Ladies Activity

I was looking for some activity I could get for all the ladies in my group to do together.  I thought maybe the "Wines Around the World" tasting.  There are 7 ladies in my group, two 21 year olds a few 30-40 and one 76 year old.  I thought a ladies activity would be fun surprise, but didn't want to spend a whole lot.  Has anyone tried the Wines Around the World tasting?  Any other suggestions?

I learned a lot doing this and it was fun and reasonably priced. There are a ton of free activities you can do. I love going to the napkin folding and towel animal ones every cruise. You can also take a gaming class usually on the first day of the cruise. Most people don't know how to play craps.

I'm not sure if all ships do this, but there was a ladies spa day both times I was on anthem. It's not really a spa day as it wasn't even held in the spa.  Instead, they give you a bunch of products to try, but they made it fun. Example, mini trial size eye cream, teeth whitener, etc...It was a decent free activity. I would also recommend one of the craft classes where you make jewelry, cards, etc.. The quality of craft activity varies greatly among ships.

Very nice of you to try to plan one activity for everybody. The wines would be a nice idea, someone mentioned guacamole or spa. Some ships offer a cup cake decorating class, sushi class etc.  perhaps you ship offers the galley tour with brunch. That might be a nice touch also. 

Just be aware, when you sign up for some of these fee based activities in advance,  you will be charged immediately.  Take a look at the cancellation policy in case one of the ladies is not able to attend.     

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, panzafit said:

I was looking for some activity I could get for all the ladies in my group to do together... There are 7 ladies in my group, two 21 year olds a few 30-40 and one 76 year old. 

With that age range you have got yourself a decent quiz team.  Don't try to win, just take part over a couple of drinks and enjoy the friendly banter when you discover you ignored the right answer.😉

dr'spin and I attended the standard (mostly US wineries) wine tasting and the Walk Around The World one. The set up was different -- for the standard you sat at a table in one of the MDRs with the wines already poured and a saucer of tidbits at your place; everyone progressed through the wines together with some patter from the Cellar Master. It's a good learning activity if you are a beginner as you become familiar with wine terms etc.

The WATW was in Billboard On Board and had each wine at a different high-top table with a wine steward to pour. You could go back and get a second of your favorite! There was a handout with minimum info on each wine and space to take notes, and the Cellar Master did have a presentation at the start and then was around to ask questions or hobnob. You could sit while you sipped and wrote, but you pretty much had to be mobile (or have a friend!) to Walk Around and sample the 6 or 8 wines. I think the only food was breadsticks at each table, but there might have been a bit of cheese at some as well. There was a station for rinsing out your glass, as you kept just the one for the event.

I found some new favorites at the WATW tasting, some surprises! We don't consider ourselves sophisticated enough (yet) to pay for the high-end wine tasting! But we liked both of the above, the WATW a bit more so.