Celebrity Summit - what's the food like???

glf2710

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Wow..big price spread for sure .

We are booked in  a reg balc cabin  for the May itin that includes Charleston...

Guess  chances are slim to none that we will move to AQ or Concierge with those price differences!

BLU  was pricey when we first booked so we decided to do without BLU for this cruise.

We are also interested in that May itinerary but prices are high. Have done Aqua in the past but this time unless prices go lower we may have to settle of an ocean view.

4 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

5 times a year??  Are you retired?

No... about 20 years to go.  )))

- I have 21 days of PTO

-  We attach our cruises to holidays, so less vacation days are used

-  Lately we cruise mostly out of nearby ports (Boston, New York/New Jersey, Baltimore), so day we arrive back I work remotely. Although once in a while we do European cruises or drive to Florida. I wish Celebrity had more ships in our preferred ports, but for now it is only Summit, so we cruise more with RCCL and even NCL, random Holland and Cunard.

-   We have one week a year between Christmas and NY that we semiwork . We login and check if something needs to be fixed. I work in IT

-  If my vacation days are gone I work remotely from the ship. This doesn't happen often, maybe 1 day a year.

My husband works on commissions, but somewhat successful so they pay for majority of his vacations whenever he takes them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I think you have me convinced. Do you think we could get a better price if we wait to book during the cruise?  Would we have a hard time getting reservations night 3 if we wait?  That would be the night before Bermuda. 

I think you should  reconsider Tuscan for your Anniversary.  While Q sine is fun ,and has good food, Tuscan will have a better ambiance...and a nicer setting for your anniv cake..let maitre d know day ahead

I would not wait to book...you will likely get closed out.  You can always cancel if  you change  your mind again..

I would only order the  added upcharge beef,  if  it is still offered.  There are many great choices but beef  is not always the best. The antipasto plate is  excellent..dh loves the meatballs, great pastas, chops, fish.  Coffee fresh brewed and nice desserts. You will not go away hungry!

Hope I am not overselling it, but I'd dress up and have a great anniv  dinner!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

No... about 20 years to go.  )))

- I have 21 days of PTO

-  We attach our cruises to holidays, so less vacation days are used

-  Lately we cruise mostly out of nearby ports (Boston, New York/New Jersey, Baltimore), so day we arrive back I work remotely. Although once in a while we do European cruises or drive to Florida. I wish Celebrity had more ships in our preferred ports, but for now it is only Summit, so we cruise more with RCCL and even NCL, random Holland and Cunard.

-   We have one week a year between Christmas and NY that we semiwork . We login and check if something needs to be fixed. I work in IT

-  If my vacation days are gone I work remotely from the ship. This doesn't happen often, maybe 1 day a year.

My husband works on commissions, but somewhat successful so they pay for majority of his vacations whenever he takes them.

You are blessed!  Even though we could most likely get away that often, we couldn't afford to cruise that frequently.   Dh says it's my fault because I spend too much on wine!  🍷 He is in IT too (so is our ds actually), he's a web engineer and works from home.  Besides, he loves the mountains and we take several mini-trips there a year.  

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think you should  reconsider Tuscan for your Anniversary.  While Q sine is fun ,and has good food, Tuscan will have a better ambiance...and a nicer setting for your anniv cake..let maitre d know day ahead

I would not wait to book...you will likely get closed out.  You can always cancel if  you change  your mind again..

I would only order the  added upcharge beef,  if  it is still offered.  There are many great choices but beef  is not always the best. The antipasto plate is  excellent..dh loves the meatballs, great pastas, chops, fish.  Coffee fresh brewed and nice desserts. You will not go away hungry!

Hope I am not overselling it, but I'd dress up and have a great anniv  dinner!

I'm convinced!  I just made Tuscan reservations for our Anniversary.  Looking at their appetizers, the antipasto plate is what I would order.  I've also heard their strawberry shortcake is very good.  I was planning on ordering the filet since it's my favorite, along with a side of the lobster rigatoni alfredo.  At this point I'm keeping our Qsine reservations but may cancel.  I'm not a foodie, so one specialty restaurant should be plenty.  I'd rather spend our credit/money elsewhere, such as the Riedel wine tasting.  We have the premium package and plan to try to stay within our limits for the most part, outside of upgrading wine some.  If we bring a nice bottle of wine with us, do they still charge the corkage fee when we have the package?  We would actually be saving them money drinking our own wine instead of theirs.  😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

You are blessed!  Even though we could most likely get away that often, we couldn't afford to cruise that frequently.   Dh says it's my fault because I spend too much on wine!  🍷 He is in IT too (so is our ds actually), he's a web engineer and works from home.  Besides, he loves the mountains and we take several mini-trips there a year.  

