Rolling the dice with W class cabins

Mynki

So on this sailing there is one suite left which just happens to be a penthouse. You can book it as normal or book a guaranteed suite (W class stateroom) and hope for the best. You could end up in a S2 though. Would you take the risk? lol

Cel-suite.jpg

Or there could be rooms held back in inventory and you end up in an accessible Sky Suite that isn't currently listed as being on sale.  I also tend to think they'd offer the Penthouse as a Move-Up offer to someone who already paid more. 

And then, of course, they also have the raffle they often do on the ship to give someone a chance at winning a stay in it.  This really annoyed me the first time I ran across it.  We inquired at guest services if there were a higher suite available for us to upgrade to (we were willing to pay) and they said "so sorry, but we're full."   That afternoon there was an ad in the daily about this raffle.

• Like 2

Agree with all the replies here. 

The most important think to realize, IMO, is that what you see (or more importantly don’t see) in publicly displayed availability isn’t the complete picture.

On a recent sailing, the Celebrity Suites displayed as sold out a couple months before sailing. Yet we met two parties who won two of them through the MoveUp program and were notified 5 days before departure. 

We've always been given a nice room when booking a guaranteed category on Celebrity, but never above the category we've booked.  If you book a guarantee suite cabin, you will most likely be given exactly what you paid for, the lowest category suite.  If you have your heart set on that Penthouse suite and would be disappointed with anything less, you should probably book it outright.  If you'd be happy enough in a Sky Suite, then it would be worth the gamble.  

I wasn't planning on taking the risk. I was interested i other people's opinions of what could and probably would happen. 

Interestingly enough the W class cabin is no longer available but now both penthouses are whereas before there was only one left.