Dining help, please!

lisagro

I have met some new friends before my cruise on the roll calls and in other social media places. Some of us would like to get a big table together for early dining. We all booked our cruise in different ways; some with travel agents and some directly with Carnival. How can we make this happen? Please help!

28 minutes ago, lisagro said:

I have met some new friends before my cruise on the roll calls and in other social media places. Some of us would like to get a big table together for early dining. We all booked our cruise in different ways; some with travel agents and some directly with Carnival. How can we make this happen? Please help!

Everyone needs everyone else's reservation number.  Then each reservation must contact the cruise line (those who used a TA, the TA would do it, those who booked directly the individuals would do it).

Tell the cruise line the reservation numbers of everyone so you will be linked for dining.

9 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Everyone needs everyone else's reservation number.  Then each reservation must contact the cruise line (those who used a TA, the TA would do it, those who booked directly the individuals would do it).

Tell the cruise line the reservation numbers of everyone so you will be linked for dining.

Everyone has do do this?

11 minutes ago, lisagro said:

Everyone has do do this?

In my experience, yes, all parties that want to be linked have contact the cruise line to tell them that.  Otherwise, anyone could link up with anyone else (without them knowing it), as long as they can come up with their reservation number.  Don't really know what it would gain anyone to link up with someone without their knowledge, but there are odd people out there.

I'm not totally positive that Carnival handles it that way, but at least 2 of the cruise lines I've been on do.

Of course you can!  First, you all have to be assigned the same dining situation...either "traditional" or ATD.....then, if you are in a traditional situation....everyone needs to "link" their booking numbers so you will be seated together. If you are in ATD, then you can go to the dining room on boarding day and make reservations for whatever time is good for all of you.  They WANT to make you happy!

To confirm - yes all parties need to do it individually in same manner they originally booked to provide permission to the cruise line to be linked with each other.  Each party will need to provide their number along with the others and confirm that they wish to be linked.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Plan B, if you cannot work it as suggested, is to get together en masse and spend a bit of time with the MDR MD-  —he will most likely be glad to accomodate.

^^^ That, plus a $20 can't hurt.

They must verify all parties want to be linked due to you can then see what each has booked.  To verify they linked the rooms do the following:

***CAUTION**  Read through all steps prior to linking rooms for dining!!!***

1.  sign in to carnival and your account

2.  select the "booking and order details" tab

3.  Just under the photo and to the right there is a "manage another booking"  select that and add the booking.  You will need last name and booking number.

4.  If they have linked the rooms you will see your friends info as well as all purchases there.  If not, you will see nothing.  

5.  It will then give all "linked rooms option to check in yourself and all linked rooms or make changes to bookings, so be very careful who you link rooms with.  If you do not know them well then do not do this, just go see the MDR MD, It is safer.

• Like 1