Vista Repair News - Upcoming Cruises Cancelled

Lee Cruiser

Here is the repair news:

CARNIVAL VISTA

7/06/2019, 7/13/2019, 7/20/2019

Dear Carnival Vista Guest,
Carnival Vista has been experiencing an issue affecting its maximum cruising speed. Unfortunately, we will be unable to operate the above voyages, as it is necessary to remove the ship from service to complete the required repairs.

We sincerely apologize for the unanticipated disruption to your vacation plans. We are deeply disappointed that we will not be able to deliver the cruise we had planned for you.

We will automatically process a full refund of your cruise fare, including pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Please be advised that it could take up to three weeks to process through your bank.

We will reimburse you up to US$200.00, per person, for any independent air expenses and/or change fees. Please submit supporting documentation via email to airreimbursements@carnival.com.

Since we'd love nothing more than to welcome you back, we will be extending a 100% future cruise credit.* The credit must be used to rebook a sailing taking place before December 20, 2020.

Once again, we are very sorry for the disappointment this has caused and thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on a Carnival cruise in the near future.

----------------------------------

I am sure there is a massive dollop of mixed emotion for those affected by this news. I am here to answer any questions or listen to your views and will make sure the right people see them too.

I hope that the complimentary cruise is one that you can book as soon as possible and please know that the crew on all our ships are ready to show you the best of times and give you the fun you so very much deserve
And that includes of course the crew of the Carnival Vista who I hope will be given the chance to serve and entertain you.

Thanks so much and again I am here to listen and to help you all I can.

• Like 3

So here is my dilemma. At my job I have to pick vacation In October/November for the FOLLOWING year. Meaning I've had my days off and cruise booked for this July since LAST October. We are only allowed 1 person out of 11 off at a time, so its not as simple as just picking another date in August to go cruise.

The dates I'm off in July I'm still off, but if I still want to cruise SOMEWHERE, then I have to scramble to find another boat, and fly to it ( we live near Galveston so no flight required). SO even if I find a cruise the same price, I now have to pay for flight tickets. And as I understand it Carnival will not pay for them as they are not part of the original booking. Is this right?

My daughter is booked on the one leaving on the 27th for her honeymoon.  It hasn’t been cancelled yet but would be next on the list for cancellations. Any speculation on if they will have the ship repaired and actually sail the 27th?

17 minutes ago, Hobiedallas said:

So here is my dilemma. At my job I have to pick vacation In October/November for the FOLLOWING year. Meaning I've had my days off and cruise booked for this July since LAST October. We are only allowed 1 person out of 11 off at a time, so its not as simple as just picking another date in August to go cruise.

The dates I'm off in July I'm still off, but if I still want to cruise SOMEWHERE, then I have to scramble to find another boat, and fly to it ( we live near Galveston so no flight required). SO even if I find a cruise the same price, I now have to pay for flight tickets. And as I understand it Carnival will not pay for them as they are not part of the original booking. Is this right?

I am so sorry to hear your sailings have been booked. Feel free to express your concerns to a supervisor at Carnival. I know it doesn't compare, however the Freedom and Dream are in Galveston. If not, you could fly to Miami in order to cruise on the Horizon, however those rates would be through the roof! If you must, Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas is in Galveston and that offers the most comparable non-Carnival option. Hope that helps a little!

• Like 2

I already checked the Dream/Freedom and the July 6ish cruising are all 100% sold out. Its touching a big holiday so no real surprise there but it sucks.

All 3 RCL cruises that fit in my window only have Interior only, which I'm not willing to do.

Miami for the Horizon is a good idea though, so I'll check that out, thanks!

Edited by Hobiedallas

I feel bad for the those who have had their cruise canceled and I would be really disappointed. A ship is a mechanical vehicle and sometimes things break. We are on the Vista October 12th and I would hope it is all sorted out by then. We are more spontaneous and book only 4 or 5 months ahead and we drive to the port so we don't have the long term planning involved as many people have to, but it not getting to go on a cruise you are really looking forward to is just something no one is ready for. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hobiedallas said:

Check New Orleans too- I just put it in Google Maps- looks like just under a 6 hour drive. Mobile looks like a longer drive- but could be another option.  

