Rainforest hike with 5 year old

Sagittarius traveler

I believe if you book directly then your child can accompany you. If its the piton hike you can take a taxi there or book through a company. Barefoot holidays, serenitytvl, stluciareps all offer the piton hike. Rainforest Skyrides offer a Jacquot nature trail, the site is located 30 minutes away from the cruise port. The hike is about 2 hours if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sagittarius traveler said:

I seen on Carnival they have a hike the age minimum is 8 years old but I was wondering can I bring my 5 year old and are there  people/companies that advertise for hiking the forest like they advertise sight seeing and beach excursions?

I checked the Carnival Excursions, and see the Jaquot Trail hike with minimum age of 8. Is that the one you mean?

If so, there's a good reason for the age limits.  It's not the easiest hike in the world, a 5 year old would be very hard pressed to do it at all. Even an 8 year old will find it something of a challenge.  They have age limits for a reason.

If you want to hike, and do one your little one would be able to handle, consider Tet Paul. It's more of a walk than a hike, along a well kept trail, with some stones and hill work but very well kept and safe, and breathtaking views.. it is further from port.

Or consider maybe Pigeon Island. There's two hikes, one more of a walk, one definitely a hike plus the beach, ruins, etc. 

Or if being immersed in rainforest is a must, do the aerial tram ride instead. Your little one definitely could do that . 

There's rarely operators at the pier offering deep rainforest hikes. That's something you'd need to set up in advance. But do take into account your little ones legs, and stamina.  Most trails really aren't appropriate for such a young one.  

Tell us more about what it is you're wanting to do and we may be able to suggest other options .

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sagittarius traveler said:

I seen on Carnival they have a hike the age minimum is 8 years old but I was wondering can I bring my 5 year old and are there  people/companies that advertise for hiking the forest like they advertise sight seeing and beach excursions?

I wouldn't even consider it.

There is an age minimum for a reason ...don't expect this to not apply to you. 

Please opt for something age appropriate when considering excursions.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:38 AM, Ashland said:

There is an age minimum for a reason ...don't expect this to not apply to you. 

Please opt for something age appropriate when considering excursions.

I understand that I didn’t know the land there we live in Florida use to the heat and stuff and hike a lot on nature trails here so I asked it doesn’t hurt to ask when you love nature a lot. I asked and someone even given me a better detail and names of other places for little to do because we do love nature . 

On 6/14/2019 at 7:42 PM, reedprincess said:

I checked the Carnival Excursions, and see the Jaquot Trail hike with minimum age of 8. Is that the one you mean?

If so, there's a good reason for the age limits.  It's not the easiest hike in the world, a 5 year old would be very hard pressed to do it at all. Even an 8 year old will find it something of a challenge.  They have age limits for a reason.

If you want to hike, and do one your little one would be able to handle, consider Tet Paul. It's more of a walk than a hike, along a well kept trail, with some stones and hill work but very well kept and safe, and breathtaking views.. it is further from port.

Or consider maybe Pigeon Island. There's two hikes, one more of a walk, one definitely a hike plus the beach, ruins, etc. 

Or if being immersed in rainforest is a must, do the aerial tram ride instead. Your little one definitely could do that . 

There's rarely operators at the pier offering deep rainforest hikes. That's something you'd need to set up in advance. But do take into account your little ones legs, and stamina.  Most trails really aren't appropriate for such a young one.  

Tell us more about what it is you're wanting to do and we may be able to suggest other options .

Awww thank you so much for the detail because we live in Florida use to the heat and trails here but I don’t know the land there like hills and stuff and I really want to see nature there’s thank you for naming the other places suitable for little one I really do appreciate the help. 

1 hour ago, Sagittarius traveler said:

Awww thank you so much for the detail because we live in Florida use to the heat and trails here but I don’t know the land there like hills and stuff and I really want to see nature there’s thank you for naming the other places suitable for little one I really do appreciate the help. 

The entire island is covered in rainforest. You'll see plenty of it no matter where you go 

The Jaquot Trail is a hike, with all sorts of uneven terrain and elevation, etc, it's simply not suitable for little ones, regardless of heat or humidity.

The above options are much more suitable and vice great views also..

Enjoy 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sagittarius traveler said:

I understand that I didn’t know the land there we live in Florida use to the heat and stuff and hike a lot on nature trails here so I asked it doesn’t hurt to ask when you love nature a lot. I asked and someone even given me a better detail and names of other places for little to do because we do love nature . 

My response was related directly to your "Carnival" excursion question. If you book with an outside private tour company...their tour...their policy and liability concerns.