Cost of drink packages on 7 day Solstice to Alaska?

luvtravel

I'm looking at booking on an Alaska 7 day on the Solstice.  Trying to compare pricing and cannot seem to find out cost of drink packages on Celebrity website. The site seems to look different every time I try it!   Not sure if it would be worth it -- or just pay for whatever we drink..which we do!   Wondered too if they have a wine by the bottle package too and a coffee card.

Sadly this is a last minute decision to sail -- so missed out on the great deals I've been reading about that included lots of perks.  Thanks for any help you can give!

A side question......are they still charging $14/day/person to upgrade from the classic drink package to the premium drink package?  We were on the Equinox in late January and they were charging the $14/day/person, even though the out of pocket "retail" price to purchase them had both increased by then to $59/day and $69/day for the classic and premium, respectively.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, offnoncruiser said:

A side question......are they still charging $14/day/person to upgrade from the classic drink package to the premium drink package?  We were on the Equinox in late January and they were charging the $14/day/person, even though the out of pocket "retail" price to purchase them had both increased by then to $59/day and $69/day for the classic and premium, respectively.

Thanks.

That seemed to be something that was only happening on the Equinox.  We paid $10 + 18% on the Edge in January.  Also upgraded 2 future cruise packages during Jan with the Captains Club and paid the same $11.80 pd.  Now the gratuties on drinks are 20% so upgrade is a total of $12 pd.

If you have not booked already, you will be booking under the new Celebrity "pay for perks" system.

That means for $45 per day pp you can choose 2 "perks". ($315 for 7 days)

Choose tips at $14.50 per day, and choose Bev package for the difference or $30.50 per day.

Yes... that means the actual cost of the classic bev pkg is $30.50 per day.

This is FAR CHEAPER than booking the bare cruise and then adding the packages.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

If you have not booked already, you will be booking under the new Celebrity "pay for perks" system.

Choose tips at $14.50 per day, and choose Bev package for the difference or $30.50 per day.

Hope this helps

I would chose beverage package and $150pp OBC.   Use the OBC to pay the tips.   You're $100 better off.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I would chose beverage package and $150pp OBC.   Use the OBC to pay the tips.   You're $100 better off.  

You are correct!

Any cruise 10 days or less, choose OBC.

I just booked a 12 day so my thinking was skewed.

Aqua and Concierge are a little more on the tips, but folks should get the point.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

Hope this helps

The $45 per day also gets you a refundable deposit rather than the non-refundable deposit with zero perks. So the "cost" of the Classic Package is actually less than ($315 minus $150 OBC)/7 = $23.57 per day depending on how much value you place on refundable vs non-refundable.