Thank you. Well.. We are "addicted".  🙂

I was addicted from my childhood. My grandparents cruised a lot back in 60-80, including in Mediterranean sea for months. We lived in USSR (and moved here in 1996). I was so envious, but cruises especially cruises abroad, were not very common thing. I actually made a promise to somehow cruise when I grow up and I was lucky to move to the place right by the sea. 🙂 And after we started cruising in 2003 we almost made them a priority. We do short weekend trips to mountains and we camp by the ocean  during summers, we had some land trips (to Canyons and in Europe for example), but cruises are 90% of our vacations. And since we became empty-nesters at early 40-ies we cruise more and more. Yes, we cruise in insides.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I'm convinced!  I just made Tuscan reservations for our Anniversary.  Looking at their appetizers, the antipasto plate is what I would order.  I've also heard their strawberry shortcake is very good.  I was planning on ordering the filet since it's my favorite, along with a side of the lobster rigatoni alfredo.  At this point I'm keeping our Qsine reservations but may cancel.  I'm not a foodie, so one specialty restaurant should be plenty.  I'd rather spend our credit/money elsewhere, such as the Riedel wine tasting.  We have the premium package and plan to try to stay within our limits for the most part, outside of upgrading wine some.  If we bring a nice bottle of wine with us, do they still charge the corkage fee when we have the package?  We would actually be saving them money drinking our own wine instead of theirs.  😉

My husband loved the lobster rigatoni alfredo.  He had it both times we dined there as a side with his steak.  Our steaks were not upcharge steaks and they were wonderful.  Yes, I do believe you will have a corkage fee if you bring a bottle of wine.

13 hours ago, Tatka said:

Thank you. Well.. We are "addicted".  🙂

I was addicted from my childhood. My grandparents cruised a lot back in 60-80, including in Mediterranean sea for months. We lived in USSR (and moved here in 1996). I was so envious, but cruises especially cruises abroad, were not very common thing. I actually made a promise to somehow cruise when I grow up and I was lucky to move to the place right by the sea. 🙂 And after we started cruising in 2003 we almost made them a priority. We do short weekend trips to mountains and we camp by the ocean  during summers, we had some land trips (to Canyons and in Europe for example), but cruises are 90% of our vacations. And since we became empty-nesters at early 40-ies we cruise more and more. Yes, we cruise in insides.

Hi Tatka!  

Glad to see you are still going strong.  With more than 40 cruises you are indeed blessed.  I see you will be on Summit in September.  Maybe you will be able to post some menus?  

All the best,

R

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

My husband loved the lobster rigatoni alfredo.  He had it both times we dined there as a side with his steak.  Our steaks were not upcharge steaks and they were wonderful.  Yes, I do believe you will have a corkage fee if you bring a bottle of wine.

Good to know you enjoyed the steak.

Once I see the menu, I will remember my fav pasta dish.  Discovered it at a lunch at Tuscan.  When  we had dinner there, they offered a discounted return for a sea day lunch....limited menu but enjoyable and  lower cost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Tatka!  

Glad to see you are still going strong.  With more than 40 cruises you are indeed blessed.  I see you will be on Summit in September.  Maybe you will be able to post some menus?  

All the best,

R

Hi! Long time! 🙂

I will try to remember about menus.

22 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

We are also interested in that May itinerary but prices are high. Have done Aqua in the past but this time unless prices go lower we may have to settle of an ocean view.

Have you decided to book it?   I believe this itin is only  being offered in May and June 2020....which is why we booked it as early as we could. Even so we took a reg balc cabin to fit in with the budget.    Still hope prices will  go down but not countng on it!

Tuscan is great! We dined there last year and could only get a late reservation at 8pm. It was pretty much empty so not sure why we couldn't get in earlier. We have booked it for the first night this August.  The lobster rigatoni is delicious. I always get the filet with gorgonzola sauce. And burrata as an app. Can you tell I'm a cheese lover!? 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Have you decided to book it?   I believe this itin is only  being offered in May and June 2020....which is why we booked it as early as we could. Even so we took a reg balc cabin to fit in with the budget.    Still hope prices will  go down but not countng on it!

Waiting to see if my cruise buddy can go on either of those dates and if she wants to. She lives in Boston so Newport might not be too exciting for her but we have a friend that lives in Charleston so we would get to see her.

Laura