Drinks package

wolf7

6 hours ago, daiB said:

Well like many men I could drink £40+ of booze in a day quite easily. Certainly in my younger days. However I do not think that I could do this every day. And not every day in a 14+ night cruise. Even taking the soft drink element into consideration it would not happen. My wife on the other hand could not manage half of the £40 per. day allocation.

The restrictions would also be a major factor my preferred tipple would not be allowed. I have become very partial to an Anderson’s perfect serve, which is well outside the price limit.

Have to agree, Hendricks perfect serve in Andersons is my after dinner drink of choice.

I wouldn't want to compromise with say a Gordon's and Britvic to fit the package, it just wouldn't be the same.

Andy

7 hours ago, Clodia said:

I complained, politely, on Aurora because the first time I dined in the MDR I ordered a glass of wine and asked for a second one with my main course; when the main course arrived I had to hustle for a wine waiter and I didn't like that. The next day, the Head Wine Waiter took the trouble to talk to me at lunch, and the problem was rectified from then onward, with a second glass being brought each night I was in the MDR with my main course, and enquiries made as to whether or not I'd like a third glass.

There were never any problems in the Speciality dining restaurants being served with as much as you wanted.

The package was new to Aurora this cruise and I honestly think the problem was just "teething troubles" as staff were eager to rectify it.

There is no way I would want to have to ask the waiter every time I wanted a glass of wine.  We like a bottle on the table to drink as we like.  Those bottles are not included.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

There is no way I would want to have to ask the waiter every time I wanted a glass of wine.  We like a bottle on the table to drink as we like.  Those bottles are not included.

I never had a problem with getting wine by the glass, in fact they were quite observant as to when we were running low.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCFC said:

I never had a problem with getting wine by the glass, in fact they were quite observant as to when we were running low.

Out of interest when did you last cruise with P&O (your signature is showing Oceana 2017 ?) as this problem appears to be more apparent on recent P&O cruises.

On our previous P&O cruises the wine waiters visited tables more often.

Edited by P-L-B

9 hours ago, P-L-B said:

Out of interest when did you last cruise with P&O (your signature is showing Oceana 2017 ?) as this problem appears to be more apparent on recent P&O cruises.

On our previous P&O cruises the wine waiters visited tables more often.

I would agree, the service was previously good but on more recent cruises (the latest April 19) it was pretty poor. Wine waiters were as rare as hens teeth at dinner and virtually non existent at lunch.

It was not so bad if yo got a bottle of red as that was left on the table and you could DIY but the white disappeared off to a cooler.

I think there is more pressure on waiters and cabin staff, more customers to deal with and less staff to do it.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I would agree, the service was previously good but on more recent cruises (the latest April 19) it was pretty poor. Wine waiters were as rare as hens teeth at dinner and virtually non existent at lunch.

It was not so bad if yo got a bottle of red as that was left on the table and you could DIY but the white disappeared off to a cooler.

I think there is more pressure on waiters and cabin staff, more customers to deal with and less staff to do it.

Yes, as said that appeared to be the case on our recent cruises.

8 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

They have now started to leave the white wine in the cooler on the table.

Yes, that is what they do with our bottle of white and to be honest is not a big issue for us.

Edited by P-L-B

I’m still undecided to get it or not. As I have a room booked with my daughter and my wife is next door booked with my other daughter I only have to pay £40 a day. For 15 drinks it’s well worth it. My wife can have a few cocktails on it and I’ll get a good few pints on it. 

24 minutes ago, dazlight said:

I’m still undecided to get it or not. As I have a room booked with my daughter and my wife is next door booked with my other daughter I only have to pay £40 a day. For 15 drinks it’s well worth it. My wife can have a few cocktails on it and I’ll get a good few pints on it. 

No sharing allowed. From the T&Cs

Shipboard management also reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Ultimate drinks package at any point
during a guest’s cruise for any reason without a refund, as appropriate. A guest’s beverage package may be forfeited if they:
 - Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
 - Exhibit behaviour that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests
or staff
 - Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined