Can we do Traditional dining and MTD also?

We have early seating in traditional dining booked for our upcoming cruise. There will be a couple of days that we won't get back in time to make the early dinner. I know we can go to the Windjammer or a few other pay venues but if we want to still eat in the MDR can we show up at the MTD line and ask for a table?

It is always best if you know you will not be back in time for dinner, to let you wait staff and table guest know that on a certain night you will not be there for dinner. If you get back but running late then head to the WJ, In main dining, the tables are assigned and also if you have main dining or MTD, you can't  switch from one to the other. 

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We have early seating in traditional dining booked for our upcoming cruise. There will be a couple of days that we won't get back in time to make the early dinner. I know we can go to the Windjammer or a few other pay venues but if we want to still eat in the MDR can we show up at the MTD line and ask for a table?

Nope, you have to stick with either traditional or MTD.  If you want flexibility in the main dining room, switch to MTD.

you can always ask though. Our table wasn't full last year so we had some MTD people sit with us. One of the couples was traditional for early seating and had gotten back late from an excursion. 

If they have the space I am sure they will make it happen. Doesn't hurt to ask.