New Deck Plans for Oasis and Allure?

Anyone have any idea of when RCI will release the new deck plans for Oasis and Allure for AFTER the huge dry docks coming up? When I look on the RCI site, and even click on the later post dry dock sail dates, the plans still show the current configurations. Don't you think they should show what will actually be there for the cruise you are booking? 

Below is a link to a marketing email I received today.  There is a link to the deck plans but it looks like the old deck plans when you click the link even though it gives you date options to select.  I thought I read somewhere that Dazzles was being replaced but it's still listed as a bar.  The Champagne bar is also listed as a bar but there is a picture of dreadful Bionic bar.  it's hard to say what is correct and what is not. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas

Will they still have CATS after all this time?  Surely, eventually, they will find something else.  

That said, CATS is playing in KC this summer at the outdoor venue similar to the Muny.

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

Will they still have CATS after all this time?  Surely, eventually, they will find something else.  

That said, CATS is playing in KC this summer at the outdoor venue similar to the Muny.

jc

They were casting a couple of weeks ago for new people for Cats which would lead one to believe that the show is staying.

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

That's the current scoop on FB. 

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

good lord.  The ship launched what in 07 or 08?  That is more than a decade.

jc

CATS was second. I think she had Hairspray first. 

Allure started with Chicago

Freedom has had their show around 10 years I'll guess

Edited by John&LaLa

Ok, so 5 years turning into 10....  I know the great white way sucks these days, but surely 5 years is a long enough torture.

I like CATS.  That said.... the show is 35 ish years old.  Yikes.

We have educated a couple of generations since then surely someone can still write music and lyrics?  

I have Hamilton tickets coming up.....  O lord, is that where musical theatre is?  

Quote Danny, “effing” Kay.... the Theatre, the theatre, what has happened to the Theatre?  White Xmas 1954.

jc

They are releasing it as a 100+ million dollar movie in December. Quite the A list cast with Spielberg as executive producer. 

Oasis is also doing summer in NYC. They must like CATS up there. It played 20+ years

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

We saw Hairspray,....again on the Symphony last year.  although a bit easier to sit through if you hate it, an even worse musical.  How has that stayed on ship(s)?

The Theatre, the theatre, what has happened to the Theatre?

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1