Do children pay full price on Carnival

Often there is a deal on the 3 rd person in your cabin.

I think you would pay that price if you sailed with your husband and your daughter.

They pay full price per day for gratuities.

You can go on the Carnival web site and to a mock(pretend) booking to see what you might pay.

There is always a reduced fee for the 3rd person in a cabin. If you paid $1000 for you and your husband you'd pay about $400 for your daughter, based on a cruise I booked for our family coming up in June... my grandson is the 3rd person in the cabin and he cost about 40% of the rate of the 1st two people in the cabin.

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

The cost for our son (20 y.o.) on our upcoming 7-day cruise is only $300, including taxes and port fees, since he is the 3rd person in the cabin. That's compared to a fare of $1,400 each for DH and me.

Hmmm... my rate wasn't quite THAT good, but I also forgot to mention that the $400 included the gratuities, so at least I'm a bit closer to your figure!!!

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

Hmmm... my rate wasn't quite THAT good, but I also forgot to mention that the $400 included the gratuities, so at least I'm a bit closer to your figure!!!

Yeah, I haven't prepaid the gratuities yet (will do that in the next couple of weeks). I was surprised by his rate before taxes and port fees--it was only $169! I think that's the lowest 3rd person rate we've gotten for a 7 day.

With most mass market cruise line, there is no reduced fare price for being under a certain age. All 1st and 2nd passengers pay the going booking rate for the deal they book at. Then regardless of age all 3rd, 4th and in cabins that can accomodate the 5th passenger all get a reduced fare that tends to be the same across the board on a particular sailing. In other words the 3rd person in a guaranteed interior cabin or in the owner's suite will be an incur exactly the same amount of fare over the standard double booking price for whatever cabin the 1st 2 passengers pick. What gets people confused is Carnival tends to average the price on the billing across all passengers in the same cabin.

2 hours ago, gottaluvcruises12 said:

I usually don't cruise with my daughter but we want to take her on one...I was wondering if kids pay full price on Carnival. She is 3. 

OP never said he was traveling with anyone else, so the 3rd person might be mute. If it is just the OP and his daughter, she would be full fare

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

There is always a reduced fee for the 3rd person in a cabin. If you paid $1000 for you and your husband you'd pay about $400 for your daughter, based on a cruise I booked for our family coming up in June... my grandson is the 3rd person in the cabin and he cost about 40% of the rate of the 1st two people in the cabin.

Do not throw out  ALWAYS as I have paid 3 full fares before. It will depend solely on the pricing for that particular sailing. Your mileage may vary.

25 minutes ago, coevan said:

OP never said he was traveling with anyone else, so the 3rd person might be mute. If it is just the OP and his daughter, she would be full fare

He did say we want to take her on one so I would say it would not only be him and his daughter. 

6 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Unfortunately, not always the case.

My family (10 cabins, 26 people total) are going on a cruise this November 23rd out of Tampa....the cruise returns 11/28, which is Thanksgiving Day.  Because of the holiday, the 3rd passenger in some of these cabins are paying over $900, even though the 1st two passengers are paying less then $500 each.

Like you, I was expecting the 3rd passenger in each cabin to pay around 40-50% of the 1st and 2nd passenger rates and thought the $900 was a mistake. 

In calling Carnival, I was informed it was NOT a mistake and the 3rd person price was inflated due to the Thanksgiving holiday...and the influx of families wanting to cruise that particular week due to most schools being out for the week.

Bottom line, I think the 40-50% rates for the 3rd (and usually 4th) passengers usually are true about 98% of the time, but there are exceptions to that rule.   Only way to know is to do a mock booking and see what the #'s tell.

Additionally, even though the OP's child is only 3 years old, only passengers under the age of 1 are not expected to pay gratuities, so they'll have to consider that as well. 

Garnett

Do a mock booking with 2 only then one with the actual number of people.msc doesn't charge for kids under12  on most itineraries.you pay port charges and gratuities though.my youngest grandson can only go in the summer so I booked with msc a 7 day was several hundred less than a carnival 6 day for the same date and same itinerary minus one port.