Arrival at Port Questions

If a port time says 8-4 does that generally mean that you can expect (hope) to get off the ship right at 8?  Or is that the time that the ship arrives and there are still many things that have to happen before they let you off the ship?

Also, is it generally first come first off when you arrive at a port that doesn't have tendering?  Or do they first wait to get all of the priority passengers off first?  Our time in Bermuda is 8-4 (on Anthem).  Ideally I would like to be off the ship right at 8.   

4 minutes ago, fscool said:

If a port time says 8-4 does that generally mean that you can expect (hope) to get off the ship right at 8?  Or is that the time that the ship arrives and there are still many things that have to happen before they let you off the ship?

Also, is it generally first come first off when you arrive at a port that doesn't have tendering?  Or do they first wait to get all of the priority passengers off first?  Our time in Bermuda is 8-4 (on Anthem).  Ideally I would like to be off the ship right at 8.   

Ships usually arrive earlier than stated and you can expect to get off at around the stated arrival time.   However that can be delayed due to releasing by local authorities and other things.  Also, those with RCI Excursions are usually allowed off first but, if I remember correctly, Anthem will have multiple gangways available for getting off the ship.

Steve

as soon as the ship is cleared, they will make an announcement and  you will be able to disembark.  Usually pretty much on time. They want to have everyone back aboard at 4pm.  

On Anthem in Bermuda I would HIGHLY recommend not using the forward gangway if you want off quickly.  Tours that meet in the theater take up most of the stairs going down to the gangway and there is no room to get off elevators below about deck 5 for the first hour or so after arrival.  It took us almost an hour after ship clearance since our tour was meeting on the dock. 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, Missymo said:

as soon as the ship is cleared, they will make an announcement and  you will be able to disembark.  Usually pretty much on time. They want to have everyone back aboard at 4pm.  

The arrival time and departure time for a port of call can and will vary between ships and even the same ship between sailings.

For example in the last year on RCCL,  I have been to Nassau three different times.  One time the ship disembarked at 7am and wanted all on board by 2pm .  The next time the ship disembarked around 9 am and all aboard was Midnight

So look at you itinerary as it will have docking time and and the  time the ship leaves the pier.  (all aboard time will be 30 minutes before the time the ship is scheduled to leave the pier).  However there may be adjustments on the times, which will be announced on board.  To double check on the time when you need to be back aboard, ask the security person that is scanning your seapass card as you depart the ship to visit the port of call.