Port Tampa parking question

Terab85

This will be our first time cruising out of Tampa and we plan to park at the port.  Has anyone done the valet parking?  It's only $20 more and wonder if its worth the convenience.  And does anyone know which terminal the Miracle will be going out of?

1 hour ago, Terab85 said:

This will be our first time cruising out of Tampa and we plan to park at the port.  Has anyone done the valet parking?  It's only $20 more and wonder if its worth the convenience.  And does anyone know which terminal the Miracle will be going out of?

We use the valet parking in Tampa and absolutely feel it is worth the $20.  The regular parking garage is across the street....which isn’t bad.  But it sure is nice not to have to schlep your luggage to the terminal!!

12 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We use the valet parking in Tampa and absolutely feel it is worth the $20.  The regular parking garage is across the street....which isn’t bad.  But it sure is nice not to have to schlep your luggage to the terminal!!

True that, we feel exactly the same way.

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

How is it for debarkation?  My DH and I like to get off the ship early so we can get on the road.  Are they pretty quick with getting your car back to you?    At Port Canaveral, we usually drop the bags off with a porter and then he goes to park.  Is it similar to that??

5 minutes ago, Terab85 said:

How is it for debarkation?  My DH and I like to get off the ship early so we can get on the road.  Are they pretty quick with getting your car back to you?    At Port Canaveral, we usually drop the bags off with a porter and then he goes to park.  Is it similar to that??

When you arrive you will pull up in front of the terminal in the valet lane and they will take your luggage and keys and you walk right into the terminal.  So easy..

Our experience on debarkation was very good.  We only waited a few minutes for our car to be brought to us.

The parking garage in Tampa is across the street and while it is not a terribly long walk it can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage.  With the valet you just wait, they load your car, you tip them a few bucks and off you go.

We drive to most ports so we are always ready to be on the road ASAP....

Edited by GTO-Girl

53 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

When you arrive you will pull up in front of the terminal in the valet lane and they will take your luggage and keys and you walk right into the terminal.  So easy..

Our experience on debarkation was very good.  We only waited a few minutes for our car to be brought to us.

The parking garage in Tampa is across the street and while it is not a terribly long walk it can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage.  With the valet you just wait, they load your car, you tip them a few bucks and off you go.

We drive to most ports so we are always ready to be on the road ASAP....

Thanks for the info!!  I think we'll give the valet a try.

2 hours ago, sammee said:

I prepaid the normal parking, how is the walk to the terminal? I'm thinking I should have done the valet, live and learn.

You can always do it once you arrive.  

On one cruise we just pulled into the valet lane and told them we wanted to upgrade to valet.  It was no problem....

So it’s not too late....😁😁

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

You can always do it once you arrive.  

On one cruise we just pulled into the valet lane and told them we wanted to upgrade to valet.  It was no problem....

So it’s not too late....😁😁

Thanks so much for that info. I think we may do just that. I don't mind the walk, just dragging the luggage.

last time we sailed from Tampa the valet lot was outside while the regular parking was in a multi-story ... meaning we were able to park covered ......

since the garage is across the street on depart day I dropped Mrs and bags at the curb where they checked the bags and she went inside while I parked which took all of 10 minutes.  On return again she waited for me while I walked across the street, got the car and came back to load up .....

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

last time we sailed from Tampa the valet lot was outside while the regular parking was in a multi-story ... meaning we were able to park covered ......

since the garage is across the street on depart day I dropped Mrs and bags at the curb where they checked the bags and she went inside while I parked which took all of 10 minutes.  On return again she waited for me while I walked across the street, got the car and came back to load up .....

Thanks, that's definitely a good idea too. Thanks, that timing is not bad.

When we debarked in Tampa it was pouring down rain. You know how those summer rainstorms are in Florida, right? Bight and sunny one minute and ankle-deep, can't see across the street, who turned out the sun downpour the next minute. Luckily, we had valet parking. They ran out to get our car, then backed it up to the covered area and loaded our luggage while we stayed nice and dry. They even grabbed our umbrella out of the back of our car so we could use it to take the few necessary steps to get in.

Those poor folks who had to swim their way over to the parking garage were probably wishing they had paid that extra $20 about that time.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Valet is awesome at the port of Tampa. Parking and the flow for parking is a pain. Not to mention in the hot sun I'm happy to pay someone $20 to get out of the heat. Well worth it. We do it every time and love it. Also when you get off the ship if you self debark and pay at the valet before you board they get your car super quick and you are out of there!

Definitely use valet.  Sometimes the ships leave from one dock and arrive at the next one.  (Had this happen on Royal).  If you have valet the young men get your car from the other lot and bring it to you. They also help load luggage and other miscellany.  Don't forget to tip them, they work mostly for the tips.

If you don't have valet you may have to walk over to the first building lot.  There are

'shuttles' but they are few and far between. and, as I recall, they are just cars.  Well worth $20 plus tip.

Valet at the port of Tampa is awesome. It's a nice perk, and certainly can make your life easier/more convenient.  However keep in mind that if you're on a budget, and need to save money where you can; the parking garage is directly across the street from the port.  It is an EASY walk even with luggage provided it's the rolling type.

We sail out of Tampa all the time because we live less than an hour away. We always do Valet parking and it is so worth it, especially on the last day. We get a porter to take our luggage and he brings it right out to the car when it is brought. The Valet parking is right by the elevators to go up to check in, so very convenient.

• 3 weeks later...