But that sucks- hope you can find somewhere to go 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hobiedallas said:

I am with the other comment, I would call Carnival. They may have a lot of calls and can't do anything else. But you never know. 

Been following this situation even though we don't sail until Sept. Didn't expect to see 3 cruises cancelled, that's crazy. Can't even imagine having to stress and scramble if I needed to get something new booked on such short notice. So sorry this happened to the affected cruisers.

55 minutes ago, lstroh said:

My daughter is booked on the one leaving on the 27th for her honeymoon.  It hasn’t been cancelled yet but would be next on the list for cancellations. Any speculation on if they will have the ship repaired and actually sail the 27th?

Probably not anyone on here. A Carnival rep might be able to share more.  But, then again, they may just have the same information as well.  Hopefully it will work out for your daughter. 

1 minute ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Been following this situation even though we don't sail until Sept. Didn't expect to see 3 cruises cancelled, that's crazy. Can't even imagine having to stress and scramble if I needed to get something new booked on such short notice. So sorry this happened to the affected cruisers.

Must be a dry dock repair.

Personally, while it would suck to have your cruise cancelled, I think I would re-book on another ship last minute for the same week.  While not what you are looking forward to, it's at least a cruise, AND to get a free cruise in the future??  Hells yeah!  

Oh, and if you purchased insurance like you should, your airfare will be covered if you do have to cancel...so...again while it would suck, you could be coming out ahead in the long run.

Edited by ishap
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lstroh said:

I would surmise that Carnival has estimated how long it will take to repair whatever needs fixing and has taken the ship out of service for exactly the "planned" amount of time, and presumably they have sourced the required replacement components.  The only way your cruise would be affected would be if Something Went Wrong during repairs.  And they probably won't know that until right before it is scheduled to go back into service.  Sorry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I would surmise that Carnival has estimated how long it will take to repair whatever needs fixing and has taken the ship out of service for exactly the "planned" amount of time, and presumably they have sourced the required replacement components.  The only way your cruise would be affected would be if Something Went Wrong during repairs.  And they probably won't know that until right before it is scheduled to go back into service.  Sorry.

That's a good point. They have had quite a bit of time to access it and get parts in the works. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xMandy said:

We were booked for July 13th on the Vista.  I've been on hold for 27 minutes with Carnival trying to reschedule.  😢

I was on hold for 56 minutes yesterday for completely unrelated reasons. I feel the struggle 😩.

40 minutes ago, ishap said:

Personally, while it would suck to have your cruise cancelled, I think I would re-book on another ship last minute for the same week.  While not what you are looking forward to, it's at least a cruise, AND to get a free cruise in the future??  Hells yeah!  

Oh, and if you purchased insurance like you should, your airfare will be covered if you do have to cancel...so...again while it would suck, you could be coming out ahead in the long run.

Yea that all sounds good on paper. In reality,  trying to book a cruise during the July 4th holiday three weeks out is a nightmare. Almost everything is totally and completely booked.

• Like 1

If an airline cancels your flight due to mechanical (assuming they even admit its mechanical and don't try to blame it on weather) you'll get a meal voucher.  Getting a free cruise sounds like a really good deal to me.

• Like 9

My heart goes out to the people who had their Vista cruises cancelled!  What on earth can you do with non-refundable airfare that puts you in Galveston, TX for the week?   [Not all of us are within reasonable driving distance of any cruise port.]  Rent a car and explore Waco?

So sorry to all of you who will have a "much-less-than-anticipated" vacation week.

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We will reimburse you up to US$200.00, per person, for any independent air expenses and/or change fees.

^

1 minute ago, Out of Iowa said:

My heart goes out to the people who had their Vista cruises cancelled!  What on earth can you do with non-refundable airfare that puts you in Galveston, TX for the week?   [Not all of us are within reasonable driving distance of any cruise port.]  Rent a car and explore Waco?

So sorry to all of you who will have a "much-less-than-anticipated" vacation week.

1 minute ago, Out of Iowa said:

Although Carnival is providing $200 for airfare changes, Galveston is just outside of Houston, which is a much better option than Waco. Haha.

My family was going to be on the July 13th sailing, so now, I'm trying to figure out a vacation for us.  We're not week long beach people, so trying to find something relaxing but also fun for my 5 and 8 year old might be a chore.

• Like 1