Netflix??

angelsfort

If your phone has the memory capacity to download a movie prior to sailing and the app works offline to access the "file" there should be no problem. It's really no different than accessing files on a tablet or laptop from the internal memory or a thumbdrive.

We have downloaded from both Netflix and Amazon prior to cruising, especially since the tv stations have become so limited when we are in the cabin for the night.

Download as much as you like that your device can hold, just be aware many things "expire" in about a week, so download close to your sailing date.  Have a great cruise!

Not sure about Netflix but If you have Amazon Prime download their app and do movies from there that is what we use when we cruise and never have any issues We have like 50 movies downloaded to our IPAD

that's good news!  I think I'll practice a bit before we go and download some stuff and then put it in "airplane mode" to see if it still works.

I've got both Netflix AND Amazon Prime, so I'll check out both!  (thank you everyone!!)

5 hours ago, angelsfort said:

If I download a movie to my cell phone on Netflix,  can I watch it without being connected to data or Wifi?    (just looking at all options here!)

Do note that Disney content on Netflix is not downloadable. Almost everything else, however, is. I do this commonly for my train ride to and from work and it works well!

A note about downloading things like that though which might not be something that is thought about. 

Do not let your device or phone connect to a cell network outside of Netflix or Amazon's "home" country if you do this. Even if it is something like a laptop or tablet you tether to your phone! 

I didn't think about it at all and tethered my tablet to my phone for something random not Netflix related and didn't even open Netflix. I was actually trying to transfer a book from my tablet to my husbands phone for him. It expired 3/4th of my Netflix content  because it wasn't available in Italy.  We didn't use Amazon Prime for last cruise, but I can assume it would probably do the same thing if it decides you are in a different market from what you first downloaded in. 

31 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Vudu is another nice option. I have downloaded several from my digital collection for use on planes, trains, and automobiles...  😃

LOL  I see what you did there!!