Cruise from Seattle to Lima

GusCas

You will be at sea.

Anyone who says they can predict what seas will be like at ANY specific time months in advance is pulling that prognostication from a certain bodily orifice.

I often say that anyone planning to take a cruise, in any location, should be ready to face bad weather and rough seas.  And if that doesn't materialize, to be happy with the improvement.

3 hours ago, GusCas said:

We are looking at this cruise, but are wondering what the sailing conditions would be in Sept/Oct.

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Fall is best weather here along the Nor California coast, IMO, but can't say anything about swells you will encounter.   I think the best you can do is go by historical averages, and there are going to be times of the year when storms/rough seas are more or less likely.   I'm not even sure where to look for something covering Seattle to Lima.  Maybe NOAA has something, IDK.  

Anyway, your mention of a Seattle to Lima cruise caught my eye.  If you don't mind could you share which cruise line? Thanks.   

We did the reverse a few years ago, Lima to San Diego.

As mentioned, the seas are not predictable. There is an area off southern Mexico, known for very strong winds...most notable when sailing northbound. We have had two overnight sailings through the area with very high winds. Also, between Cabo San Lucas and San Diego can be rough, again more notable northbound.

Seas can be rough any time, anywhere. If you have problems with seas, you need to be prepared very day you are on a ship. 

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just noticed you are on the Amsterdam, that is a pretty tiny ship and you will feel the weather if it is stormy. 

The Amsterdam has a capacity of 1380.  I would hardly say that this is tiny.  I regularly cruise on the R class ships that hold 650 people and that  is about as big a ship as I ever want to cruise on.  I have even done a cruise on a 55 passenger ship.  That is about the right size for me.

DON