Uber/Lyft at disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

ardentcruiser

We will be sailing on the Celebrity Equinox in February 2020 and looking into taking an Uber/Lyft at disembarkation in Port Everglades to get to the airport. Has anyone tried that before? Since there are a lot of people getting off at one time, I am not sure if it will be tough to find an Uber. Is there a better option to get to the airport? 

For how many?

Taxis will be lined up and the meter d fare should be about $15+. UberX or Lyft, good for 2-3 passengers plus bags, will be about $10+ and the wait for pickups is usually about 5 min.

2 weeks ago we took an UberXL (4 people + luggage) from Port Everglades to the airport to be dropped off to pick up a rental car. We waited maybe 3 minutes once outside of the terminal. It was a 9 minute ride and cost $11.27.

Hello,  

We will be coming off the ship with 5 people with large suitcases. Each will have a backpack.  We are new to Uber/Lyft.   Will one UberXL be sufficient or will I need to have my wife download the app and request a 2nd vehicle?

I contacted a few shuttle services...$100....

That is ridiculous.

Thanks.

Edited by uncdds12

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, In Toronto said:

I have used Uber here several times and no problem at all.  But, getting off a ship with the crazy crowds, am concerned how to arrange the pick up at the port.  Do you pick a 'post' or what?

When you walk out of the port, there's a waiting area for pick-ups. Uber/Lyft is at the end of that area. Very simple.

3 hours ago, In Toronto said:

Thank you so much.  Yes, very simple.

Do you know about the Ft. Lauderdale Airport?  Is there also an area for Uber/Lyft pick-ups?

Yep. There is. I can say for Southwest once you go downstairs and get your luggage, you walk out the doors and to the right and it's at the very end. I assume it's like that for the rest of the airlines but we only fly Southwest.

10 hours ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

I've also never used Uber/Lyft and was wondering how to identify your uber/Lyft car since a taxi has name of cab company on the side of the cab?

As soon as you request your Uber or Lyft, it tells you on the app the type of vehicle as well as the driver and tag number. So you know to look for a black Cadillac Escalade with Jeff driving. Tag ABC-123. Plus the driver will usually text you if they don't see you. Also when you make your request, it has a place for notes. I usually send the driver a helpful note with my request. "Wearing a red shirt, white hat, standing next to the trashcan at the end". 

Once you use an Uber or Lyft, you'll never step foot in a nasty taxi again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

As soon as you request your Uber or Lyft, it tells you on the app the type of vehicle as well as the driver and tag number. So you know to look for a black Cadillac Escalade with Jeff driving. Tag ABC-123. Plus the driver will usually text you if they don't see you. Also when you make your request, it has a place for notes. I usually send the driver a helpful note with my request. "Wearing a red shirt, white hat, standing next to the trashcan at the end". 

Once you use an Uber or Lyft, you'll never step foot in a nasty taxi again.

Second this.  Have used LYFT from the Ft. Lauderdale port.  Our the exit, turn left, walk about 30 yards and wait for your Uber/Lyft.   Drivers have always called me before pickup up from ports and airports.  It's easy.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, In Toronto said:

Thank you so much.  Yes, very simple.

Do you know about the Ft. Lauderdale Airport?  Is there also an area for Uber/Lyft pick-ups?

This is the map from the uber drivers site for Ft. Lauderdale airport pickup.

desk.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...