Balcony Door Whistling-Breeze?

Gatordad815

Hi all! We are considering booking our first Carnival cruise on the Breeze, specifically looking at Spa Balcony cabin 11244. I just read a great detailed review which mentions there was a horrible whistling noise in this cabin while the ship was moving because the door wasn’t properly sealed and the door handle turned all the way around. My questions:

1) Is the whistling noise a common problem on Carnival Breeze?

2) Given the fact that our sailing would be March 2020, is it safe to assume they’d fix the issue prior to them?

3) Anyone recently been in Breeze cabin 11244 that can comment on whether this is still a problem?

Thanks for any input!

We just sailed on the Breeze last month in cabin 7459. Our cabin door rattled. We told our steward, maintenance tried to fix it, but it still rattled. I finally slid a hand towel between the door and the jamb. Had to really slam the door to shut it. That helped, but didn't fix it. We slept with pillows over our heads, lol. We didn't notice the noise until the ship started moving. It was unfortunate. First time it's happened in 9 cruises.

11 hours ago, Gatordad815 said:

Hi all! We are considering booking our first Carnival cruise on the Breeze, specifically looking at Spa Balcony cabin 11244. I just read a great detailed review which mentions there was a horrible whistling noise in this cabin while the ship was moving because the door wasn’t properly sealed and the door handle turned all the way around. My questions:

1) Is the whistling noise a common problem on Carnival Breeze?

2) Given the fact that our sailing would be March 2020, is it safe to assume they’d fix the issue prior to them?

3) Anyone recently been in Breeze cabin 11244 that can comment on whether this is still a problem?

Thanks for any input!

We will be in the cabin next door (11240) in 47 days. I will make a note to report back if there are any issues.

• Like 1

We never travel without two or three (or more) of these small rubber door / window wedges. You can pick them up at the hardware store. Should solve most squeaky, creaking doors.

Rose

DAFD8AF9-EFFA-49A7-91C2-FFBA8518792E.jpeg

Edited by Porky55

We had  a big problem on the Freedom with the balcony door on our OS in 2015.   We noticed the whistling noise the first day, as soon as we set sail, but let it go.  Then one night around 2 am we were awakened with fumes coming into the cabin from the balcony.  The first person to arrive was a Security lady and she said it was awful.  Then, an officer arrived followed by several others.  Our door was sucking in the exhaust from the smokestack.  They called the bridge and someone on the bridge watched the stream of smoke with binoculars and agreed that was the problem.  One of the officers called maintenance.  The guy from maintenance said the  ship did not carry extra gaskets.  He opened the door to the hall and the fumes were sucked out of our cabin into the hall.   The maintenance man folded up a Fun Times and wedged it in the door and declared the problem fixed.  At one point there were 12 people (besides us) in the cabin at 2:30am.