Equinox revolution - any changes to Aqua Class cabins, Spa and Blu?

UniPac

5 hours ago, rM3panno said:

Good grief. This place is not a parenting forum. ShipMonster came here to discuss the refurb and posit some legitimate questions. Somehow the sleuths here have uncovered a change to occupancy policy in AQ cabins and that he is also going to disrespect the other diners in Blu.

ShipMonster correctly pointed out that everyone took it upon themselves to find out how he had 3 guests in AQ. As a frequent cruiser with 2 children under 4 I may be overly sensitive but it gets old hearing how no one wants their meal or cruise ruined by some unruly children. In my experience the adults are more poorly behaved than any children I have seen on Celebrity.

I think that you're taking this the wrong way.  One or two little toddlers is not going to ruin the Blu experience.  However, if Blu weren't exclusive to Aqua and the overall atmosphere became more like the main dining room, then most don't want to see that. Part of the allure to Blu it's not typical of the loud banquet hall experience.  Service is usually outstanding and it's a relaxed atmosphere more conducive to conversations.  A couple kids isn't going to change and I feel good about booking aqua, knowing what the atmosphere will be like.  I don't think adults behave poorly in Blu.  Most are pretty respectful and we enjoy the difference.

Edited by hubofhockey
  • Like 1

We were on a cruise and there was a young couple with a a baby a few months old, the bays slept most of the time and we didn’t hear a peep.  

I would rather be next to them then the loud boisterous  groups of 4 traveling together or the life of the party cackling hen that wants to make sure everyone in the room know that she is present and having a good time

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 39august said:

Uh-oh. That cabin picture shows no above the bed head board storage. Please tell me that storage still exists in CC and Aqua class cabins. I saw a previous picture on another thread that showed that storage area still in cabins.

image.png.2a46dc0e79b983923244d3753b170484.png

If you look carefully at the top right portion of the photo the over the bed storage is still there.

I'm one of the people not so thrilled about the new balcony furniture (or lack thereof)

The new loungers on our Silhouette cruise last year were a lot more uncomfortable (and smaller - we could tell by how much of the lounger the towel covered) than the old ones and now it looks like they've extended that to the balconies.

😡

Edited by chamima

Just to be clear...in AQ, were the closets also changed to the ugly glass doors and open shelving on the Equinox?  Or does the existing closet arrangement still remain?  

To ShipMonster.     

I agree with others who voiced concerns about your having 3 persons to a room.  In your post you mentioned your wife, and then made the statement "We're booked for aqua class in Nov and with a toddler, we were hoping we'd have new carpeting in the room.    Sounded like three to a room to me, also.  I think you could have come back with a more pleasant response and explained that you would be getting 2 AQ staterooms instead of the snarky responses.  

Having said the above, we have been in AQ where a couple brought in an infant to dine.  The staff loved it!  The baby belonged to a staff member and wife.   Wife and baby were visiting the ship.  They dined one night in Blu.  No problem. 

IMO, I would be most bothered having a child staying next to my stateroom in AQ . I have two grandchildren, so I know they can make some noise.  Those staterooms are not very sound proof.   My DH and I book AQ mainly because of the smaller, quieter, and intimate dining experience. And although we love children, we also think the chance of having children in AQ are very slim because the staterooms are sold as 'spa, relaxation, etc.'  We don't expect that there will be children.   

BUT, you have every right to book a child into one of the AQ staterooms.  To my knowledge,  nowhere does it say  that children are not allowed in an AQ.   Hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Just to be clear...in AQ, were the closets also changed to the ugly glass doors and open shelving on the Equinox?  Or does the existing closet arrangement still remain?  

To ShipMonster.     

I agree with others who voiced concerns about your having 3 persons to a room.  In your post you mentioned your wife, and then made the statement "We're booked for aqua class in Nov and with a toddler, we were hoping we'd have new carpeting in the room.    Sounded like three to a room to me, also.  I think you could have come back with a more pleasant response and explained that you would be getting 2 AQ staterooms instead of the snarky responses.  

Having said the above, we have been in AQ where a couple brought in an infant to dine.  The staff loved it!  The baby belonged to a staff member and wife.   Wife and baby were visiting the ship.  They dined one night in Blu.  No problem. 

