No Dress Code in MDR anymore?

AidenL

3 hours ago, Blazerboy said:

That is NOT true!!! You used to be polite with me, even!

(Nice to see you again- hope all is well)

Mr. Blazer Boy,

So nice to "see" you.  I have missed you on the Dove's site.  🙂

10 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm ok with that if you let me decide which rules I don't have to follow.  For example, why can't I wear shorts.  Using your logic, I sit down at the table and the table cloth covers my legs.  No one at the table knows if I'm wear shorts.  So  with your logic, I should be allowed to wear shorts.

I totally agree.  Again, it is that people pick which rules they will follow and which rules they won't.  If someone wants to wear fancy flip flops, which BTW I wear at home, then why can't I wear fancy dress shorts in the dining room or be a chair hog.  Folks always think the rules don't apply to them. 

I think the big issue is, if someone is wearing flip flops, dressy or not, others feel they can wear theirs even if they are not dressy.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

What is the definition of flip flops?  I have a pair of rubber ones that I wear around our pool.  To me they are flip flops.  I have dressy leather sandals with heels or wedges that have no backs.  Are they flip flops?  I wouldn't consider wearing the rubber ones in the dining room, but the others I wear to church in the summer as well as to restaurants.  I think they are perfectly appropriate for the MDR.  Maybe the flip flop police would like to comment .....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smtcan said:

What is the definition of flip flops? .  I think they are perfectly appropriate for the MDR.  Maybe the flip flop police would like to comment .....

I can do that.  If they are only held to your foot by an attachment between you big toe and your second toe, it's a flip-flip flop. It doesn't matter if it's rubber or leather it's a flip flop.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1