked another YC inside for 2020.  And this followed a week where it rained almost every day.  But we enjoyed the whole ship and also spent a lot of time in the Top Sail Lounge.  Unless you like to spend a lot of time in your cabin, you should be fine.  CTBob

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

I am very concerned and feel that I have made a big mistake in booking an inside cabin on Seaside. We normally take 2 x 23kg each, now I am wondering if 2 flight cabin bags is too much.  I have 2 cruises booked both YIN on Seaside in 2020 and 2021. Fortunately the first cruise we have the larger inside H cabin so hoping for a mobile clothes rack will be made available.  I will be able to view a normal inside before our 2021 cruise and make a decision whether to cancel.  They are obviously not intended for adults so will need to decide if it’s acceptable or not, my wife is definitely not happy after watching a YouTube video of a similar cabin.

Not to worry! Your 4 bags will be just fine, and, they will bring in a mobile clothes rack for you since the closet is very narrow, due to the size of the bathroom. These are 2 photos of a HC YCIN cabin on the Seaside that I stayed in last April. The room is huge, as is the bathroom, and you can put suitcases under the bed. Limited storage in the bath, however, because the counter must be wheelchair accessible, and the usual storage space is gone because of this. The shower was huge - no leakage onto the bathroom floor - and a nice bench that folds down from the wall.  Here are 2 photos of 18026. Storage in the room itself is plentiful! Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.4f0081209522121029e44cece457fff7.png

image.thumb.png.ba822aad450a62fd459f8ebf9db41010.png

Edited by gimletgal

15 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, Anne Marie.  I've bought very strong magnetic hooks - do they slide down the walls when weight is placed on them?  I tried one out on our fridge and it slid down the door when I hung something from it - and they have a very strong magnetic pull.

We used the Command removable plastic hooks and they were very sturdy, not sure about magnetic.

3 hours ago, funNsun4me said:

We used the Command removable plastic hooks and they were very sturdy, not sure about magnetic.

They would be worth considering - the magnetic hooks are quite heavy, the Command ones would be better for packing.   Thank you!  😊

I have to thank this thread as it prompted me to explore our options. Today I revisited our 2021 Seaside cruise and was amazed to find 2 YC1 cabins available, 2 months ago all were sold out and our only choice was a normal YIN.  We contacted our US agent and upgraded, astonished with the price being nearly £2k cheaper than MSC discounted price and also got $650 obc. Really chuffed and find the price variations unbelievable.

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

They would be worth considering - the magnetic hooks are quite heavy, the Command ones would be better for packing.   Thank you!  😊

And they are reusable, you just by the sicky tab refills and re-use the same hooks

• Thanks 1