IMO, I would be most bothered having a child staying next to my stateroom in AQ . I have two grandchildren, so I know they can make some noise.  Those staterooms are not very sound proof.   My DH and I book AQ mainly because of the smaller, quieter, and intimate dining experience. And although we love children, we also think the chance of having children in AQ are very slim because the staterooms are sold as 'spa, relaxation, etc.'  We don't expect that there will be children.   

BUT, you have every right to book a child into one of the AQ staterooms.  To my knowledge,  nowhere does it say  that children are not allowed in an AQ.   Hope you have a wonderful time!

Snarky? Haha I wasn't even warmed up. Lets do what they've done to me, to you....

"IMO, I would be most bothered having a child staying next to my stateroom in AQ.."

Unless X has changed their policy a child can't sail ALONE in a stateroom. I just did a mock cruise on their website and I put in 1 child and it told me that was unavailable. Maybe someone can shed light on this!! I've cruised before and I don't like the idea that there's a remote possibility of have a child stay by themselves. I would call DYFUS.  Was it the baby of the staff member who was by themselves? I hope this person knows that most people book a cruise with the idea that there wont be a parent-less child running around.....

I could do this for days, it's so much fun, however I have a life. Now you understand that the main point I was making was lost on everyone. My child/booking is of no concern to anyone on here. Additionally, if people choose to maintain their ignorance of the English language, or the inability to understand high level reading concepts, then I get to be snarky. Especially if they continue to idealize innocence due to their ignorance. All I said is we booked AC and we have a baby. If a person read that and thinks "This person has one room booked with three people" that's your projection and problem, not mine.

I'm done talking about my kid. At least there's a few on here who understand.

Maybe Celebrity cruise line is for people who want exclusivity but can't afford the adult only cruise line??

/\ Now that was snarky :) 

For those who didn't get it.....That last line was was in jest, if you didn't realize it *We're booked on Celebrity* I was making fun of myself. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, ShipMonster said:

Guten tag, I don't know much about this cruise line but my wife follows an Equinox facebook group that's more active than this board. She was telling me they they're still preforming the re-fitment during certain port days. Literally throwing out furniture and materials at a port and installing new ones on the same day. She also said that Celebrity won't be done with the *total* refurb until 2021. We're booked for aqua class in Nov and with a toddler, we were hoping we'd have new carpeting in the room. I think the take away from all of this is that the Equinox will be changing over time, week to week. We're just sitting back watching the trip reports drip in.

I am of the impression that no more then two guests can be in an AQ cabin.  Did you get two cabins?  You should check.

46 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I am of the impression that no more then two guests can be in an AQ cabin.  Did you get two cabins?  You should check.

Keep it on the down low. We're going to dress our kid to look like carry-on luggage and hope it makes it through the x-ray machine.  Shhhhhhhh 

Mr. Monster,

Could you even entertain the remote possibility that you are a poster with a total (as of this viewing) of 15 posts and that there are cruisers here who have been cruising for quite a while and had the good intentions of alerting you to a potential problem?

Remote possibility that you could entertain this thought and realize that you, in fact, responded with a tone that was not civil to several who were attempting assistance? 

I also don't understand your glee and amusement at the verbal barbs you've decided to throw. Be that as it may, smooth seas and happy sails. I hope your cruise is everything you want it to be.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Member123 said:

Mr. Monster,

Could you even entertain the remote possibility that you are a poster with a total (as of this viewing) of 15 posts and that there are cruisers here who have been cruising for quite a while and had the good intentions of alerting you to a potential problem?

Remote possibility that you could entertain this thought and realize that you, in fact, responded with a tone that was not civil to several who were attempting assistance? 

I also don't understand your glee and amusement at the verbal barbs you've decided to throw. Be that as it may, smooth seas and happy sails. I hope your cruise is everything you want it to be.

Very well said.   I believe this poster has been on 3 previous cruises and, as you pointed out, a total of 15 posts here on CC.   Good advice was met with only sarcasm and attitude.   You just can't help them all.   I also hope that he and his family enjoy their cruise.