Good UpGrade?

My husband was asking me Monday how much we paid for our cruise.  I logged in to tell him the exact amount.  When I logged in it said I was eligible for an upgrade.  It was $168 total to upgrade from a balcony on deck 8 to a spa balcony on deck 12.  I took the upgrade.  Hoping that I made the right choice. Did I make the right choice?

i had the same upgrade offer on a breeze sailing next april  . i went from a 9th  floor balcony to a 11th floor balcony for $20 total . the offer was on the top of the cruise manager page  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coevan said:

A Spa cabin upgrade does not necessarily include a Spa pass

Hi

Just curious, why would you think that? My understanding, is that a spa cabin includes 2 passes to the Cloud 9 spa as well the included spa cabin amenities. That is what would differentiate it from a regular balcony cabin.  Have you read anything, anywhere, that would suggest different? 

Here is a link from Carnival's FAQ page talking about the Cloud 9 spa cabins. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

Edited by Nic6318

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Depends on the ship.  The selling point for me was no kids.

Not true kids can be booked in any Cloud 9 spa cabin. They just can't use the Cloud 9 theral suites.The Havana section (select ships) is the only one that has a minimum age, but still if the kid(s) are over 12 a Havana cabin can be booked with them in it.

16 minutes ago, maryred said:

Not true kids can be booked in any Cloud 9 spa cabin. They just can't use the Cloud 9 theral suites.The Havana section (select ships) is the only one that has a minimum age, but still if the kid(s) are over 12 a Havana cabin can be booked with them in it.

Yes, but I think this kid-disliker is referring to the use of the Spa and its amenities. 

28 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Just curious, why would you think that? My understanding, is that a spa cabin includes 2 passes to the Cloud 9 spa as well the included spa cabin amenities. That is what would differentiate it from a regular balcony cabin.  Have you read anything, anywhere, that would suggest different? 

Here is a link from Carnival's FAQ page talking about the Cloud 9 spa cabins. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

There have been threads about upgrading to a Spa Cabin and not being offered Spa passes. BTW have had Spa cabins and never saw kids. So if you like the Serenity area are you also a "child disliker" We just prefer the quiet of the Spa deck and convenient location.

13 minutes ago, coevan said:

There have been threads about upgrading to a Spa Cabin and not being offered Spa passes. BTW have had Spa cabins and never saw kids. So if you like the Serenity area are you also a "child disliker" We just prefer the quiet of the Spa deck and convenient location.

Hi

I haven't seen these threads. Somehow, I would think that that sort of situation would have to be specifically stated. Otherwise according their (Carnival's) definition, the customer would not be getting what they were offered. This offer was a online offer for a spa cabin. If there was no mention of any specific exclusions, then that would mean the offer was for all the inclusions normal to a spa cabin. 

• Like 1