Royal Caribbean Gift Certificate

Help!  I was gifted a Royal Caribbean Gift Certificate Of $100. It was a wonderful and very thoughtful gift.  I was made aware by an email from Royal.   So, now that I have it, how do I use it?  Does anyone have experience with this?  Am I able to link it to my upcoming cruise and use it as onboard credit, or do I need to apply it to something ahead of time?  (I have already booked all my excursions/drink packages, etc, so I have thing to apply it to without cancelling something and repurchasing.) 

Make sure you keep copies of everything when you redeem.  I even printed out the Thank You after I submitted mine. 

I am not saying it happens often but,  on our last cruise my certificate did not show up by the third day, so down to  Guest Services I went.

They told me it had been cancelled by my Travel Agent. My TA had nothing to do with certificate that was from our son, which is what I explained to them. . You redeem them right on Royals web site or you can call. Don't know where that excuse came from.

I told them that I had the rest of the cruise and I would be on the next one also (B2B) for them to get it straight. 

Everyday I would check in with GS and was told they were checking on it with Miami.

Next to last day of cruise they said it had been applied.  I asked what had happened, but answer was "don't worry we applied it"

Just a warning to print off everything when you apply certificate.  Like I said normally we don't have any problems with them, but you never know. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I was going to get my grown children gift cert for Christmas last year thinking they could use them towards their final payment for our family cruise.  I was told that you can only use them on the ship. I was also told you could not use them towards a beverage package, dining package or excursions.  I decided not to get them.  Every time I call RC with a question, I get a different answer.  I called to ask how to book IFly three different times.  First person told me me they were booked up.  I checked everyday, it was never on cruise planner.  The second time I was told that I could book on the app from my house--that didn't work.  Third time--I was told to book at guest services or on the app once we are aboard on Day 1.  I sent an email months ago asking how to handle this--no reply.  We leave in 12 days.  Customer Service  is a thing of the past.

Edited by cruisingalong2018
I missed putting a word in.

14 hours ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

I was going to get my grown children gift cert for Christmas last year thinking they could use them towards their final payment for our family cruise.  I was told that you can only use them on the ship. I was also told you could not use them towards a beverage package, dining package or excursions.  I decided not to get them.  Every time I call RC with a question, I get a different answer.  I called to ask how to book IFly three different times.  First person told me me they were booked up.  I checked everyday, it was never on cruise planner.  The second time I was told that I could book on the app from my house--that didn't work.  Third time--I was told to book at guest services or on the app once we are aboard on Day 1.  I sent an email months ago asking how to handle this--no reply.  We leave in 12 days.  Customer Service  is a thing of the past.

If you can’t use it for credit toward the cruise balance previous to the cruise (I think that’s inaccurate, by the way, but you do have to use it 15 days or more before departure) and you can’t use it for dining, beverages, or excursions, what the heck else is left to use it for?   I don’t blame you for not getting one!  (It’ll be a real waste and shame if the person that purchased the gift essentially wasted $100.