Drink package solution?

4 hours ago, crcossel said:

just to be fair, they don't have to tell you when promotional prices end. However, they did send out multiple emails over memorial day weekend. Also always expect prices to go up the closer to the cruise you get. There is mention of this all over the forum and facebook. 

Interesting.  I never got any emails about the promotion.  I must have fallen off a mailing list …. haven't had any emails from them in a while.  I get emails regarding my sailing but no promotional ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Drink packages are on sale again today.  I locked in my $20.  Still hoping to see something go on sale around 4th of July!

It may help others if you mention ship and sailing date.

This is for Symphony August 3rd. 

I had noted earlier that I did not get an email regarding the promotion.  I went into the settings of my account on the Royal Website and it had somehow "unchecked" that I wanted to receive emails about promotions.  I only had Celebrity checked.  So I re-checked the option and today I received an email about packages cruise planner items being on sale.

A little off topic but:

my voom package is the same as what I paid two months ago

my perfect day waterpark passes - although still on sale are $20 more pp than what I paid a few weeks ago.

And thanks Bob -  I see the option to cancel in the order history if a better deal comes along.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:56 PM, Nashna said:

I was able to get a refreshment package and the drink package by calling RCCL directly.  Our packages have changed pricing many times over the last few months.  We got the refreshment package for $17.00 per day and the drink package for $48.00.

Did you get the $48 price on memorial day weekend? We have a thanksgiving sailing and we are hoping july 4th weekend the sale price is 30% off...

I'm still trying to decide whether a drink is worth it for us.  We'll be on the adventure of the Sea.  Does anyone know the approximate price of cocktails, beer and wine on the ship?  Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, fonseu said:

Does anyone know the approximate price of cocktails, beer and wine on the ship?  

Typically it takes about 5 cocktails per day to break even - maybe 4 if the drink package is on sale.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Typically it takes about 5 cocktails per day to break even - maybe 4 if the drink package is on sale.

I'm not sure where to post this but I'll start here...

I'm starting to plan another cruise in December 2020. We have done Holland a couple of times and was pleased. However, I'm looking forward to a change of pace and read fantastic reviews regarding Royal Carribbean. Have there been any free package(internet, food or beverage) promotions with Royal Carribbean in the past? Perhaps in October? 

Thank you all!

8 minutes ago, JohnGATSea said:

Have there been any free package(internet, food or beverage) promotions with Royal Carribbean in the past? Perhaps in October? 

Yes, but not in the US market - sometimes in the UK market. Also, those promos typically result in price increases roughly equal to the value of the perks so no real savings.

55 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

True - but add in speciality coffee, juices, soda and water.  A few cocktails with a latte, some juice, and waters might make the package worthwhile.

For me, it makes more sense to go with the refreshment package and add a couple of cocktails.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 12:38 PM, Tinious said:

" All guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom and under the same stateroom booking number are required to purchase the same alcoholic beverage package."

This statement is not true. I booked the deluxe package for DW and the refreshment package for myself. I just had to call and place the order. I couldn't purchase it online that way.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mr. Candyman said:

So let's say I have a Refreshment package and wife has DBP....I figure she's going to send me to the bar for her drinks.  So does that mean she has to go get them herself?  

No. I ordered my water with my card and her beverage with her card. However they never scanned my card for the water or soda they only scanned her card for both items. They kept handing my card back to me and they just took hers. The only issue I had was in the MDR where we handed both cards to the waiter and on several occasions I got billed for her wine. One night I was billed for everyones wine. I was the only one with the refreshment package. My son and his friend both had the deluxe and they weren't even in the same room as us. I had to go to guest services to straighten it out. Make sure you check your account everyday. I never had an issue at any bar or theater only the MDR.

• Like 1

Am I right in assuming that unlike Celebrity, wine packages are kapoot?  That is the only package I have ever been interested in, and I don't see them on the planner page.  Are they allowing wine to brought on the ship with a corkage charge? 

1 minute ago, jaxon41 said:

Am I right in assuming that unlike Celebrity, wine packages are kapoot?  That is the only package I have ever been interested in, and I don't see them on the planner page.  Are they allowing wine to brought on the ship with a corkage charge? 

Corkage charge is only if you bring it to a public venue. Although, it has been reported by some that they were never charged the fee. A friend brought on a bottle of wine for my wife since she was celebrating her birthday. We asked the room steward for a cork screw and he brought us one. She drank the wine on our balcony. Since she had the deluxe package there was no need to take it to the dining room so I have no idea if we would have been charged a fee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaxon41 said:

There are no longer any fleetwide wine packages, but you may find your sailing has a wine package.  No way to order this pre-cruise, if offered, this would be onboard purchase only.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FMZ said:

Has anyone had success with calling and getting one deluxe and one soda (instead of refreshment)? 

That was offered to us onboard once, but I've not seen a report where that has been offered pre-cruise.